Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Everton still doesnt have the same shine Liverpool has though. Which is the point they were trying to make I reckon but Everton has definately been doing better in recent years compared to Liverpool

2. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I suppose you may be right :(

Give it a few years though, Benitez is slowly ruining his own team :lol:

3. Evan™

I can't understand how he hasn't already been sacked though, he clearly doesnt know what hes doing. Doesnt this remind you of Houllier's last season in charge?

On a sidenote: Even though Ken Bates is the chairman of Leeds, he's still an incredible douchebag.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Liverpool didn't deserve to beat Villa.

5. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

this.

6. Evan™

yeah liverpool are really riding their luck at the moment. I hope they finish in 8th place.

7. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Hey Luke, what are the chances of Arsenal closing in on Chelsea? They can get to one point right?

8. Luke

Well we just beat Portsmouth to get within 4 points of Chelsea so if we win our game in hand against Bolton we'll be within one point yes. I don't think we'll win the title this year because I think Chelsea will buy strong in January and will just see through their title victory but I think we're certainly going to have a big say in the race overall.

It would be absolutely fantastic if we could win the title though. If we are in a title winning posistion at the last game of the season I reckon injured or not, Wenger should throw on Van Persie just so he'd get the 12 appearences necessary to get a premier league medal. If anyone has deserved one in the past few years for being so increadibly patient it's him.

9. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Thing is, Chelsea are gonna be without Drogba for a while in the next month and I think they'll suffer 'cause of it. It may be possible for a catch up.

@ EVAN: Liverpool won't sack him because they'll have to pay him £15 million to him in compensation if they do.

10. Luke

Yeah but they have Anelka as backup and look like they're gonna sign Aguero. We lose Alex song who is our only proper defensive midfielder and he's been absolutely vital to us this season.

Then again they'll lose more players overall (Drogba, Kalou, Essien, Mikel) whereas we only lose two (Song, Eboue). I just hope we're not too affected by their departures.

EDIT: In what I think is brilliant news, Andre-Pierre Gignac is strongly rumoured to be on his way to us in January after Tolouse bid 10m for a striker playing for Dinamo Zagreb to fill the gap of losing Gignac. I like what I've seen of Gignac so far...Gitsnik, how do you rate him?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  11. Evan™

thats a terrible management plan on part of the chairmen. but then again Leeds have been guilty of the same before, I hope liverpool get punished as badly as Leeds teehee

12. Gitsnik

Well he played a great season last year (24 goals in 18 games) and even though his figures are not as good this year, he's still dangerous (40 shots at goal).
    So he is less effective but the tactic of Toulouse is to keep a nine-men block behind and make long passes for Gignac. And the few players which did attack with him left this year so he's on his own.

To conclude, he's not my favourite player but he deserves a better team which gives him real assists.

I read in a article that Wenger was ready to pay 13m but that the chairman of Toulouse didn't find it enough. But he does say Gignac could leave this winter.

13. Evan™

Gignac is just lucky other people don't score goals for Toulouse but then again thats the point isn't it?

14. Evan™

I can't believe we did it! And we could've been two or three up to boot! I am so happy right now, first huge win since our unfair cop out to Liverpool in the Carling Cup. omg, I am so happy right now I am close to tears hahaha

15. Gitsnik

Well it's not luck it's just there is no one else.

Congrats :)

16. Luke

We were fucking awful for 70 minutes of the match today but the last 20 we were exceptional, great win.

United lost to Leeds. :D

17. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

didnt see that on the cards..

and yeh you guys definitely stepped it up a level or two to snatch the win!

18. Evan™

yeah we definetly worked our socks for that one. it was well worth it. too bad now i actually believe we may be able to win the cup...but of course thats raelly wishful thinking

19. Luke

We're already out of the cup with our 4th round draw. There's no way we'll be able to beat Stoke in between campaigning for the premier league and champions league.

20. Evan™

I'm not sure how Leeds will compete against the other Championship sides though, judging by most of their displays over the weekend they definetly have more game than Liverpool or Manchester United. Manchester City i'm afraid off though.