The Next Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Feb 20, 2009.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

A possible image of the next generation Mac Mini was first posted to a MacRumors forum discussion thread. The image depicts what could be the next Mac mini.

[​IMG]

The original leaker also claimed the following specs:

- Intel Core 2 Duo
    - 2GHz
    - 3MB L2 cache
    - 2GB RAM DDR III, 1066MHz
    - Super Drive is SATA

The port configuration is consistent with previous rumors that the new Mac mini would bring improved specs. Specifically, the new Mini was described to have 5 USB ports, FireWire 800, and two Display ports (Mini DisplayPort and Mini DVI). All these can be found on the leaked photograph.

source

:mellow:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It might be. I dunno. I wouldn't buy it. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Why the hell would anyone buy that? If you're going for "portable," just buy a fucking laptop. No one's going to walk around with a tiny block and a monitor if they can just walk around with a laptop. I swear Apple makes some of the stupidest products ever, just to make themselves seem "space-age" when they're basically just wasting their own money. About the only good thing they've made is the iBook, in my opinion.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

It's not supposed to be portable, it's supposed to be a small, cheap computer. My parents have a mini and for their needs, which is browsing the web and e-mail, it's great. They don't need a big fancy expensive computer.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Screw laptops for portability (is that even a word? lol). Netbooks are the way to go for small and compact.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well if it's cheaper than 600$ . Around 450$ maybe then I'd say it'd be almost worth it. Apple are too damn expensive.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Um, what the hell? Netbooks are laptops.

grego

grego Well-Known Member

Mac Mini's are also useful as a media center. One of the reasons Apple TV never took off is because the Mac Minis do the same thing and more.

You pay for the OS basically.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Netbooks aren't useful enough to stick around. People are buying them now because they're a new concept but they won't last long. You're paying half the price of a laptop for a half sized, quarter powered useless sub-laptop.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I think netbooks serve 2 purposes. One, is for students who want something small they can throw in their backpack, and two, is for people who spend a lot of time on planes where there's not a lot of room to comfortably use a full sized laptop. But they're no good as your main computer or as a laptop if you only occasionally move about and travel.

grego

grego Well-Known Member

Most people don't need anything more than a Netbook. If all you need is something to view the web and type of word docs, then a netbook is a very solid solution for that.