One Thing That Would Make You Stop Liking Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Iain, Nov 21, 2007.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

What one thing would make you stop liking and listening to Linkin Park? For instance, if they committed a crime, one of the band members did drugs, etc.

What brought this up is sort of a long story, but a friend of mine has been a Prince fan for a little while now, and his people started suing websited because they had pictures of him on the sites. Now, lots of long-time fans aren't listening to Prince anymore, and my friend thinks he's an ass.

Would something like that do it for you, or you unshakable in your dedication to LP? Post away.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Wouldn't stop me listening to their music, but I might stop buying their albums I guess, or actively supporting them.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[REDACTED]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
    Harlz

Dude, Maybe you should edit that....

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
    minuteforce

i realised that at the last minute, whatever that is. :D ha.

Harlz

:lol: Yea probly safer.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I would stop listening to them, if their sponsorships went beyond Xbox and they suddenly turned into Gene Simmons, having LP Bedsheets, LP Coffins, and LP Deodorant etc.

The minute that happened, I'd know the band lost respect of the fans.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think LP will ever loose me as a fan to be honest. They'd have to do something catestrophically terrible to change that.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

If they make another Minutes To Midnight :lol:

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I Second that!

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

LP deoderant? I can picture that now... "Does your B.O. make people 'Hit the Floor'? Try new Linkin Park antiperspirant! You'll be 'One Step Closer' to smelling just like the LP tourbus! (Comes in Pine Air Freshener and Lysol scents.)" :teehee:

minuteforce

word.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:lol:

im with Hellfalme..

Radish

Radish Guest

Same for me. It'd have to be something pretty bad to lose me entirely.
    Their music is awesome, and they are awesome. They'd be pretty hard to just dislike and forget about.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't think anything would make them lose me completely. If they turned out to be asses, that would suck, but I'd still listen to the music if it was good. If they made a CD I thought was awful I'd still listen to Hybrid Theory every once in a while. So I doubt anything could make them lose me completely unless Mike Shinoda killed my mother in the middle of the night or something.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

If they all came up to me and said "You're a prize cunt, Skywalker".

I wouldn't like them anymore.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Minutes to Midnight kind of made me already stop listening to them already quite a bit. I'm already pretty phissed at them because

(A.) I feel like they ditched their signature sound that made them so awesome to begin with...

I don't feel like they really changed because they wanted to try something different, I felt like they just did it to sound exactly like every other cliche rock band out there right now such as U2 on Shadow of the Day. Their creative effort made them loose everything that made them so awesome and so UNIQUE to begin with and many Lp fans will agree with me on this before you start flamming...

(B.) They kind of did sell out by charging that fan art book cd/dvd combo for 100 dollars! Jesus Christ...good way to rip us Lp!

(C.) They just now jumped on the bandwagon and started talking about politics in their music, just because EVERYONE else is doing that right now.

(D.) Their music videos keep geting worse and worse by each release. They've gone from mediocre to suck ass to horrible on Minutes to Midnight. Chester looks like he's lip-syncing on Shadow of the day, they never use to do that!

(E.) Lp are completely self-absorbed and arrogant especially Chester. He claimed that they were "the best band in the world" at a recent asian concert. Let's not get rediculous Chester and if anyone should make that claim it should be us the fans...

(F.) What the f*** happend to Mr. Hahn?????

(G.) Mike's rapping?????

(G.) Lp has basically contradicted any and everything that they use to stand for, ultimately many of the reasons I respected them...

ex1. They started cursing on their proper albums just for pure shock value

ex2. They eliminated diversity on Projekt Revolution merely to sell more tickets....ie...all the hip-hop artists except long time friends SOB

ex3. They forgot all about humility by exhaulting themselves with pride...."we are the best band in the world"

As much as I hate Lp right now, I think I will always love them to death. I even gave away all my fan cd's and stuff after I saw the Shadow of the day video and haven't listened to them in a while, but I kind of miss their old style like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I don't think I can ever let go of how good those albums were.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Why does everybody keep saying the album sounds like U2, when in reality there's only one song on the album that even remotely sounds like them?
    Furthermore, the very idea of LP (who are the epitome of mainstream bands) getting accused of "selling out" is preposterous. What are they selling out? Their punk ethos? Last time I checked they didn't have any. As far as Chester's arrogance, he's been saying stupid shit for years. Remember when he said that the Summer Sanitarium Tour was "the best tour in 20 years." He said that back in 2003, ya know, before they sold out from being a mainstream
    rock-band into a... a... mainstream rock band, that's it. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The only thing I agree with is that Chester does seem to be becoming more and more arrogant. But then again who doesn't claim their band is the best in the world? Bono's said it in the past, Liam Gallagher and Axl Rose never stop saying it...I guess success does indeed get to your head. It's not necessarily a bad thing though, it just shows they have the utmost confidence in themselves and their bands.

I have a theory that as a result of Chester's divorce he's lost a great deal of money which is why LP have been a bit pricey lately. If you think about it, nothing associated with LP was ever really expensive until the divorce came through.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

A)Yes, because they're really going to sound amazing the first time they try something different after ten years of doing more or less the same thing.

B)I think that's Warner's decision.

C)That's just your presumption. I thought the lyrics for Hands Held High and TLTGYA were written pretty eloquently but ok.

D)I probably agree with you

E)Likewise, Brad said he knew they had a lot of room for improvement after watching Pearl Jam, although both are just one thing said by one member of a six-piece band.

F)This one's been answered a million times already.
    Contributing various different things with his soundboard and directing the videos > chirp-scratching over every guitar riff and directing videos

G)Maybe there could have been more, but as it is the raps that were included were miles better than anything on Meteora or Hybrid Theory.

G/H?)
    1. This is another presumption. Swear words are words, they can still convey emotion and if you restrict yourself to not using them you are essentially restricting your vocabulary. Who's actually shocked by the swear words used on MTM these days anyway? It's not as if they're dropping the C and W bombs every other line.
    2. Yeah, I mean, hip-hop isn't lucrative at all. Who's Snoop Dogg again?
    3. I covered that already.