LEAST FAVORITE SONG OF MTM

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SecondCityKids, Feb 20, 2008.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Least Favourite: In Between

I don't mind the song actually. But in my opinion, it's the least appealing on the album. The backing music to it just sounds so dull and Mike's singing is nothing compared to No Roads Left, which should have replaced this in the end. That would have really showcased his voice. But all in all, the lyrics make up for this and Mike sounds pretty decent.

Favourite: Bleed It Out, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, No More Sorrow & What I've Done

Those are my top 5 favourite tracks on the album. The rest of Minutes to Midnight is very solid and creative. Especially In Pieces and Shadow Of The Day, which I listen to a lot also.

LPlover15

LPlover15 Well-Known Member

you do have a point "in between" is more dull than it is in "no roads left". but i do like both of the songs. i like every song on that album! i dont know if its just me but i feel like im the only one that likes every song on the album.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

ya you sorta are lol..but its ok
    to me i dnt think the album was woth a 4 year wait
    and for sure isnt worth 0ver 100 song seeds

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Worst song off the album for me has to be Leave Out All the Rest, with In Between a close 2nd.

worst song? I don't really like many of the songs on mtm at all..the only two songs I really like are no more sorrow and given up..the others are just..meh..but some are worse than others of course..
    I think the worst songs on the album are: in between, shadow of the day, valentine's day, hands held high and bleed it out ^^

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

I don't 'hate' any song from MTM. But if you say like least, then I'd say Bleed it Out, Valentine's Day and In Between.

The best out of all the songs from MTM would be What I've Done ;D

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The reason why some people only like No More Sorrow and Given Up is because they sound closest to the songs from their first two records. Some people just can't get away from that style, which is dieing, and explore different types of music.

ya face

ya face Banned

no.people like no more sorrow and given up is because they are good songs.the thing that you said about people cant get away from that style,well...it is more like linkin park themselves have tested different styles of songs to the same style to see what the fans think.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I agree with you. It's the only song I really don't like on M2M.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Well in my opinion I love NMS & Given up NOT because they sound like old school LP, but because their aggressive, powerfull & of course "heavy" tracks. There arent really any other songs that bare a resemblence to either of them, NMS has strong political heavy metal influences, while Given up has a angsty punk theme about it. To be honest there too hardcore next to anything on HT & Met, and thats why we love em so :D

Radish

Radish Guest

You made a very good point there!
    I still think, though, that because of their heaviness; No More Sorrow and Given Up are the closest things to anything on any past albums by Linkin Park. I also think that the band is aware of this, hence why they play songs like No More Sorrow, One Step Closer and What I've Done for intro's at shows. I think that they do that because it's something that everyone can love, and it makes it that much greater for every fan, and more memorable.
    I think What I've Done is also much like their older style, but not instrumantally, rather more structurally. Just the way the song flows, it's a lot like any of their past songs. I think Mike may have mentioned that before.

Anyway, my least favourite songs off the album are In Between, Valentines Day and Leave Out All the Rest. Not because they aren't heavier or something, but I just don't like the lyrics or the music or really much about them. I don't hate Leave Out All The Rest though, I just think it could be better than it is.

Speed Freak

Speed Freak Well-Known Member

I agree...

My least favourites are Given up ,Bleed It out & Hands Held High....

Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

My least favorite song is Given Up and No More Sorrow. It sounds least like the new LP and the arrangement is just the same as the last two records. Musically, it's bland. But yeah, they're awesome to hear live. :) Definitely concert material.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

oh come on now man, are ya shittin me ?? those two are like the only songs from the album that's got somethin to do with "rock" .. well, of course it's yer opinion n i totally respect that, so .. :)

anywho, mine is Shadow Of The Day ..

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

In Between; it just isnt for me. :whistling

I dont hate it at all but its not appealing for my audible enjoyment.