Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, May 10, 2009.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

This fall, for the 10th anniversary of the release of Pokemon Gold and Silver, they will be rereleasing the games for the DS with updated graphics and some new features.

I'm pretty excited about this release, G&S were always my favorite of the games.

Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

so they will have modern pokemon in it? or just what they has in gold and silver?

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Not much is known now, but I'd assume it'd be like the Red and Blue (or Green) remakes, Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

my thoughts exactly, but Fire Red and Leaf Green were kind of dissapointing in the end, i think the PvP feature should include a ranking or record thingy, and PvP should be made more convinient to but thats probably the DS's fault sooo anyway

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They should be called Gold Heart and Silver Soul imo.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

figures they'd put it on ds... I refuse to pay for that system just to play pokemon. I play all the non ds pokemon games on my psp's
    emulator haha (I own them as well but gave my bro my gba).

Gold/Silver/Crystal were the only games I never played through so it's a shame but oh well.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Gold and Silver were by far my favourite pokemon games so I'm looking forward to this. :D

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Aren't all of the games just the same thing over and over? I'm not following the progression?

I remember I used to hate having to start with a really shitty Pokemon at the start of the game :lol:

Dean

Not completely the same, but hey, people are willing to go with it. Me included :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I played Red and Blue and that's about it. I did start to play gold on an Emulator when I didn't have a gameboy anymore.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Good point.

Chikorita owns!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Holy balls, it's been 10 years already?

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

My thoughts exactly

barnes80

Too me they have manage to push the whole gotta catch em all thing on me. Yes you can just pick up the game, choose a starter, level him to 100, and 1 shot all the fights, and that is boring. But when they add in the fact that there are 150 different people to try to get in the original, and now like 400... it adds so much playability to invest time in.

I think they really could do these games a lot better by remaking them all on the computer and adding in the ability to play online and trade between all the different generations: r/b/y/fr/lf + g/s/c/new ones + ruby/saph/emerald + diamond/pearl/other one

If they made it all cross compatible and took it off the mobile devices it'd be better, because in my opinion, if I can't connect all 4 generations of the game together correctly because they are on 2 different systems (gba + ds) its really not woth my time because then I can't get em all without cheating.

Plus if they made pokemon harder to find and catch, they could really create such a huge online game with it all.

I still love the originals but I think it's about time they move it all online or call it quits. They would regain such a huge audience if they put it online...
    But dreams can't always come true lol.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

omg the online idea is excellent, then there can be online PVP arenas and stuff and it would make the League so much easier then just picking up badges which are actually to be honest pretty fucking easy to acquire

Dean

They've done pretty much all of this in some form or another besides making it MMO.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
    barnes80

well i mean, yes you can trade from Fire red/ leaf green to ruby/saphire gen, and its easy because they are both on gba. But on DS versions you can only upload characters into the game to be recaptured, and you can't send the DS characters back to the old games. And I'm sure it will be the same with gold/silver.

What I want is the ability to send characters between all 4 generations normally.

I think with the online version it'd be sweet because you could just make it one game that has all the pokemon already. It would have all 4 separate worlds. They could make you have to unlock each world separately. They could add quests and make it a bit less repetitive. Better PVP sysytem. I'm not really aware of what kind of pvp system they have in the new game, but I think there should be a whole ranking system and everything.

Basically what I am looking for is for them to stop making new versions of the same game only with new characters and map, and invest there time into a fully drive MMORPG but keeping to the exact same environment and feel as the games. Rather then adding new games to the series, they could add an expansion pack with the new land and pokemon.

I think it'd be a huge hit.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

If they make a Pokémon MMO, they'd better release updates for it every time they make new Pokémans, because I'd be so turned off from that if they made you buy a new expansion pack, or a new game altogether every time they did that.

And I'm so getting these games. I'm waiting on them to remake Pokémon Red and Blue for the DS, though. I want to see the ones that I first played come back again.

Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't count as remakes, because the locations were funky.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I hope it's possible to go to Kanto in the remakes. That was one of the best aspects of Gold and Silver, not being confined to one area and a load of pointless islands.

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this game :D Hmm I hope that thestory of the son of Giovanni (The boy withthelong redhair) is getting biggerand see truly how he is :D