Your Top 10 Songs Of The Month - February

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Minus, Feb 13, 2008.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You know what, recently it just seems to me that you just want an argument. I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction though. It's not your place to take the piss out of someone's taste in music end of. It's not only my place but everyone else's to inform you of that.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not your place to boast superior musical tastes and laugh or pity someone's choice of music.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

People argue with me because they disagree with me and then I end up disagreeing with their disagreeing opinion. It's an endless cycle, but I still think that I have the right to comment on anything I want, including someone's music taste that I think is a joke.

My top 10:

The Mars Volta - Agadez
    Placebo - Follow the Cops Back Home
    MGMT - Kids
    The Mars Volta - Ilyena
    Depeche Mode - Home
    Morphine - I'm Free Now
    Incubus - Agoraphobia
    Depeche Mode - A Question of Time
    MGMT - The Youth
    The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini

A lot of the repeating artists is due to me being forced to use a pretty small mp3 player while my iPod is fixed.

EDIT: I'm not trying to say my musical taste is superior. Forgive me for thinking a cliché musical taste is silly. Jesus fuck.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

But it is my place to give you a warning. I swear, all you do is create problems on this board. One more warning and you're gone.

People argue with you because it is you who creates animosity in a thread with your baseless and useless posting. I am under the impression you say things for shock value just to see what kind of negative attention you can bring into a thread. It's not just this one but many others.

Sure, you can comment on whatever you want but when your comment offends others or even crosses the line of our rules on this board, then you are in the wrong. So just simply chill out and stop insulting others.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

You guys need to stop being so uptight about everything, I swear. Was the list not outdated by about ten years, for the most part, and extremely cliché? Okay. I apologize. I pointed out a fact.

Warn me if you wish, but all I'm doing is saying what's on my mind. I would rather not be part of a community that can't accept that, and I would rather not be part of a community that takes offense by the dumbest of things.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

As far as I'm concerned, you don't have the right to insult someones music taste simply because your comments are likely to offend the person who posted that list. People take pride in the music they listen to and no one has the right to say that what they're listening to is 'cliche' or the wrong thing to be listening to no matter what it is. It doesn't matter if that person listed Britney Spears, the entire West-Side Story soundtrack or William Shatner. It's each to their own and by themselves.

There are people on this site with very different musical tastes than me but when I see people talking about them do I go and tell them what they're listening to is a joke? No I don't because it's not nice and there's really no point.

I suggest in future you listen to the age-old phrase 'if you havn't got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all'. ;)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Okay, I understand the point you're making, and I apologize if anyone would be offended by it. I wasn't posting to offend, I was posting to provoke thought. I usually wouldn't comment on something like that, but it was so hard. Look at that list, man... seriously. If you can't see why I pointed that out then there's no hope for the world.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Zak, you aren't following the rules and thus you are continuing to receive warnings as a result of it. There is nothing 'uptight' about the way we operate here, except for the fact that we have policies and procedures here that you were required to read and agree to upon joining these forums, only to ignore and violate them every chance you get.

The fact remains that you have been told to get along with others and be respectful several times already and you have absolutely refused to do so. There are only so many chances we can allow to you before we just ban you from the site outright, and quite frankly, it is getting to that point.

I recommend you turn yourself around quickly, because as far as I am concerned, with the way you are acting here, you are close to being on your last leg. We do not tolerate such animosity on these boards and you should know this by now.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I sincerely apologize. It won't happen again.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. Again we are not trying to be uptight, strict or just plain unbearable on here. As moderators we have a general 'peace' that we are required to keep on these forums, and when people's musical tastes get blatantly disrespected it causes tension and thus destroys that peace, which is why Andrea had to step in just now and say something.

We are only doing our part here by enforcing the rules we require members to agree to upon signing up. That is all.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Anyway, back on topic.

01. Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You
    02. John Mayer - In Repair
    03. Thrice - Red Sky
    04. Chevelle - Well Enough Alone
    05. Paramore - That's What You Get
    06. The Birthday Massacre - Remember Me
    07. Madina Lake - Adalia
    08. Good Charlotte - All Black
    09. Kanye West - Flashing Lights
    10. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

LOL WHAT THE FUCK?!

aaah just messin'. :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

1. Mayday Parade's "When I Get Home, You're So Dead"
    2. Thrice's "Red Sky"
    3. Dead Poetic's "New Medicines"
    4. Falls Beneath's "Skies & Crimson"
    5. 30 Seconds to Mars' "Was It a Dream"
    6. Mayday Parade's "Jersey"
    7. Thrice's "Image of the Invisible"
    8. All Time Low's "This Is How We Do"
    9. All That Remains' "Six"
    10. Mayday Parade's "I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About"

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

1. Ill Nino - compulsion of virus and fever
    2. Ill Nino - me gusta la soledad
    3. Flogging Molly - Float
    4. A7X - I wont see you tonight (part 2)
    5. Ill Nino - Finger painting (with the enemy)
    6. Ill Nino - De sangre hermosa
    7. Soilwork - The Pittsburgh Syndrome
    8. Strapping Young Lad - Love
    9. Silent Civillian - Forced Fed
    10. Mnemic - Shape Of the Formless

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Don't see the point in replying to the march edition of this thread as its only the 2nd of March, so these are my top songs Ive listened to during February...

Aloha From Hell - Fear Of Tomorrow
    Fireflight - Unbreakable
    Fireflight - You Decide
    Hawk Neslon - You Have What I Need
    A Day To Remember - Since U Been Gone
    Kids In The Way - Fiction
    Simple Plan - Your Love Is a Lie
    Skillet - Rebirthing
    Fort Minor - Cover and Duck
    Bullet For My Valentine - Waking The Demon

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

In no particular order:

1.) Lookin' Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover) - Children of Bodom
    2.) Murmaider - Dethklok
    3.) Castratikron - Dethklok
    4.) Bloodrocuted - Dethklok
    5.) Awaken - Dethklok
    6.) The Serpentine Offering - Dimmu Borgir
    7.) Where Dragons Rule - Dragonforce
    8.) Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife - Mastodon
    9.) The Clouding - Iced Earth
    10.) Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot cover) - Jonathan Coulton