Songs You'd Like LP To Cover

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Feb 4, 2008.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

brad's guitar for outkast's so fresh and so clean was the best

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Off the top of my head I know

My Own Summer- Deftones
    Fresh and Clean- Outcast
    Umbrella- Rhianna
    Wish- NIN
    Sweet Child O' Mine- GnR
    Jane Says- Jane's Addiction

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Just Like Heaven - The Cure

Pawan

Pawan Member

Totally agree with you but come on Synyster is like the best of todays guitarists. Brad pulled off an awsome solo in In Pieces but i really doubt he could push himself any further but who knows.

I'd like to see Chester going all out covering Funeral For A Friend's Out of Reach. Had everything but the heavy vocals which I think Chester could do really well.

Imagine if Brad could do the solo in Burn It Down and imagine Rob playing The Rev's awsome drumming.Probably not going to happen but I think its asking a bit too much.Vocals could be pulled off easily by Chester in fact I think Chaz could do even better.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I wouldn't say best, but he's damn good. I'd have to say though, Brad is closer to pulling off Syn's work than Rob is to The Rev's. :lol:

As for Chester, I think he'd actually be able to do an awesome job of covering Matt. Maybe a cover of some of A7X's older stuff, without the solos?

Wilderness

Wilderness Well-Known Member

Well in some shots in the Almost Easy video, Shadows looks like Chester, which then for some reason made me think what Chester would be like singing it...

Pawan

Pawan Member

Yeah, I guess so but I do think that Syn is the best of TODAY but not of all time.
    As for the cover without solos, I think A7X is pretty much made up of musicianship though the vocals are nowhere near as good as the guitars,drums and bass of A7X(no offence to Shadow lovers).The Rev has pretty good vocals as well(listen to Lost,Critical Acclaim chorus,Brompton Cocktail).

OFF TOPIC: Have you heard that Shadows pretty much killed his principal?Read wikipedia.LOL

Daniel

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree, even on the "of today" comment :lol:

But, sorry I guess my post wasn't as clear as it could've been. I didn't mean do the covers and leave out the solo, I meant cover some of A7X's older songs that actually don't have solos to begin with. Or at least ones with easier solos, like Chapter Four.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Syn isn't that great. He's like a slightly less original version of Slash. I see huge similarities between all of A7X and GNR though.
    Though the solo in Seize The Day is fucking amazing of course.

Daniel

I'll agree with you, Syn's good, but not that great.

One thing though, I can't quite see the Syn-Slash comparison. Bar the fedora and the obvious GnR reference in the Seize the Day video, I personally can see bugger all similarities between Synyster and Slash's playing styles. Since when have Syn's solos featured blues-style playing like Slash's?

That might have come off slightly confrontational, but it wasn't meant to be. It's just I don't often get the chance to have a friendly debate on here. :lol:

Harlz

I guess a lot of it is in my head because of similarities such as the hat, the actuall movements they make while playing ie their stance when soloing, the fact that A7X have said that GNR are a huge influence on them (and that they basically want to be like them... lol), as well as the Seize The Day/November Rain video's which seem somewhat similar (and are two of the best videos ever in my opinion)

I dunno much about musical styles myself, so I guess I can't have the debate with you, but they've just always seemed really similar somehow. Seize The Day reeks of GNR, and it's my favourite A7X song, so maybe that's why I'm so sure theres this link.

EDIT: Anyway, if we really want to compare Brad to a guitarist there's no way in hell he can ever cover, can't we just stick with John Petrucci?

Daniel

True. I guess the psychological part does play a fair bit of a role. :lol: but I think we may have dragged this off topic quite enough.

On topic, as previously mentioned I'd really like to see LP cover Chapter Four. It's more "playable" than some of their other songs, plus I think Chester could pull off Matt's older vocal style quite well.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Synster is pretty good but he's no match for shredders like Paul Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen.

I think someone should make a thread for shreders.

Daniel

Didn't do that, but I started a similar one.

Wilderness

I have a question. Why wouldn't Brad be able to pull it off? Just because we've never seen him do it, doesn't mean he can't do it. You see all these guitar-cover kids on YouTube pulling everything nearly perfectly, who's to say Brad can't do it? Afterall, these kids can. :)

Daniel

Because there are videos of Brad fucking up the solo to Sweet Child O' Mine?

Wilderness

Which was how many years ago?

Daniel

A couple, I frankly can't be bothered going to get the video. I'm sorry, but until I actually see Brad play something decent (and no, not In Pieces), I don't really consider him 'up there' with today's guitarists.

I'd be more than happy for him to rip into a shredding solo and prove me wrong, but until then, no. :)

Wilderness

Haha I'm sure it was 2001, maybe 2002?

Brad definately isn't in the same league with today's guitarists, by far, and the In Pieces solo really isn't that hard, but I'm sure he *could* cover some A7X, heck, even I can play Afterlife and Almost Easy, and I can't even play some LP songs.

Harlz

When did Brad ever play the SCOM Solos? I know hes done the intro/verse, but they always stop playing after that.