Mike Responds To Fans Questions About The New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

and it needs to be at least 17 minutes long.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And, then, three times as long when they do it live. :lol:

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

And it must have extended solo sections. And the album must have some strange concept that doesn't actually make sense to anyone other than the band members.

arnoLP

arnoLP Member

I hope that the new album will be more like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Each argue that I read can`t make me think that HT and Meteora represent the true LP band.

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

also Mike and Chaz should sing/rap in elven!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So you'd like for them to return to a genre/sound that has been dead for several years? Erm, no thanks.

The reason LP didn't recreate Hybrid Theory for the third time is because not only was that particular sound already very overdone, but it was also easy for other bands to imitate them/people to make fun of their predictability (see "Linkin Park Parody" on YouTube).

Like it or not, Linkin Park will never make another Hybrid Theory and I'm glad for that. I loved that album, and I don't mind having a lot of rap on the next LP album...but it needs to be done in a new way that is fresh and not just a lazy throwback to their earlier sound. That sound is stale, and there are still ways to incorporate rap and rock without it being a nu-metal album.

Like Mike once said, "that's so 2004". It's going to be a new decade soon, and with a new decade...should come a new sound.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Apparently you haven't heard the Leave Out All The Rest demo yet

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

Agree for both :)

sukoru

to tell you the truth guys,i cant stand another MTM album..that alternative sound doesnt represent LP at all.there are so many bands out there that can create an alternative record so much better than LP(see Muse)..my only hope is that we ll get an album based on the experimental sound of Reanimation..they need to create again this fusion of different styles with a new way and paralyze us again like they did when we heard HT for the first time.

Derek

This is the first post about "sounding like an older record" that I will agree with. The most disappointing facet of Minutes To Midnight was that it sounded like a record that just about any other artist on the planet could create. There was nothing really original about it (sorry Linkin Park :/) and it seemed like a band in the midst of an identity crisis, who really didn't know who they were.

The reason Reanimation was a great album is that even though admittedly not all the music was made by the band themselves (since it was of course..a remix album); creatively and musically it was one of the best LP records to date. If LP could throw their pre-conceptions about how they should sound out the window, and just make an album that pushes them experimentally and as a band it would really show people that LP are better than their critics sometimes give them credit for.

sukoru

I agree with you Derek. LP are capable of creating a beast of an album as long as they are free from labels people put on them and stuff. MTM was an attempt to try and prove to the label and fans that they survived even though numetal was dead, so they decided that it was better for them to move into an alternative sound and still have success. LP are on the way to becoming legends but with MTM they seemed like bad U2 wannabes. Anyway I still believe in them and I hope that this record will showcase to the critics, labels and fans the true talent the boys have...and im sure you all know they DO have great talent when it comes to music.

Linkin_way

Exactly! that's what LP should hear. Alot of my friends that even don't listen to Rock music and LP when i told them back in 2007 how i was little bit disappointed about M2M they was like" owww relax every band & artist in the world does that thing ... changing their style in music to feel the new style and then they go back to their origins again". but clearly LP doesn't wanna go back ... they just want to discover something even newer.

Thank you Darek. You are right there was nothing so special & unique about it.

Derek

By the way, it's Derek :lol:.

I have a pet peeve with people misspelling my name lol.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I'm very excited to hear the new album from them. I know that whatever they do, I'm still gonna love it, haha. But it's going to be awesome to hear the new sound that they're coming out with. :)

Linkin_way

maaan i never typed ur name in the right form, dunno why lol

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

The next album doesn't need to be prog just that it needs MORE of everything. It needs more raps. Needs more hard driving guitar riffs. Needs alot more Mr. Hahn and electronic elements. Needs more beats that you find yourself hearing in your head hours later. Needs more songs at a higher tempo than the last album. Needs more song structures than V-C-V-C-B-C. Needs more songs that don't sound like they were written around Chester's vocals (hopefully out of ashes took care of that tendency for Chester). Needs more lyrics that don't sound like a whiny teenager wrote them.

If that ends up sounding in a somewhat progressive direction, that'd be awesome.

Derek

Quoted for ultimate truth.

I love you LP but the above quote hit the hammer on the head.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I hope it's more like Mikes remixes cost, dammit he's good at that shit.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I am confident that, if nothing else, they're past the point where they'll make an album that's as similar to the previous one as Meteora was to HT. I don't mind much what they do as long as they don't do that and as long as I can enjoy it for whatever it is.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yup, though the thing is there where starting to do that again on MTM (Vday, TLTGYA etc.) so hopefully the'll follow suit. and like you said about Reanimation, it was probably their most creative effort.

I listened to Rem recently and I seriously forgot how damn good it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.