Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Thank you. :hug:

and WHY? you're talking about school right?

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They're just so fucking slow. Apparently, I just have to wait for some simple confirmation letter before I can resubmit this application (for a third time) and then I'll be set. The trouble is they said this letter would arrive in less than a month -- they said that in December. -_-

3. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What a crap. I'm sorry. :( :hug:

4. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Thanks. <3 :hug:

5. Twizted

Twizted Guest

Marj and Cam.. <3 We've went through this a few times with other family pets passing on, but it just never gets any easier in the beginning. Especially since my Mom had gotten him when both of us were just a few weeks old, and we shared the same exact birthday. I don't know if it's actually good news, but now that he's gone and there is no more constantly thinking about what we can do to help him, I realize just how much he needed it, and I'm almost positive we did the right thing now.

And Marj, I remember some pictures you posted of him quite a while back, but I didn't know about your piggie.. It's a little late, but :hug:

Wow, Cam.. that is terrible what happened to your cat. :sad: But I gotta say, that picture made me definitely made me smile. I didn't expect such big eyes to be starting back at me. :lol: He's adorable.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just ended a marriage.

7. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Well damn me.

Weather or not this works, I fucking hope it does.

If not, it'll be the end of one of the best friendships i've ever had.

Ever

8. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm in a similar-ish position with one or two people. I think.

I'm going to put myself first now, though. If people want to suddenly decide they don't like me then fuck them. I finally seem to be getting over my depression and I'm not going to throw that away for their sake. I'm still going to do everything for my real friends, but them? Well, they have a pretty big job on to convince me they deserve that. No more trying to help them when not only do I get nothing out of it myself but it's actually to the detriment of my condition.

This might sound cold but I've realised that sometimes you should just do whatever is best for you... and failing that you should keep as much of a limit on the damage as possible. Don't be reluctant to leave people behind if they aren't doing you any good. Of course, before it gets to that I hope that whatever you plan to do does work and that everything comes up roses between you two.

9. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Ugh. Someone shove a pencil through my ears and damage my memory, please.

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

...why?

11. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Some of my actions in the past either embarrass or sicken me, or do both.

12. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Life depresses me, something needs to change.

13. devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

I nearly did something stupid for no better reason than i was curious, my mind had escaped me for a moment and i had the scissors in my hand, what an idiot...

14. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well I think I've decided that even if it seems Cold and that like I don't care that it's best for me to go my own way and not worry about it and to not feel any guilt over it. Now I just need a job so I can get an Apartment and live my life how I need to.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just don't get it. She seemed so willing to hang out with me, so interested in me and used to text me constantly. We met eachother and had (in my opinion) an utter blast and a good time together. I really opened myself up around her, and it seems like she did the same. We left eachother on a good note that night, I told her we should hang out again...she agreed we should, and then she drove away. She sends me a text saying "thank you for everything" and when I ask what "everything" is she goes "the company, hanging out with me today, being such a good guy".

She texts me the next morning to say good morning. I write her back, but ever since that day things are different. This girl doesn't seem so excited by me anymore. She has not made a big push to hang out with me again (it's been over a week surprisingly enough) and I wanna ask her what changed, but I don't want to come off as a weirdo.

It just doesn't make any sense. I only have known her for 2 1/2 weeks so I shouldn't have expected anything for it, or even allowed myself to become interested so fast...but I really had a feeling something good could come out of this.

Now I'm reminded why I shouldn't be so quick to hope for the best. This is a new record. 2 1/2 weeks for me to prove I'm an idiot and don't have any fucking clue on how to read a woman.

God.

16. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

@Derek:

It seems to me like you want things to work with this girl a little too much therefor you want things to move quickly. People need space though dude. If you've only known her for 2 1/2 weeks then just wanting and expecting something to come out of it isn't really wise because, regardless of how much you've been hanging out with her, you can't put all your eggs in one basket. If things don't work out then it just makes it that much dissapointing.

My advice is not to panic and just go with the flow of things. There's no harm on asking if she wants to hang out some time, she's only human and isn't gonna bite your head off lol. Just play it casually and don't stress about it and most importantly don't expect anything more than friendship until you're confident that she wants to take things further. You've got alot of time to get to know each other, after all it's only been 2 1/2 weeks and that's certainly not enough time to start worrying about things. :)

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, what Luke said is true. Plus, at least you didn't have to wait 2 and half years to find out she doesn't want to be with you, haha. You don't know that anyway. Just be yourself and take things casually.

18. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Don't be so hard on yourself Derek. You always are. Listen to what Luke and Joe said. It's pretty much the advice I would have given.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

All of you are right, and you all have good points. And I know I shouldn't be so desperate for something to work out so soon after I meet her, but it's just so weird to see her sudden attitude change you know? Going from very enthusiastic to sort of..blah, it's just weird you know?

And of course I'm hard on myself. I keep on getting disappointed with girls, and it's wreaked havoc on my self esteem. I pursued one girl for over a year and finally just recentely gave up on her. So I think, being scorned from that I've become more desperate and hungry for love as a result. It's clear I just gotta chill but I suppose I just haven't realized that yet.

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, seeing a person change attitudes can be slightly odd to deal with, if it's that noticeable bring it up casually in a text or whatever and ask her if she's okay as she seems different, but remember, don't ask the questions if you fear the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.