Live Flaw

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by kev_, Jul 29, 2007.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this little error in Faint so I don't feel like I'm going crazy. On the album there is an electronic keyboard note inserted during the bridge, it goes like this.

"Now (pling) hear me out now, you're gonna listen (pling) to me like it or not, right now (pling) hear me out now, you're gonna listen (pling)..."

But when they play it live Joe puts it in the wrong spot, more like

"Now hear me out now, you're gonna listen to me like it or not (pling)..."

Not that it really effects the song but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed. Joe used to get it right but now he does it wrong.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

i listened for it, and you're right. interesting find.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It seems that Joe's only been doing it that way starting with this most recent touring cycle. If you listen to it on most 2003-2004 recordings, it's the same as it is on the album.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

why do you know EVERYTHING

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

maybe hes just spicing it up a little

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's just kinda pissing me off. Come on Joe haha. And sometimes you can hardly hear his keys and sometimes they just overpower everything. Get it together LP haha

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

I think Joe is just too bored these days xD

I mean poor Joe, for some songs he gets to push buttons for a couple of minutes, for one or two he gets to scratch and the rest of the time he loads up the backing music (that they can't play live) or he adds echo to Chester's voice. Notice how hes gone from acting all crazy to a almnost lifeless dummy. I was going to say and looking bored but he always does ^_^

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

The first time I recall hearing him make this error in 2005 but I don't remember where.

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

he will quit the band for sure
    i guess that hes bored of doing the same thing over the years
    a few years ago he used to have fun, and with MTM he wasnt really part of tha album.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Could he possibly be doing it on purpose? LP has made live mistakes before and then repeated them in subsequent shows on purpose (like The guitar feedback in the second verse of Faint),

As far as Joe leaving the band, thats just ridiculous. LP allows him to do the things he's always dreamed of (like directing and opening up Suru). So he took a back seat on one album... big deal.

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

IMO Linkin Park is very interesting and intriguing. Kudos for him knowing all he does. i dont know half as much as him, and my friends are impressed when i bust out lil facts like that.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Maybe... I don't think it sounds as good though. I think Joe just kinda forgot where it went

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe Joe wasn't having fun just scratching in time with the guitar in the bridge of pretty much every song?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

i'll be honest, I'm very worried. I saw the PR show in Hartford on the 26th and he looked very very bored. Mike and Chester were all over the place. Brad, Rob and Phoenix were doing their thing, but still looked like they were having fun; but Joe kind of just stood there, pushed a couple keys every now and then and a LOT of the time, he had his back to the crowd. he was lookin behind the set and just standing there and sometimes smiling/laughing with someone off stage. kind of worried me and I had the same idea, that may leave some day, which I hope never happens.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

It will be a loss if he leaves but I won't cry. If LP doesn't give him more options next album he's most likely gone but it's not like losing Chester or Mike. Given Up and No More Sorrow sound good with no elements

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Dude that's like saying 'It'd suck if I lost a spleen, but at least it's not like losing a lung.'

You underestimate the importance of Mr. Hahn.

Let's see, Papercut, Points of Authority, In The End, any intros they might do, most all of Meteora, all the electronica samples in Minutes To Midnight, all require Joe.

But hey, at least Given Up and No More Sorrow will sound good, right?

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

The PR show that was streamed live Joe looked a bit better and more involved. But everywhere else he's pretty much as 2xPutt described.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Simple as this: If you throw away Joe, you throw away a good deal of the creative aspect of Linkin Park.

EDIT: And as for Faint, Joe isn't stupid. It's not a mistake. He's doing it because, in their opinion, it probably sounds better. He could listen to the original anytime and 'fix' it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
    alex_prime

alex_prime New Member

i noticed the same thing with hahn at PNC on the 29th

i appreciate hahn with cure for the itch, session, and especially a place for my head and other songs that would not be the same without him

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

shame on some of you for saying he could even THINK of quitting. Joe Hahn's irreplaceable! Plus in all the behind the scenes I've seen (LPTV, Making of M2M/WID) he seems to really be enjoying being in this band.