The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

My advice is that even if you have the smallest doubt about trusting someone, don't take the risk going into business with them. There are stories about best friends going into business together only for one of them to screw over the other and steal ideas and/or money for themselves so it's certainly not worth the risk if you have a doubt about their trust. ;)

2. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah I would say no go Jesse. You don't sound to convinced yourself so just respectfully decline

3. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yep, stay clear of the Pothead.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

HMMMMM SASQUATCH AGWEE. SAIM FING HAHPPON WEN GEORGE LUCASS STOLEE MAI LUKZ FORHRR CHEWEEEEEIE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

5. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I would go into business with the pothead. Over the next few years, I will be moving forward with various policies to get marijuana legalized on a national level. After that happens, you won't have these excuses to fall back on like, "he's a pothead and can't be trusted". Because the entire nation will be potheads. Or fat asses, probably both. I hope this helps you, Jesse. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me through the White House website, http://www.whitehouse.gov

Thank you, and God bless America.

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Dear Mr. Pew Prez

It's more because of he's untrustworthy. Not because he's a pothead.
    And it's very questionable why he has asked me and why is current partner is quitting.
    Now, give me some disability checks. I have a personality impairment.

7. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

8. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

So my cousin Jessica is a complete liar. How dare she try to take my dad's name and run it through the mud. My dad was more of a dad then her own to her. He treated her so well and did so much to include her and her 3 sisters into everything we did. My dad never did such acts as she claims. She just came back from the army and I guess she wanted the Jessica parade to continue because honestly nobody gives a fuck about her anymore. So she started this fucking lie. She wants the attention. Now her dad, whos a cop, is threating my father. Does she not realize how much it effects not only my dad but us, his kids, as well. I don't consider her and whomever believes her as family anymore.This cousin is on my moms side of the family btw. so now the side of my family that never liked my dad now has a reason to. FUCKIN LIAR!. My dad never laid a finger on anyone!

9. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

So, I have a bit of a situation. I guess, it's not really a problem, but I am in need of some advice.

I've had a lot of time to think, and I feel confident in saying that there truly is no issue with Rachel. I feel that the only thing I need to do right now is reach a point of closure with her, in order to avoid these outbursts I have after I see her. And perhaps seeing her more in general will help that. So, that's not really an issue anymore.

However, there is another girl that I've had my eye on for a little while. I suppose it has come more to my attention now that my mind has been relatively cleared of Rachel.

Her name is Andrea. She's a junior, but she's only 2 months younger than me so the age difference doesn't really serve as a factor. She's in my AP Chemistry and AP Spanish classes. She's funny and she's smart, and she and I get along pretty well. So, I've been considering asking her out. I'm just not sure if I should though, partly because I fear she's not interested in me.

I guess, I don't really know what else to say, but I'm asking if I should. Also, it sounds weird, but, is there any way off perhaps trying to determine if she may be interested?

Thanks.

10. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I'm really happy you're feeling better about Rachel. :) I've let go of Josh finally, too. It's a...relieving feeling.

As for Andrea, take it slow, chat with her in classes maybe see if she has facebook or something and send her a comment here and there so she thinks about you at and away from school. I know it's hard to chat during class, but maybe catch up with her in the hallway and have casual conversation. I think this is a little way to know if she's interested. When you're trying to get her attention, just kinda try to read her emotions, see if her expression is inviting and whatnot. But yeah, I think you should wait until you've established a pretty good friendship before asking her out. If you don't know her so well right now and you ask her out, she might be like "what is this kid doing?" I hope this helps!

11. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Ok so I was playing blackjack at a separate table from my dad. Long story short, I ended up losing and I went over to the table where my dad was playing at and blew off some steam. This woman who was playing at the table with my dad started laughing as I was telling him that I got my ass kicked. I then turned to her and said "It's really not funny" in a bitchy tone. Then I got up and left and my dad soon followed.

At the time I was really pissed at her for laughing. She should not have done that in the first place. I would never do that to someone if they lost money. That's just...insane. But I sort of have a guilty conscience because I don't like to be rude. I am hardly rude to people in general in public, but once in a while I slip up. So I am kinda beating myself up over being bitchy to her when I should have just bit my tongue and walked away. Even though she is in the wrong for laughing at my loss, should I apologize for being a bitch? lol. I don't see this woman a lot but I do see her from time to time and I will run into her again at some point. So I am wondering if I should apologize the next time I see her or just let it go and move on because she deserved it?

Side note: @Louis: Follow Arlene's advice. Who knows, something may happen! You can never go wrong with a girl named Andrea! :lol: :p

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I guess you should say "I would like to apologize if I came off a little angry towards you the other day when you made that comment about me losing. I just was upset to have lost so much money, and the comment rubbed me the wrong way. I apologize if you were offended in any way by the tone of my reply." That way you're telling her that she really bothered you, but burying the hatchet at the same time.

13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I would play her in Blackjack.
    Beat her at Blackjack.
    Take her money, wave it in her face, and do a little dance.
    Get drunk.

Really though, I wouldn't apologize. That's like her spitting in your face and then you saying, "Oops, sorry!.".

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  14. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Andrea: I agree with Mike. Eff her! She shouldn't have been a bitch for no reason. I mean, apologizing would be nice I suppose, but pfft, you didn't do anything wrong, and she should have known that laughing at you would upset you. And if she holds a grudge against you when you see her next, she can go suck it.

15. Jesse

Andrea, fuck it. Do not apologize. In fact she should apologize to you, she not only laughed at you but in front of your dad to boot. There is no respect there. Neither to you nor to you dad. Personally if someone I didn't know that well laughed at me because I loss money I'd just walk away and try not to wish bad things happen. And then I'd forget about it. :lol: But what I'm saying is don't beat yourself up because of the stupid, disrespectful thing that she did.

16. aki*lp

I've been crying for two days and I really should stop :(

17. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

whats the matter cutiepie?

louis: Just talk to her :) You'll get that feeling of "hmm maybe"

Andrea: Pfft. It's just a game and even if there is money involved, what good is that when it's not fun? Chin up. Don't be a suck up though. Tell her that it got you upset, but not in a asserting or conceeding way. just as an annoyed tone. Get what I mean?

18. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Andrea: I go for what Derek said. You're being apologetic at the same time you are letting her know that she did offend you and maybe she would say 'sorry' too. Don't let your pride eat you and it's nice to be good always. ;) But it's still your decision.

Aisha: *hugs*

19. aki*lp

I have no one. The only people I can potentially talk to don't even live in the same time zone as me. I have no one.

20. Jesse

I share your pain in this. :hug: