The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm not sure what to do.

I've been pretty much broke the 9 months or so and I think it's beginning to take a toll on my relationship with my girlfriend. We've been together for almost 13 months now, which is great, but she's always saying she's bored. We can't really go out because we both don't have much money, and most of her friends have moved away to college, and she doesn't have her license so she can't go hangout with them (not that it's a bad thing, they don't even really attempt to talk to her anyway).

It just saddens me that she's so bummed out and always bored. When I can, we do things, but usually my daily life consumes of computer, PS3, some TV, and now most recently the gym. She likes playing video games, but only old classics from like 1990, while I play the latest, like Modern Warfare 2, so she doesn't really care for it.

I just had a really good interview for Nestle Purina last week. It was 2-hours long, a whole half hour longer than what it was supposed to be, and they were generally happy. Now I'm just waiting for them to call me back. It's great money, they start you out at $16/hr and pay weekly and have loads of overtime, so maybe if I get this job things won't be so damn boring around here and we can actually go out and do things.

2. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Don't let your brokeness depress you. In fact, let it motivate you. Your sorrows? You gotta give it all and keep doing your best man. :) While it does sadden you to see your girl so bummed, but know in your mind that if she really does see you put a huge effort in getting somewhere, then she in her heart will know that you will put in the effort to stay and provide. Which is nice, if you think about it. :D

Note: It's only when you give up, that you will fail. It's when you give up, that you should worry deeply.

3. Sonic

You have no idea how many times I've wanted to give up. I'm not trying to sound like a baby, but when fail after fail keeps happening it's hard to keep going. I feel like I get screwed out of everything I do.

4. Theazninvasion68

Tough it out man.

It is tough but don't fret. Every "no" is another opportunity elsewhere.

:) You do just fine, i hope you did well on the interview and get that job!

5. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Mike: I'm sure she understands. Me and Josh had the same problem. He was working constantly but he was in debt and he just couldn't catch up and I had no money either. We rarely went out and did things- we usually just hung out at my house together. I know for me, just being with him was always enough. Once in a while I felt like going out to dinner which we could manage but I knew how hard he worked and tried so I didn't let myself get to the point where I was bored with things because that wouldn't be fair of me

6. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Why am I punishing myself? I know seeing her gets under my skin. But yet I still do it. I go out of my way to see her. its not like its by chance. I make sure I do by being in spots I know she will be at. I'm hurting myself. But I keep doing it. idk :cry:

7. Sonic

I know this is the Advice Thread and not GSYWTLO anymore, but damnit, my friend is in critical condition and his dad has passed due to same idiot kid going way too fast. All he was doing was taking his son to school, and now this crap. They had just turned their lives around, and this bullshit happens, all because of some young punk kid with a big head thinking he's hot shit.

Fuck society. Life is cruel, don't trust it for a minute.

8. Arlene

I'm so sorry, Mike. I hope your friend can make it through. :hug: Text me if you need someone to talk to

9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is the type of venting we will still allow in this thread. Stuff that actually matters and is serious, so you're fine.

With that in mind, I hope your friend pulls through...that is horrible.

10. Sonic

So my friend is still in ICU. I've gotten a little bit more information since I first posted.

My friend (Mike, 16) was on his way to school Thursday morning, in which his dad was driving him to school, at around 7AM. They were headed south. The driver that hit them, who was being followed by his step brother, were going way too fast and missed the corner entirely, crossing the center lane and hitting Mike and his dead head on. Ironically, they lived only a handful of blocks away from one another.

Mike's dad died on impact, while the kid who hit them (19, by the way) was flown to a local hospital, where he died about 3 hours later. Mike broke his femur in half (not sure which leg), and had partially relocated his aorta away from his heart. Despite this, he maintained consciousness throughout most of the events, somehow crawled out of his car (in which the engine was completely gone and the roof was even crinkled a bit), walked around to the other side and tried to help his dad.

From what I know, Mike isn't aware his dad has passed yet, but that was yesterday. He needed to go into emergency surgery to repair his leg and his aorta, because by the time he reached the hospital, he was bleeding internally, so they were forced to put him in a medically induced coma, which he has since recovered from and has been upgraded from critical to stable condition.

This hit a lot of people around here hard. As some of you know, I backyard wrestle in many different states and Mike also traveled with our group, as did his dad. His dad supported everything his son did, and went to almost all of his wrestling shows and hungout with all of the kids that were there, so a lot of people knew him and his dad well. They had a close bond, and had just turned their lives around for the better.

I just can't believe that something like this happened this way. Life is a sick, cruel joke and can't be trusted anymore.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  11. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

that's so horrible... my deepest condolences to everyone involved. what a tragedy!
    i really hope mike gets through this alive!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As Trumtram said above, my deepest condolences go out to you and his family. My prayers are with Mike to not only make it through this ordeal physically, but emotionally as well. He's in my thoughts.

13. Arlene

Mike, I'm so so sorry to hear this. That's awful. I hope Mike pulls through, as Derek said, both mentally and physically. This is so sad. :hug: Please contact me if you need someone

14. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Anyone got any miracle cures for migraines?

15. Arlene

Harlz: I usually take a few ibuprofen (which rarely really work) and fall asleep with a hot press over my eyes and on the back of my neck. If you get headaches from tension in your neck, try folding a hand towel in half, half, and thirds, and lying down flat on the floor with it behind your neck. And heat on the eyes helps me, too. (I've gotten bad headaches for as long as I can remember...they're no fun :() Feel better!

16. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

See my problem isn't the kind of migraine that happens a couple of times a week and screws you over for 4 hours.
    I get what they call cluster migraines, I've literally had a dull ache for years, and a couple of times a day it'll flare up and I'll get the blurry vision and a worse headache for a couple of hours.

But thank you for the advice/responding. The hot press thing sounds good :)

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Panadol Forte.
    But you need a prescription for that so go to your doctor, explain your migraine situation and get a prescription. That and PLENTY of fluids.

18. Theazninvasion68

11:54. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, man. It's good to know that someone is okay. It's gonna be okay, I'm sure your friend's dad is being taken care of elsewhere man. You know what I mean.

RIP.

I do hope things turn out okay though.

19. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arteriovenous_malformation

My mom has migraine for over 26 years and dedided to go a doctor with her problem. She went to the hospital and a scan was made of her brain. An AVM was discovered which caused the migraine.

Just saying :lol:

20. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Does anyone know how to induce labour, other than having sex?