Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, May 10, 2009.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

QFT

and bring back the battle tower, that was like the closest thing you could get to PVP back then (crystal version to be exact)

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

Definetely gonna buy it :D

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

Pokemon Platinum hasn't held my attention which is disappointing so I'm a little apprehensive about buying a new Pokemon game. I realize that it's probably because I'm not 13 years old anymore but it still sucks! :p

The_4GT10_fACE

Hmm you are right, since I am older, I play it less... What is happening to me, am I getting mature or something, nah it is just me :p Anyways, Kanto is coming back and is being remade :p

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

Funny how that works, huh? :p

The_4GT10_fACE

Indeed, but I am still excited about this game, it has many features :D Hmm, now thinking about it.. I haven;t played out Platinum, since Work and Car driving lessons were in the way XD

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I still play pokemon, as my signature would suggest. Fire Red to be specific. I will definitely be getting these new ones when they come out.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I love my Pokemon. I play Platinum right now, I'll definitely be getting this.

The_4GT10_fACE

I played Platinum today, all day :D Hmm, anyone checked the updates of this game yet?

Minus

i was given an emerald version today at work. shweet.

The_4GT10_fACE

That was cool, huh?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Pokémon International Company and Nintendo of America have announced Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver to audiences outside of Japan. The games, which will be available for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, and Nintendo DSi, have been set for a springtime release. No further information is available.

– Each of the 493 species of Pokémon are capable of following the player, similar to how the player's Pikachu followed him in Pokémon Yellow.

– The player's bag is now controlled by the touch screen.

– Kyogre (HeartGold) and Groudon (SoulSilver) will become available after the player character has defeated the Elite Four. Once both Pokémon are on one game cartridge, Rayquaza may be battled and obtained.

– Cynthia, Sinnoh's Champion, appears in the games in a new section of the Ruins of Alpha (where Unown may be obtained) known as the Shinto Ruins. Using an event Arceus (obtained during the premiere of the twelfth movie), the player character will be able to obtain an egg of either Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina, at level one.

– Similarly to event Shaymin's and event Regigigas's effects on Pokémon Platinum (in which Shaymin allowed the use of the Gracidea flower and Regigigas allowed the legendary golems to be obtained), the Pikachu-colored Pichu (alternately-colored Pichu) given to those who preordered tickets to the twelfth movie will unlock an event near the Ilex Forest Shrine feature the Notched-ear Pichu.

– Eusine, a major character who appeared in Pokémon Crystal, will be featured in the games, with his storyline expanded.

– Replacing contests will be the Pokéthlon, a series of ten mini-games that pit Pokémon against one another in atheltic competitions.

– A new area to the west of Cianwood City has been revealed to be a brand-new Safari Zone. It is unclear how this affects Kanto's Safari Zone.

– And speaking of which, the ability to travel to Kanto has been retained from the original games.

– Similarly to Pokéblocks and Poffins, apricorns can be blended into drinks that will increase a Pokémon's Pokéthlon stats.

– Both berries and apricorns will be available. Apricorns may be turned into special Poké Balls by Kurt in Azalea Town.

– Apricorns will be carried in their own case.

– A Poké Ball-shaped pedometer called the PokéWalker will be included with the games, and will allow interactivity between the device and the games. The PokéWalker can hold a Pokémon and allow its experience and happiness to increase as the wearer walks.

– The Battle Tower near Olivine City returns, giving Johto its very own Battle Frontier. It is unknown how many Frontier Brains there will be.

– The PokéGear has been redesigned and, similarly to how the Pokétch had different colors for different genders (blue for males and pink for females), the PokéGear comes in two colors: blue and white for males, and pink and white for females.

I got all of this information from this link. I type all the stuff up myself, because I don't like copying and pasting.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

That sounds amazing. I wish I had a DS now.. haha.

The_4GT10_fACE

Anyone check the new trailers yet? Can't wait till it's out :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Ah man I can't wait for this. Having a squad with Groudon, Ho-Oh and Lugia is gonna be deadly...not to mention the other legendaries.

I wonder if the red Gyarados is back?

The_4GT10_fACE

It is back yes :D It is gonna be awesome :D Hmm, story is gonna be deeper, I hope. Maybe if it going extended with the story of Giovanni's son (The boy with the long red hair).

Minus

that's speculation, it's not true. he is only giovanni's son in the manga, which does not correlate with the games.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Giovanni's red-haired child is supposed to be mentioned in FireRed and LeafGreen, I think, so with that being the case the possibility is there.

The_4GT10_fACE

Yeah I was talking about, somewere in the end of FR & LG, after you beat that scientist, you return to that building and he says Oh wait, you are not Giovanni's son. Giovanni's son is long red-haired. Conclusion: That is Giovanni's son :p

Minus

Again, not saying it's false, but i won't believe it until it's ACTUALLY confirmed in-game.