Mike Releases Statement On LP Live Archives + Be A Guest On Mike's Blog!

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hit the nail on the head there. The band is providing these shows at the same cost they were sold at shows, to give people the option of re-living a show they had experienced, but may not have been able to purchase back when they saw it. At the shows themselves, the DSPs were limited and if you didn't show up to that booth in the beginning of the show it was all but certain you missed out. Not only that, you got a CD-R to burn the show, that usually didn't even fit the whole show. This format (online and allowing you to buy whatever show you want, not just the one you went to) is perfect. Some bootleggers may be upset that they can't get it for free, but...the band isn't forcing you to buy these from the site. There are many ways (which I do not support and will not explain) to get these without paying for them, but that's your choice.

MarieShinizzle

MarieShinizzle Member

It's cool that they made most of the shows available fot all of us. I think it's a good deal. LP is the only band i know doing somthin like this and i think it's so cool that they make it possible to download the shows so you can here it over and over again :)
    I think they aren't too expenive either... I had to pay 10 € for the cd with the code on it at the concert which is even more than these 10$ or what?...i think its okay...of course everyone would be more happy to get them all free...but there's alomost nothin for free anymore. so be happy with what it is or just don't buy them.

and i love this "guest blogger" contest! such an awesome idea! also i know i won't win :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's actually awesome dude!

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I bought my show's recording from Projekt in 2007 and it didn't work online... and in 2008 I bought the show's recording beforehand online that was supposed to be mailed to the same address as the tickets a few weeks after the show, but it never came...

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Send these guys an email: http://downloads.linkinpark.com/support/feedback.aspx

Derek

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda actually addressed that statement once in a post on his site in October of 2008 but it's longer there; thankfully, someone quoted the whole post here. :) And, then, it was brought up again in this entry, only a few days later. :3

To quote some of the first post,

--
    POSTED BY ASH_QWERTY, HOW TO: ARTIST ROYALTIES, INDIE V. MAJOR
    We can hardly judge Warner for what they're doing though can we? I mean, we've all downloaded some LP music off random sites without paying haven't we (sorry Mike)? Although i know download all my non-cd tracks off 7digital.com- honest :). But Mike & LP even support this- they're that kind of band. Still, screw Warner :). Everyone on the LPU Forums hates them anyway!

M: The part about downloading is actually a common misconception; I don't support stealing music. Artists work hard to make and put out their songs, and they should be able to reap rewards from their work. I do, however, accept the fact that, the way the internet is, I can't stop anyone from stealing it. Some people want to chase down every peer-to-peer network and shut it down. I think that approach might simply be unrealistic.
    --

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Derek

That's interesting.

I'm not trying to spread any false information here, or start rumors when I (still to this day) don't know the facts...but notice how he said "Qwerty (Live)" was free? Well, when LPA premiered Qwerty exclusively a few months before it's OFFICIAL release on LPU6, it came from an unknown source and was uploaded to a website that positively nothing to do with Linkin Park (and actually was the homepage of someone not connected to Warner at all). The band never protested us having the song up (at least...we were never contacted about it personally) and the link to the song was even linked on the band's official myspace.

But wait..it get's better...

That same anounymous source? Gave us Remember The Name. We never were told who gave us the track, or what, why or how it made our way to us...and that mystery has never been solved...even 5 years later. Whoever got the track, managed to sneak it past Warner/Machine Shop without them knowing. Hmm....

minuteforce

Sure it was the same source? :)

Derek

The files were uploaded to the same directory, so while I cannot 100% say yes...the odds are likely that the same person was involved.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Well Every singer | Group | Artist , they are more and more famous because of the P2P !
    first i knew LP its P2P Stuff, and i searched in all P2P places till i get the concerts + albums they made that time in 2002-2003-2004 those 3 years i was LP fan through P2P, 2005-2010 i start collecting the original albums.
    if 15$ in some countries it's a good price, for others it's expensive, i couldn't buy LP albums till 2005 !
    and my first original album was Meteora then Hybrid Theory then Reanimation then the rising tied, and finaly MTM ( sur LIT - Collision course ...ect)!
    We need P2P, because its the SALT of [ internet ] in my opinion :) .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    minuteforce

Ah. I see. :) I never knew what was going on behind-the-scenes, so, yeah.

Derek

It was probably some nice dude in Warner who leaked the tracks, but it's always great to speculate. Makes for good water cooler gossip :lol:.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

maybe Mike leaked both of those tracks himself? He seems to be a fan/admirer of Nine Inch Nails, and Reznor has done the same thing on Demonoid, the Pirate Bay, etc. It's possible, and atleast he's level headed and grounded when it comes to the subject of free music, unlike glorified drag queens like Gene Simmons and whatnot. Good for him.

Oh, and wouldn't it just be cheaper to subscribe to LPU online rather than spend $49.95 (for 5 shows) and only get a year free? That seems odd to me, but I haven't been anywhere near the LPU since... LPU3, I think. So whatever.

Derek

Would be quite funny if the culprit who gave us those two tracks was actually him.

But again, not gonna claim things I can't prove are true :p.

minuteforce

Reznor didn't really do that stuff until ... like, 2007. Or something. :p Although I think he did criticise the industry his entire career.

You have been implying that this whole time, so, like, yeah. :lol:

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I think P2P has really helped a lot of smaller and mid-level bands achieve success and get much larger followings... not gonna lie without it there's some bands I'm really into now (and I spend money on via concerts, merch, buying new/old songs) that I never would be a fan of without downloading some of their songs for free originally...

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Yup P2P, is part of our life !
    this is life, some companies they said they are fighting it, but from the inside they want it because they have a lot of benifit from it, but they just
    want it to be like 10 to 20% .... !
    because in this life, each ppl in it are complement to the others ... example:
    - if there is no virus & no hackers = no Anti-virus = no NORTON - KASPERSKY - NOD 32.
    - no crimes = no Police men, no jobs.
    - no wars = no weapons = no MONEY.
    and there are many many things like this ... :) .
    :p i think even LP they used some P2P when they were young ... so i like people who doesnt forget from where they came and who they were ... ;) !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.