Side Album: What could LP do?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LpHDFan, Mar 20, 2008.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think an Unplugged album would be awesome. I love Mike's softer verses (see "Easier to Run" for the best example of this) so I think it would sound amazing.

Other than that I think a remix album with no outside input would be amazing as well.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I want a B-Sides album.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I want an album with has mike singing older songs from ht, i know alot of people say HT is way over done but I think it'd be very interesting to see chester rap and mike singing the songs.

B-side album

Unpluged

Cover album

OR GET THIS, its very strange

A themesong cover album for comedy shows!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Another thing I just though of. Whatever they put out something new I would like to have a totally heavy song with Chester scream-rapping the verses. Ooooo.

Adam Carter

Adam Carter Member

Reanimation 2 covering Meteora and MTM, for me.

I've already got plenty of LP live material to listen to, as is.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Live DVD. Cos Live In Texas is kinda like, not that good.

Epic921

Epic921 Banned

New DVD! Much like Frat Party.

Shrazer235

Shrazer235 Well-Known Member

A 'Reanimation' for both Meteora and MTM, and then another sort of mix of the first two albums, both Chester and Mike switching roles. :lol:

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

A live dvd. With two shows on it. There were romours of one show in Asia getting filmed for a DVD, from bootleg videos that looked like an awesome show, so would be cool.

Or that kickass long concert in Madison Square, looked awesome, best set-list ever.

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

New DVD/B-sides Album/EP and Id be happy, either way I don't want them rehashing old songs again

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

i'm all for an all instrumental album. Either that or maybe some kind of documentary dvd...we've all seen there stuff live at this point.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, a DVD covering the MSG show ... :rolleyes: would be mad. all the same, i doubt that's possible at this point - and an instrumental album sounds like a great idea.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
    LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to post on this, it escaped me because of computer stuff hehe but it gave me time to think a bit and collate my answers.

Anyway, As for MTV Plugged, I wouldn't mind seeing them do that, I think it would be somewhat like the Almost Acoustic Christmas performance where they kind of played PMA, Crawling and ITE "acoustically". While LFY might not be the most appropriate, I thought I might try to estimate how they could play this one (It was the first that came to mind pretty much and it has a lot in it terms of mixing styles like Faint and SIB, but it'd would probably be easier to perform.)

Vocals - As performed live
    Joe playing piano for the samples (like the beeps, as for the scratching not sure, maybe an African percussive thing that you move a stick over the bumps - can't remember what it's called hehe)
    Drums - As performed live like the other MTV Plugged candidates although it may not fit with LFY). Rob plays the sampled beats aswell except with acoustic instruments.
    Mike On acoustic bass
    Phoenix plays the Intro Sample on Cello or Violin
    Acoustic Guitar - Brad (If the Intro Sample is left out then Mike can double Brad in the Choruses and Phoenix on acoustic bass)

Dušan, I hoped for MTM they would have Mike on lead vocals and Chester backing like a reversal of HT or Meteora, but I think the closest we got was In Between. I suppose Mike's voice suits soft vocals.

Reanimation style album of Meteora and MTM with the band doing the reinterpretations would probably be better in my opinion although I do really like Reanimation, the H! Vltg3 reinterpretation wasn't the greatest (in my opinion).

For a cover album/EP, Mike said in the 97x interview Part 2 they'd find it hard to agree for songs in general but it would be pretty different if they could pull it off.

A B-sides/Rarities collection would be awesome. They might put the B-Sides with the Greatest Hits if they don't have enough B-Sides they feel they want to release.

An instrumental album would be awesome, especially with some songs only done by a few members like Technique and some songs with the whole band. Therefore they satisfy a wide audience. Eg. Wake and Session.

Sure why not? We'll take new music if they make it. Hehe

Quite strange, but it might be the album you can laugh along with!

Documentary DVD would be nice, maybe in-studio filming of them just making riffs and samples, and Mike freestyling like he did with Rakaa on the Wake Up Show (Not street freestyling as Mike pointed out the difference in I think the Fort Minor forum though I could be wrong).

A Live DVD I would probably most definitely buy:
    -The whole HT EP,
    -Other songs that they didn't play on LIT such as Session and CFTI
    -Xero Sampler and the live set they played in 1996
    -NRL, Pictureboard (So pretty much B-sides)
    -Unreleased songs we've geard snippets of and just an unreleased song in general! :)
    -Maybe even demos of HT, and Meteora, for example, they could play The Untitled (ITE Demo).
    -All covers they have ever done.
    -LPU Albums
    -FM over some LP songs and vice versa.

All performed live nowadays. The only thing that would be "missing" in my opinion would be the depth of Brad's old rig.

Now to post on Mike's blog. hehe

EDIT: Added LPU Albums

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
    Chocolate

Chocolate Banned

I'd like to see another DVD of some sorts.