New user title/color/banner idea.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Friskey™, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Me and Casey were talking on MSN and he mentioned something about how you get the VIP status around here and an idea came up in our heads. We had an idea that a new user title and color should be made, for the "veterans" or "legends" of this site. People who have spent a ton of time on these forums and have not became a nusiance or a pain to anybody who has joined up over the years. People who when a newcomer to the LPA joins up, they know who to turn to when they want to ask a question, so the admins don't have to always deal with the pressure and all of the stupid stuff.

We know it's going to probably get shot down because we don't want to make anybody here less inadequate around here, but it never hurts to try.

So what do you say?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I think it's a good idea (mostly because I helped create it :p) but I know it'll get shot down. I understand getting the VIP status for donating/submitting news alot/etc., but quite frankly I'm not that dedicated to Linkin Park. I'm dedicated to these forums and a lot of the members here.

I've come up with a rough list of people you think of when you think of LPA. They aren't mods, admins or VIP. They're all supermembers or less. Friskey, Marj, Dedicated, Chris, Dean, Mali, Luke, Nate, Aisha, Rachel. I would include myself, but my legacy on this site is to be determined.

Yeah.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

So you mean all of the people that were here 3,4,5 years ago?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This won't work because for any person who receives a "legend" title, there are going to be people who don't like that specific person coming out to dispute our crowning of them as an LPA Legend. It's going to create more hassle than it's worth, and while I agree we should have a way of giving back to the huge contributors of this board and the long time members...this unfortunately is not the right way to go. It only serves to make other people feel less adequate, and boost the egos of those who have it.

Other staff members can disagree with me but this has bad news written all over it. Sorry but this is a no go.

Thank you for the suggestion however.

Friskey™

Wow, did me and Casey call that or what? :lol:

Understandable though.

Tom

The 'Legend' title would have never worked, but I thought the 'Veteran Poster' one might have stood a chance as it doesn't really inflate the ego, simply shows you've been here a long time. Being called a legend is quite different than being called a veteran.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Listen, the only title anyone needs here is an "Almost as Awesome as Louis" title, not some Legend title.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

:lol: Louis.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Since this is such an opinionated thing based on who people consider "legends," I don't see how it could work. I think the Supermember/VIP categories account for most of the people who would be considered for this anyway.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I... like the 'veteran' idea. Maybe it could be something members gain with time on the forums? Like, 3 years or so.

Tom

I think on a vB board you can create a member group and promote members to that group after a certain amount of days automatically so the 'Veteran' idea in theory could work.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I guess, but technically isn't that just what a Supermember is? I mean, if we based it on time instead of posts, everybody who doesn't post here or who has posted once back in 2003 would be a "veteran" and they wouldn't even be somebody who has contributed anything to the boards, haha.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

You can make it so after X posts and X days registered, but it still seems redundant. If you've been here long enough to be considered a veteran, chances are, you have enough posts to be a supermember, and likewise, if you've posted enough to be a supermember, you've been here long enough to be considered a veteran. There's just a lot of overlap and I don't think a separate group serves much of a purpose.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think the reasoning behind it would be that obtaining this "Veteran" status would require more work than becoming a "Supermember" because it doesn't take much to post 3,000 times in Word Association :lol: It would kind of be a reward rather than an ego stroking for the members that have been here for X-Amount of Years.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've thought there should be another group after SuperMember for a while now, but that's probably becase there are a lot of them around now. Maybe the Veteran idea is good for over like, 10,000 posts or something instead of a time period?

I also think that "LPA God" would be a better title than "LPA Legend" :lol:

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

That sounds fair enough.

Friskey™

See, now i'm fine with those ideas. Like, "Ultramember" or something. :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I think a new group for people with 10,000 posts or over (and possibilities for other milestones such as 20k, 30k etc.) would be cool but I'd suggest we let any decision go down to a vote, therefor everyone gets a say.

I like the idea though. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    Tom

Kinda good seeing people brainstorm ideas about possible changes. But like Luke said it would be good to have a vote so that everyone gets their say.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I like 'Goldmember' better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.