New user title/color/banner idea.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Friskey™, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I really think the idea of new titles for 10K 20K and up are awesome

like Ultra Member, Veteran, Elderly...

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

"Should Probably Get A Life" for 1,000,000

:lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

same.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Do you know how many of us mindlessly post just to get the 3k for supermember? Imagine people trying to get 15k. >_<

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

lol, nowadays i'm one of the only regular poster that isn't a supermember. I need to post more!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

... :lol:

"I'll take 'Should Probably Get a Life' for one million, Alex."

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I think if there were more than just one cool colored and titled group, people wouldn't strive so hard to get them.

Like Supermember is a big goal because once you hit it, it's done. But if there were more and higher, harder ones to reach, then I think people wouldn't race to reach THEE title.

Well, I wouldn't and it seems logical, unless someone REALLY has no life.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hellyeah <3

KINKEH. :lol:

-----
    Back to the topic-
    I like this idea. By using "safer names" it shouldn't be a controversial idea. Like what Nick said.

Think about it.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Actually SuperMembers can earn a new color by becoming VIPs. And it takes a little more effort than postwhoring to get. ^_^

Will

I thought you could become a V.I.P. by donating to the site? Because that's why I'm one. :lol:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

...Thanks for spelling that out, Will? :lol:

Will

I wasn't sure if there was some super-secret method or something. :lol:

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

"Safer names"?! Wait, when the hell did this site get overrun by 2 year olds that we now need to make sure no one's offended?

It's just a stupid title, and the recipient obviously deserves it if the staff think so enough to give them the title. If anyone's whining, it's because they're simply too stuck-up because they know they don't deserve the title, so they just want to ruin it all for everyone. It shouldn't be any of their business, either. Honestly... =\

It works out on plenty of other sites, I don't know why it can't on this one. It's not like staff will be giving them out like hotcakes that it becomes "hey, why didn't I get one too?". That should deserve a warning for being so self-centered. Oo

And for the record, I'm not arguing this because I want the title [I've been gone for a while so I don't think I deserve it], but because it's plain logical and someone of the things being said (like "safer names") are ridiculous, and quite a few of the members on this site do deserve some kind of show of appreciation for making the forums (and/or site) what they are.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I get donating to get VIP status. Hell, I donate yearly on another board I go to. They have close to 30,000 members, and over 1 million posts to date. Anyway, the last time I checked, that topic said the site doesn't NEED donations, but if you'd like to, yadda yadda yadda. I work hard for my minimum wage, why would I donate when the site seemingly doesn't need the money? I mean, if there's no goal to achieve, and the costs of the board is under control, then.. I don't see the point I guess. That's kind of the whole reason I suggested this thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. I don't know, maybe it's all just semantics, y'know?

In any event, I agree with Tomi on the last little part.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

But you also don't have to give part of a 120.00 a month bill towards a website and have to pay more than 500 a month in other bills like I and some of the rest of the staff does.

Be happy LPA doesn't force you to pay to access the site, because you do not know how many times we've been suggested to do that.

We do need donations, and we need them bad. We just don't force you guys to give them because we don't want to be that. That is why we are not making vip status free, nor will we ever consider it. You want a special status? Pay for it. If you're not going to than quit your complaining because running this site is expensive. We will consider making a new title for members past 30k posts but that is about as far as were going.

Now enough is enough.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I second the last part Tomi said there.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Read the above post friskey.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well said Derek. =)

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Ok. Like I mentioned before, it was just an idea. All you had to do was shoot it down and we've would've moved on and you did. So there you go. End thread. Thanks for the support and such. :)

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Hmm, taking out the soft bullshit to make what you're saying polite, your post translates into:

"This site is expensive to run. We really need donations, and if you give us money, we'll honour you. Otherwise, if you're a member who wastes so much of their day into making it worth the money it takes to keep the site up, fuck you. The fact that this site is expensive to run concerns me far greater than the fact that people take time out of their days to contribute to it. But I'll make a pointless and worthless group just to shut you up."

You can pay $120/month all you want, hell, you can pay $500/month too, but the members really don't care how much it costs to run the site. Most of us are just here for the community, and we easily have other places to go.

But of course, we're all addicted sheep who'll happily agree with what you say, so fuck it. I don't even know why I bother. You're right, the site is expensive. "Supermember" definitely is special enough. Excuse me for supporting such a ridiculous idea. I should have been more considerate to how expensive this website is. End thread, it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.