Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I Know, I wasn't posting it as news I was posting it to make a point to thesungoesdown.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  3. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

ughhhh

i KNOW they were in the studio. Point is they aren't going to get much done in there with the time they have. This is the same band that has la-la-la's on a beat before lyrics are even recorded. I love LP but they're slow as hell when it comes to making music. If they put out an album as perfect as HT i wouldn;'t complain, but when you spend months and months on an album and "In between" gets put on the final product to be released to the ENTIRE world, you'd think you'd step your game up a bit more then that. Anyway as I was saying before, get some ideas down now (yes even in the studio, be a lil perceptive here...) , write on the road, hit up the studio this fall, finish the album beginning of 2009, mix and do what you have to do to complete album, put out single in march-april and release an album late spring.

4. LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

5. JoMe

JoMe Well-Known Member

Check out Mikes blog at mikeshinoda.com , it features a whole new design and a frontpage about his artshow.

Seems like his artshow is going to be a two-part show. Glorious Excess: Born and Glorious Excess: Dies. The first part "Born" is this July and "Dies" is in January 2009.

6. trunkswd

trunkswd Well-Known Member

Letter to LP fans from Mike about MTM other album cover ideas and final single.

http://linkinpark.com/m2m

It is not text so I just typed the whole thing out.

"To all the fans who have supported "Minutes To Midnight" since its release one year ago. My bandmates and I would like to give you a gift.

In designing the album packaging in 2007, the following alternate covers were created as part of the process. These were the steps in the road toward the black-on-white cover you know as the album cover.

Feel free to download them and place whichever ones you like as "album artwork" for MTM in your music player.

We're about to release the fifth and final single from the album this summer, and we want to thank you for being part of the Minutes to Midnight's success so far.

-M. Shinoda
    + Linkin Park"

7. Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

you obvousily dont write music urself.

EDIT: I forgot what i came in here for lol..anyone heard any updates or a release date for the Leave Out.. Video?

8. LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  9. gazzalp

gazzalp Active Member

Mike shinoda/SOB in new adam sandler movie

I just came back from watching the new movie "21" and saw the trailer for a new Adam Sandler Movie, "Zohan" In the trailer you can hear Styles of Beyond/Mike shinodas song "second to none." Im not sure if it will be on the soundtrack to the movie but its good exposure none the less. If you want to watch the trailer go here: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/youdontmesswiththezohan/index.html

It actually looks like a pretty funny movie (its a stupid comedy)

10. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Mike is producing SOB's new album (although that's probably old news).

He's also producing and doing vocals on Ill Bill's second album, The Hour Of Reprisal.

11. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah I posted the tracklisting for Styles new CD with the production credits but it hasnt been posted.

12. EndlessHysteriaX51

EndlessHysteriaX51 Member

MIKE SHINODA ART SHOW: GLORIOUS EXCESS (BORN)

Mike will be showing nine all-new pieces that blend his personal experiences in the spotlight with pop commentary and classical vanitas influences. Following a central character through various facets of celebrity life, the exhibition explores the motivations behind contemporary society's fascination with fame, excess and instant gratification: from the unique perspective of an outsider on the inside of rock superstardom.

If you're in Los Angeles, stop by the Japanese American National Museum on Friday, July 11 during 8-10pm for the Opening Reception & Autograph Signing! Special Glorious Excess programs will be available for purchase. Fans that purchase the program will have the chance to meet Mike at the special autograph signing and to get the program personally signed. Also, LP Underground members who purchase the program will have the chance at first-in-line passes. If you're in the LPU, check out www.lpunderground.com now for details on how to request first-in-line passes. If you're not already in the LPU, join now at www.lpunderground.com!

Mike's new DC remix shoe will also be available starting July 1. To see a sneak peek of the new DC remix shoe designed by Shinoda, check out his blog here. All proceeds from sales of his artwork and footwear go toward the Michael K. Shinoda Endowed Scholarship at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.

A second show entitled Glorious Excess (Dies), will be featured in the Japanese American National Museum’s Miyawaki and Watanabe Galleries January 24 through March 22, 2009. Look out for more info on Glorious Excess

13. themudd

themudd Member

Alicia Keys/Linkin Park Collaboration

During a phone-in press conference yesterday to discuss her As I Am tour, Alicia Keys talked about her favorite hair style, her love of Juicy sweatpants and her desire to collaborate with the White Stripes. “They’re very raw, very cut and dry. It’s like drums and guitar,” she said. “It’s that simple, and I love that.” Keys said ever since her duet with Keith Urban at last year’s Live Earth concert, she’s been exploring other team-ups, and also listed Queens of the Stone Age, Linkin Park and Coldplay as partners she’d like to work with. But Jack and Meg top her list. “I think that combining that style with mine, which already has a raw feel to it, and my voice, I just think we could do something really interesting that mixes rock and soul together, the blues and emotion, and it could be really touching,” Keys added. As for when the possible collaboration may take place, Keys said “We’ve had some conversations. When the time works out, and it definitely will, it will happen.”

Source: rollingstone.com

14. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Please spare me of the condescending one liners, especially if your a nobody.

My post was purely speculation on my part with a dose of optimism.

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

...he says to the Supermember.

16. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Bar the In Between comment, I :lol:'d at that guy.

Gotta have some respect, dude. *offtopic*

17. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I realize this might be pointless without a link, but MTV2 has been airing commercials saying that the "Leave Out All The Rest" video will premier on Monday June 2nd as part of their "Unleashed" segment. It should also be up on their site starting Monday, as well.

I've looked around for evidence to verify it, but no such luck. *shrugs*

18. Jesse

Yeah, I was going to post something but.. yeah no source so i can't..

19. heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Here's the evidence you guys are looking for. Linkin Parks myspace blog has updated.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=21591889&blogID=400996697

Friday, May 30, 2008

"Leave Out All The Rest" Video Premiere

Linkin Park's next single off Minutes to Midnight will be "Leave Out All The Rest." The band recently shot a video for the song, which was directed by Joe Hahn, and will premiere Monday, June 2! Be sure to check out all your favorite video channels on Monday to see the new video. It's out of this world!

and they show a pic.

20. Jesse

[​IMG] Thats a pretty awesome pic right there. I think this may be the best M2M video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.