Given Up Video

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Shadester, Feb 19, 2008.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That only has 2 "shitty's" in every line though. :lol:

B7rent

B7rent Guest

lol, personally thought the vid was good and im sure theyll come out w/ possibly an alternative version of the video too

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm kinda hoping they made a "director's cut" version of this that has Wake at the beginning, similar to what AFI did with Miss Murder and Prelude 12/21.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I use constructive criticism when the one I criticise can actuall read what I said. In this case I was just making an observation. But ok, I admit I might have added one "shitty" too many :)

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Wow.. the given up video is doing pretty shit in canada.. lol if u go on the muchmusic its on light rotation.. which means it'll never be played.. or barely will.. oh well.. i dont know why they even chose this as a video.

Athan

Athan Member

Well...from my opinion its one of their best

Dushan

Dushan Member

I like the new video, many of mine friends wached it over 50 times and they said that they are bored... I watchet it the same way they are and its still good :) but, it's all about tastes, we don't need to discuss about it ;)

B7rent

B7rent Guest

i was hoping for a video more like faint but it was cool, on the full screen of the video the constant flashes of random images of either words or random symbolic images and old video screen images gets a lil crazy after a while, reminds me of how those anime cartoons caused people to have seizures because the images were coming too fast and with too many constant changes of colors haha

but overall i did like the vid

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I'm geting worried that "Given Up" isn't getinig enough rotation like it should. I've only heard it on the radio maybe a few times and I haven't even seen it on TV once yet. What's the problem? Is it not geting promoted at all?

This video is way better then Shadow of the Day and Bleed it Out were, I don't get why I'm not hearing it more? I hear Shadow of the Day at least once a day on the radio, but never do I hear Given Up.

I think the video is good, but not like as good as the Hybrid Theory and Meteora videos. My friends say the video reminds them of "Nine Inch Nails", probably because the visuals have such an industrial like feel to them, but why in hell is it not geting rotation? Does Lp only have pop fans these days?

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

i think its good for a live video. but u can only do so much with live performances.

Chocolate

Chocolate Banned

That would be awesome. Anyways, I like the video a lot. It's not filmed great, but that's what I love about it. I'm glad they released an unedited version of the video too, because that would suck if he only had an edited version.