Xbox 360 or Wii?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Debus, Aug 28, 2007.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i still got my large and in charge PS2 that is the same speed still, its just really dirty and dusty and i only have one functioning controller left

xero agnostos

xero agnostos Well-Known Member

360 for the reasons everyone already said

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

we got ours (360) august 2006, a little under a year after it launched. we've had to send it back to MS for repairs 4 or 5 times. every time because of the disc drive breaking. everything else was fine, no overheating. our latest one is from July 29th. did you know that they've (MS) have gone through I think 4 different disc drives trying to find one that didn't break. the games are great, but the console friggen breaks more than any console ever should. if you want something completely reliable, buy a wii. its Twilight Princess, Metroi Prime 3 (9.5 from IGN), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl do/will own.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, there's not really any great games on the Wii at the moment besides Zelda, but with Super Smash Bros, Metroid Prime 3 & Manhunt 2 coming later this year it will pick up. I wish they would release more games that aren't novelty based and just mini-games though, then it might be worth getting one that little bit more. I have a Wii and I'm just waiting for some new games to come out as I have nothing to play on it at the moment.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Okay, I have decided! I just bought a 360 for £216 (Core system, extra controller and 512MB hard drive) Thanks for all the input again guys =D I'll probably buy a Wii at a later point

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

512mb hard drive, I assume you meant memory card?

the core is a ripoff....at least in the us, what you'll spend for a core and the hard drive is the same price as the premium which includes the hard drive and a wireless controller.

Debus

It was called a hard drive in the catalogue, but yes, memory card. Well the core here is £199 on its own with a wired controller, but the premium was like £299. Plus, I won't need 20GB worth of hard drive space because I won't be using Live

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Xbox is hardly worth it without Live. The marketplace and multiplayer games (such as Halo) are what make the system worth it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

You're making me feel bad about my account being suspended :(

Chris.

Oh no. What'd you do? :lol:

I've had a 360 since they came out but I didn't get Live until recently and I never really played it until recently, when I got live.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Seconded. Xbox without Live is like Toast without Butter: Bland.

Debus

I'm not really an online gamer at all, hence no Live. Plus I can't afford the £40 a year right now. I might invest in it at a later point

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

plus the demos on the marketplace are cool. stranglehold and bioshock FTW lol.

Chris.

Exactly. That's what's so great about the online features in this generation of gaming. Between the PS3 and the 360, the downloadable demos are a pretty big selling point. For me at least.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I would have advised you waited until the holiday season was over. The summer drought (known as to gamers as the time when no huge titles are coming out) is just ending and in just a few months all the next-gen systems will be flooded with the high profile and most sought after titles of the year. Not to mention next year is looking promising as well. It would have given you a wider perspective to help you weigh the pros and cons of each console.

And in an unrelated note, online gaming =/= all the hype, in my opinion. Yeah, I said it. :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The card I use got replaceed, and somehow my subscription ended up lasting two months longer than it should have as a result. I just found out how to get it un-suspended anyway but it's still kind of annoying.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Live doesn't actually cost anything if you sign up for a silver membership. Silver will let you download free demos, trailers, themes and a whole bunch of other media etc for nothing. The gold membership is only if you want to play games online.

The core is actually only £179.99 now, the same price as the Wii, the premium is £229.99 & the elite is £299.99. You should have maybe shelled out for the premium, as that would have given you a bigger hard drive for all the free stuff you can download from a silver membership on live, but I guess it doesn't matter if that's not what you're into. Plus you have one now anyway so it doesn't matter, haha. :)

Debus

I looked into what games are due to be coming to each console, and weighed all that up already. 360 is better over all and has a bigger back catalogue. Wii had weak titles, as did PS3 and an insanely high price tag. I'll end up getting a Wii/PS3 at some point anyway :lol:

I got 20% off the total price from the place I got it from, so...

And I haven't seen the premium systems for less than £250 anywhere o_O and even if I did get one, I would have had to pay extra and more in the long run for another controller.

Mr. Hell

Mr. Hell Banned

i shall buy xbox 360 pro.....and somehow find halo 3

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Look...over the past few weeks, almost all of the posts you've made haven't gotten past the moderation queue because they add NOTHING to the conversation. Much like this one. This is a thread to discuss 360 vs Wii. We don't care if you're going to buy a 360 and Halo 3. It's not the reason this thread exists.