Have fun with your boring forum.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Cale., Mar 24, 2008.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I cannot belive there's an argument over Random Chat :lol:.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I just really am curious to know why when Casey's thread (no offense to him) wasn't closed, the Hayley Williams one was. It wasn't, like I said, vulgar (yet), and it wasn't spam, to my knowledge. Well, unless it belonged in Other Music. Then it was spam. But yeah, I don't get the arguement over Random Chat. It's random. It's how it's supposed to be. If you have a question about it, ask, but don't argue.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahaha, I really don't understand what all the uproar is about. I didn't close the thread or even know it existed until I saw this, but come on! It was a thread about a bunch of people wanting to fuck someone from a band?! Hardly respectful or in good taste is it?

If anyone is actually that bothered, go to the official Paramore boards and talk about it there, whilst you're at it, see how long your thread lasts. ;)

What is anyone trying to prove by saying we're boring, or don't let threads run? That pointless thread managed to last to about 40 posts, haha, where else could it have gone? I doubt any more fulfilling content could have come from it, I think the primary message that a bunch of guys wanted to have sex with a female vocalist from a band was well put across. We got it.

Seriously, anyone who thinks that thread in particular deserved to stay open, just stand back, take a good look, think about it and just ask yourself what is the point? Why? Haha, it's Random Chat, who cares?

I really don't want to come across patronizing, but come on!? We're all people here, why can't we all get along, nobody is out to get anyone or prove they're better than anyone else, I just don't get why so many people push for things that really don't seem all that important.

Iain

Keep in mind that I am against that... :D

Joe

Good stuff. Me too. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, a bit of banter between friends about who we'd like to "rail" and who we wouldn't isn't something out of the ordinary, there's just a right place and a wrong place, and unfortunately for the people who like to discuss that at every discussion outlet possible, this isn't going to be one. :)

We all like a laugh, so painting us as boring is hardly fair. We just proud ourselves and the boards on threads that don't cross over into something crude or unnecessary. Random Thoughts can be for your off the cuff sexual remarks if you so need to, just don't break the keep it clean rule, haha.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't even see what was wrong with the picture duelling thread. To my recollection there was one picture that even came close to breaking the keep it clean rule... frankly, if you want to enforce that rule so badly you might as well not have RT threads anymore because some of the stuff that gets posted there is at least as suggestive as a picture of a man in lingerie with an inflatable toy, which was intended for comedic purposes may I add.

I just didn't realise that it was for that reason before.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
    Iain

But I do have to say that was a really disturbing picture. :lol:

Dean

I don't really mind my thread being closed, just to clarify. I just don't see how the pictures posted therein were that bad. But I respect the staff's decision and I had a gut feeling it may be closed anyway.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Half of you are all missing the point. Which Will outlined to perfection here. It's nothing to do with Hayley Williams at all.

Iain

I got that. I'm just adding to it saying that the one thread that was locked was a perfect example of whathe was talking about, in addition to what he mentioned.

Joe

Nobody ever said that's why it was closed. If you're refering to what I said, I was generalizing. I wasn't saying that's why the "having sex with the lead singer of Paramore" thread was closed.

As for the picture duelling thread, I have never even looked in that. I'm sure who ever closed it had good reason to.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The pic-dueling thread was closed to prevent even more disgusting pics from being posted. That made sense to me. But at the same time, a simple warning telling us not to post pics like that would've sufficed, instead of closing the thread down without even a note as to why.

Honestly, though, this isn't going to be resolved, because the staff aren't going to back down from their stance at all. I still don't see what the big deal is. They really haven't provided a solid, concrete reason as to why we can't have those threads, and we haven't really provided a solid, concrete reason as to why we should be allowed to make those threads, so it's just going to stalemate here soon.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I was the one who closed the picture thread. I felt it was justified based on some of the content in the thread itself. Yell at me if you wish.

Dean

I've already said I half expected it to be closed.

Will

No one's going to yell at you. You made a decision and followed through with it. No one's arguing with the staff doing their jobs. My only gripe is that there wasn't even a note as to why it was closed, or a warning telling us our toes were going to be severed off if we didn't stop posting gross pics. :lol:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

My fault. I do apologize. I was having a shit day and didn't feel like writing such a thing. No excuse, I know, so I'll take the blame for that.

Dean

Well, now I at least know what it was closed for so thanks. :)

Cale.

Cale. Banned

This isn't about who closed what thread, who made what thread or Hayley Williams

It's about the ability to make general discussion threads, no matter how many people care, how long they last, or how pointless one may deem them.

Within the rules of course.

Will

Yes: Within the rules. I don't see what the problem is so long as these threads are made within the rules.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It doesn't matter if we change our policies around here, because I guarantee you the minute we change something, there is going to be another thread complaining about the very thing we changed, and someone is going to get all frustrated and post an huge "goodbye" thread, naming off reasons why this forum "sucks" in the process and bringing some of their friends along with them.

Cale, why the hell do you post here? I have yet to see one post from you that is at all supportive of this forum and yet you keep coming back to say how much you think our boards suck, without ever contributing anything positive to the overall vibe of the boards.

I'm tired of having to defend us every few weeks because Cale, or somebody else happens to disagree with the way these boards are run.

Quite frankly these boards operated just fine for five years before certain people came in and started telling us everything we did wrong. It's getting a little tiring, and I wish people would realize that we spend over 110 dollars a month to make this site run with barely any downtime, and barely receive any donations for our hard work, and yet instead are continuously harassed or treated like we're idiots who don't know how to run a proper forum.

We could stop paying for this site at anytime. Most of us have lost interest in the band (not including myself) and could be doing more constructive things with our lives than moderating a forum all day, but we keep the LPA up for you guys because it's a highly visited forum community.

However, all we ask of you people is to stop criticizing us for the smallest and most insignificant things. I'm really getting tired of the frequent disrespect and inability to be thankful for what we have for you (most of you are, but it feels like others here are not) and I'm sick of sitting on the sidelines as my forum gets torn to bits by people who have no clue what it's like to moderate a forum of this size (Will being an exception) and prefer to tell us how to do our jobs.

I will say it now and I am fully prepared to take any backlash I get from this: It's a forum, and not a government. Everyone needs to stop taking this place so seriously and just enjoy it. People did that for five years, and we never had any issues like this. Now we have people who need to complain about everything.

Just stop.