LP Rock Brisbane

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Top2Bottom, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

After a good night's sleep, and a moment to ponder the lifetime memories I now have of LP live, here is how my thoughts on their Brisbane show.

They absolutely rocked the house!!! You couldn't begin to imagine a more epic opening. The white sheet with their black silouettes was a great effect. The flickering lights as brad drummed the opening of No More Sorrow. The roar as the sheet dropped. Still sends shivers now. It far out shon my expectations, and I expected a lot.

What I didn't expect heaps from was Chris Cornell. Yeah I don't mind some audioslave, but he was a pleasant little surprise. His band rocked. Although I got the feeling everyone just wanted LP. The first 5 or 6 songs everyone was amped, but from then on I hoped that the next would be the last. That's no disrespect to Chris Cornell, just saying what was happening. The pit is usually a good gauge on the general mood of the arena, and with every next song, they quietened down more.

I thought the set list was awesome. It is as follows...

1. No More Sorrow
    2. Lying From You
    3. Somewhere I Belong
    4. Wake
    5. Given Up
    6. From The Inside
    7. Don't Stay
    8. Papercut
    9. Points of Authority - with Petrified intro
    10. Shadow of The day
    11. What I've Done
    12. Numb
    13. Pushing Me Away - piano version
    14. Hands Held High
    15. Braking The Habit
    16. In The End
    17. Crawling
    18. One Step Closer
    Encores
    19. The Little Things Give You Away
    20. Cure For The Itch
    21. Bleed It Out
    22. Faint

Particular crowd favourites were No More Sorrow, Given Up, Don't Stay, Crawling, Bleed It Out and One Step Closer. I couldn't have hoped for a better night. Although, and this is totally non-music related, but the calamari was the worst choice I could have made at the take away bar. I expected they'd charge an arm and a leg for food, but over ten bucks for dried out, chewy, seemingly microwaved rubber rings?? Oh well, at least the music was good

Is there anyone else out there that managed to see the bris show?If so, let me know what you're thoughts were.

Also, I thought the drummer in Chris Cornell's band was pretty awesome. Rob did a pretty slick solo in the middle of Bleed It Out too. And one last complaint. The girl in front was just randomly standing up all the time. I mean it's ok to stand up, but when Chester is just talking??? well anyway I've said enough

fulgore

fulgore New Member

yeah mate it was a kickass show...

Radish

Radish Guest

Rob plays drums.
    Brad plays guitar. ;)

It must have been awesome.
    They did the No More sorrow intro with the white veil in Melbourne on the 14th too! It was fantastic!

Must have been great!

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I stood up the entire time LP was playing. The entire time.

I was one of the only ones standing when TLTGYA was played. I didn't sit once. It was so fucking hot in Atlanta I thought I was gonna pass out and I felt like shit by the time the encore came on. We went CRAZY smashing the seats during the encore, then we all stood up in them on One Step Closer and went crazy.

I wanted to sit down soooo bad but it was Linkin fucking Park. You CAN'T sit down during LP. It's like a rule lol.

I think I'm the only one that was headbanging to TLTGYA and jumped off my seat when the riff came in after the solo :p

I'm glad Brisbane went so well.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

sorry my bad lol...just got caught up in it all

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great time! You're so lucky..

Naazon

Naazon Well-Known Member

IT was sooo awesome, i was in the pit infront of where chester climbed up onto the barrier so he was singing like... next to me and the pit was soo awesome. haha yeah i was jumpin to TLTGYA, specially the solo and the Solo in SOTD. Best concert EVER!!! cant wait for the World Tour DVD (i believe thats what they are doing) cause if they are i think brisbane will be on it.. i saw a few pro recorders on the stage at times

btw just telling you... Breaking the habit, not braking (no harm ment)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

BTW, just telling you... no necroposting.

And if you're going to correct people on spelling errors, you should not be making mistakes either.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Don't post in threads over a month old. *closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.