Do you think LP's sound on MTM should have more electronic?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by DisturbedOne98, Aug 29, 2007.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

:blush:Oh har, har, har... thank you for correcting that. I've been so damn perfect lately that I think I needed someone to bring me back down to earth. Thank you Dean.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Quote of the week

I think this is the general concensus about the album wiith most of the people i know, including me...

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I honestly think "In Pieces" is the pin point song on MTM that is the step in the right direction. Give it a tweak here and there and honestly, we have a great great song for the ages. They nearly had it. It just seems to be missing that X-factor. When I discover what that is, I'll let LP know :D

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I think In Pieces is terrible. The chorus is so god awful, and the rest of the song isn't special either. Valentines Day is better.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

See? thats my point, this is so subjective

I love In Pieces i think it's hands down the best slow song they've ever done, and i didnt like V's D (i think its horrible and whiny)

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

What isn't subjective is the fact that In Pieces is their worst song live. Chester can NEVER stay in key for that song.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

in simple summation.
    hybrid theory = great
    meteora= not so much
    m2m = lp's back? awesome ok...hmmmmm

For the future i really hope they fine tune there new sound. And for god sakes WHEN MIKE AND JOE DO THERE THING, THATS WHAT MAKES THEM UNIQUE. They are just another band without them. I dont care if its a dead genre. Rapping and turntabling make this band who they are. Without it their identity is lost.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

True, but LP don't want to have an identity. They want to be ambiguos, and lame.

Tim

Yes, this is CLEARLY what they were going for. "We never want to be remembered," said Mike while speaking to Johnny McMadeup for Totally Lame Shit Magazine.

@Doc: I actually thought In the End was their worst song live. Not because they play it badly or anything... it's just a horrible song.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

:lol: In the End was the staple song for the band. It's the reason they got exposed to so many people, because it was all over the radio.

In Pieces is just terrible live. I love it on the CD but it's absolutely bad live.

Tim

I actually thought In Pieces was kind of average live. Terrible would be pushing it too far for me. I actually think the reason I hate In the End so much is because of how much it was played EVERYWHERE! To this day I cannot
    listen to that song all the way through... it hurts.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

In Pieces solo sounds pretty cool live though, I reckon.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

In retrospect no one should have expected a cohesive album... not when it's pretty much the first time they've tried something different in nigh-on ten years, with a producer who's more or less the polar opposite of their last one as far as mainstream music is concerned.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

That's the way I feel about Numb. It's so boring and people like it. In The End is better. But nothing special.

This is what I call a thread.

But really. You people are to damn smart to be LP fans. I mean, nobody sounds like they actually like they're music. Move on.

Tim

I like them, I just don't Idolize them. As far as Numb goes... I disliked that song for years as well, but for some reason I've really started love it again. Fucking weird, huh?

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yea Numb always sounded weak live, espcially on Live In Texas.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

For what it is I'd say In The End is the high point of their career so far. Best bridge ever, the drumming is pretty cool and the way the guitar harmonises with Chester in the chorus show that making it extremely simple wasn't all bad.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Ha. That's excactly how I feel about In The End now.

Radish

Radish Guest

I think we should seriously stop criticizing Meteora and M2M and just like what we like and discuss it without calling Meteora "terrible" and a rip-off of Hybrid Theory, and calling M2M a Step in the wrong direction and that it's "terrible" also because it's not like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, or Reanimation, if you like.

They are both great albums, and just because we don't like them or think that LP made Meteora to get the same ratings as HT, seriously does it matter? People loved it. I Love it, i don't count for heaps of people, but practically everyone i know who likes LP prefers Meteora over M2M. That doesn't mean that they're all stupid and they have bad tastes in music and all that, it's not true.

Theres a lot of smart people who listen to very mature music and who are smart, and don't like "sappy" and "stupid" songs but they love Meteora. Some of them like Minutes To Midnight over Meteora. So what? Minutes to Midnight is a completely different style of music, and i think it's great! They made it so they

could create a different side to Linkin Park than HT and Meteora - not so it could spark a mad argument about when they were better or how "weak" whichever album was. I don't think any of their albums were weak. I Think M2M is Awesome! i also think Meteora was awesome! And I don't just accept anything.

It took me a long time to get used to M2M, i wasn't used to it. Then i realized that it wasn't meant to be anything like the past two albums and that they were going in a completely new direction and my viewpoint and opinion changed entirely.

I'm not saying we shouldn't say which songs we like and dislike, or say which albums we like and dislike, but completely bagging out and album or song isn't just showing your point of view, it's also showing other people that you can be aggressive over the fact that someone disagrees with you, which is dumb, because everyone in the world has a different viewpoint about something than the rest of the world.

My two cents. My apologies if this offended anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
    Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

On the next album, I want one track with rap, one track with intense screaming and one track with electronics. The rest can be ballads. Lol.