FOX orders more Simpsons

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Chris Tucker, Feb 26, 2009.

Chris Tucker

Chris Tucker Banned

Fox has announced that it will continue to suck from the proverbial teat currently residing at 742 Evergreen Terrace, as the network has ordered two additional seasons of ‘The Simpsons‘ - which will bring the longest-running series in primetime television history through its 22nd season.

The 44-episode pickup ensures the series will, at the very least, culminate with at least 493 total episodes. ‘The Simpsons’ debuted on January 14, 1990

Currently running is Fox’s “Best. 20 Years. Ever” - a year-long global celebration honoring all things ‘The Simpsons.’ Look for something very special on January 14, 2010, the 20th anniversary of the series’ debut.

As if you already didn’t know, ‘The Simpsons’ airs Sundays at 8:00 PM on FOX.

-Fancast

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Whether or not at what you think of the show's declining quality, this is still great news. I don't know why they just didn't get 3 seasons though to go over the 500 mark. You know they're going to.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It seems to be gradually getting better again from what I have seen of the more recent episodes, so this isn't such bad news. I'd still rather watch a bad Simpsons episode over an average Family Guy episode.

Friskey™

That's true.

I hate when people go "Man, the show sucks now." Is it as good as the "golden era"? For the love of god, FUCK NO! I'll be the first to admit that. But is it still as decent as some of the other shows out there? Hell yes. I would watch a bad Simpsons episode over some of the crap that we have here today.

The show is my baby if you will. This is the show I will forever known as the one I grew up with. Do people call me obsessive sometimes? Yes, but believe me, I've seen worse people out there.

[/end rant]

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger.

D'OH!

:lol: New Simpsons = Win.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I haven't watched in awhile (about a year or so), so I'm not sure how much it's actually improved, if at all. I do know, though, that when it's bad, it's incredibly fucking awful. Not in comparison either, all on it's own, it's just incredibly unpleasant to watch.

I don't know, it just seems like people acknowledge it's not nearly as good as it was and just dismiss it as "Yeah, but..ya know...it's The Simpsons...". It's been terrible almost as long as it was classic, how much longer is it going to get that pass?

Also fuck them for retconning everything with the 90's episode, even though the nostalgic feeling from understanding all the references was pretty sweet.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

i was just watching the clown college episode. Genius. Especially when those guys are on fire.

Friskey™

One of my favorite episodes. That music is so great.

Although my favorite part is when Homer tries to loop and his pants get caught in the chain and they slowly come down as he passes by Krusty.

Krusty: Uhh...burn that seat! :lol:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Family Guy has been pretty much unwatchable lately. I doubt that show will ever recapture the quality of the first three seasons.

Friskey™

Or Season 5 for that matter. Season 5 to me was the perfect blend of the old school and new school.

But you're right, Tim. The show has just become horrible.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

um.... ;)

no but I've never really been one to get into the simpsons. I mean if it's on and nothing else I want to see is on, I will watch it and probably even get a few laughs, but its never been something to bring me back and watch again the next night or watch a marathon or anything. If a new Lost or heroes, or a re run of that 70's show, Seinfeld, scrubs, or the office is NOT on, I'll watch the simpsons if they are. But only then :)

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

He was talking about Family Guy in that post.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

The Simpsons have become like other legendary shows: Good in their time, but please, stop making new ones, it's getting a bit much.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah. Family Guy was pretty reasonable up until a couple of seasons. Now it doesn't seem too far off where the Simpsons was at its worst. It's so smug that when it isn't funny it becomes very hard to watch.

Friskey™

Yeah. Not only that, but it feels like they only try to shock us more than try to make us laugh.

But as long as FOX keeps giving Seth McFarlane money, then he's going to keep doing stuff the way he does. And since I believe he's nothing more than a douchebag, he'll continue making stuff like this.

It's amazing that come sooner or later, we're going to have three shows done by him on the same network and night.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

King of the Hill was canceled to make room for the Goddamn Cleveland Show.

King of the mother fucking Hill is going away so there can be a third Family Guy.

That's just unfair. it really is...

grego

grego Well-Known Member

So so many great episodes. Fun for all ages.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Ahh The Simpsons hold two world records - for being the longest running cartoon series and for having the most celebrity special guests appear on a show.