Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Andrea, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Proof that Green Day really doesn't like America =P They should come live in England instead!

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Or proof that their concert organisers don't have a fucking clue what they're doing. :lol:

3. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

The Bravery have been announced to support Green Day July 3rd - July 25th

Final list of US supporting acts:

The Bravery // July 3rd - July 25th
    The Kaiser Chiefs // July 27th - August 7th
    Franz Ferdinand // August 8th - August 26th

4. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Just heard Know Your Enemy for the first time.
    It's not bad. But it's hardly as catchy as most Green Day songs.

5. barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

Worst line up EVER.

Saw the Bravery at Project Rev last year and it was a complete snooze fest.
    Franz Ferdinand is just bad aside from a few songs... and they will be playing the new cd which was really really mediocre...
    Don't know much bout the Kaiser Chiefs but if they play some of the songs I think they do then I don't think they even fit in with Green Day... actually none of these really are "Green Day ish"

weird.

On a side note I listened to the new album through once and I didn't hate it but nothing really stood out either yet. Just the intro and one one guitar part that kinda sounds like smells like teen spirit are nice, but other then that nothing stopped me while cleaning my room to take a closer listen but I'll have to listen more.

I think it's great that they are still making new music though because they are totally a band that could go and just perform old material and still sell out shows, but they are still putting effort into music and its still better then a lot of stuff out there. Granted I won't be going to this tour because it will prbly be expensive and I will be dissapointed by not getting to hear every one of their old hits and the openers are a snooze fest, but I still realyl think it's great that they are making new music.

In other words, while my actions really suggest I don't want them to make new music and just play the old stuff, in reality I really do think it's great that they are....

wow I am really tired and can't make sentences right now haha.

6. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I haven't been a Green Day fan since Warning played in 8th grade, and this didn't change that. I found the lyrics unable to match the scale of what they wanted to do, coming off as trite, cheesy, and generic and I found nothing jumped out with the music itself. Just my take though, hopefully others here love it.

7. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've given the album one and a half listens so far...I haven't really found much that I don't like about it, other than how over-effected some of the vocal parts are (I think I even heard some auto-tune on one song, yikes). I haven't picked out any favorite tunes yet though, because at 18 tracks and almost 70 minutes, it's a lot to take in. I can already tell that it's a very well-produced record, Butch Vig did a great job.

8. Luke

Jesus...what's up with the indie support? :lol:

The Bravery are a good band but they're terrible live. At Projekt Revolution last year their lead singer sung awfully and they recieved little to no reaction. Even Innerpartysystem who weren't even announced to play til something like a month before the show, were reletively unknown at the time and didn't even appear on the lineup of any of the tour posters or tickets got a better reaction then them and they were on first as well.

9. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's American Idiot done better, with shades of Warning and Dookie/the albums previous to it.

I like it a lot.

10. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

In your opinion.

And srsly guys, who are greenday supposed to get as support? Some shitty pop punk band? I'm not in american though, and i wouldn't see them anyway so this doesn't bother me :p

11. Dean

They've already toured with most of the better recent pop-pop-punk bands (Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory, blink-182, etc) so it was either go back to them or try something different. It would suck terribly if they resorted to taking All Time Low on tour with them.

12. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

And all the more underground pop punk bands out there wouldn't be caught dead supporting Greenday...

13. Luke

They say that but I doubt they'd turn down the oppertunity if it came their way.

14. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This album is a lot better than American Idiot, and pretty much heads up anything they've ever done before IMO.

15. Dean

That's ok, if they want to spend their whole careers posing while living off their trust funds let them. :p

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  16. Christopher

As if, they all get to play The Fest and are famous on punknews.org.

17. Dean

I'd rather be famous on AP.net and have Chris Fallon making post after post about how I'm actually manufactured. Being on his radar is my goal.

18. Christopher

Lol, good luck.

19. barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

Well of course it is in my opinion. Pretty much everything anyone ever says is their opinion unless it's a fact... so theres no sense (in my opinion) of saying things are my opinion because it is just understood. Sorry, I just got kinda an angry vibe from you and I mean, I'm sorry if you love them and you don't like that I don't, but in all honesty, Idc if you like them. I won't tell someone that they are dumb if they like someone I hate, but all the same I will state that I don't like the band. Everyone has their on music preferences and I personally can't stand them.

But as to who would play with green day, granted some of these may feel they are too big to not headline, but I can see them:
    Against Me!
    Alkaline Trio
    As Cities Burn
    Bad Religion
    Bayside
    Billy Talent
    Dashboard Confessional
    Gorillaz
    The Kooks
    Mgmt
    Saliva
    These Green Eyes
    Tommy and the Wale
    We Were Promised Jet Packs

Not all of these are similar to greenday but they seem like they could fit. (IMO)

20. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

For what i bolded, i was mainly refering to how you said the album was mediocre. From how i read it, i gathered that you thought it was a fact that the album was shit. But yeah, whatever.

And from your list I can only really see Billy Talent supporting greenday.

I can't see Against Me! happening.
    Alkaline Trio are probably busy or would have their own headlining tour.
    As Cities Burn are too hardcore and not fun enough.
    Bad Religion doesn't seem right.
    I'm not all that familiar with Bayside's sound sorry.
    Dashboard Confessional I don't think would fit.
    Gorillaz no way.
    Having The Kooks there would be similar to Kaiser Chiefs/Franz Ferdinand would it not?
    MGMT no way.
    Saliva wouldn't fit at all.

And i'm not familiar with the last three.