Bleed It Out Singled Out?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

they should perform it where the made it, the Laural house or whatever it is called. I would like to see the audioslave "original fire" type of set up. i think every song on this album has the potential to be a single because its so "diverse and shit" (what my friend says :lol:). Hell, they could even pull a JT-esque thing and release Wake and Given Up in the same video.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

They weren't confirmed, Billboard had them up on its site for whatever reason.

miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

oh yay:bounce:

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

Bleed it Out's a fun song, there's a good chance it'll do well.

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

Should be a fun single...i hope theyre as happy in the music video as they were on SNL lol

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Nice! I really hope this is true, I think Bleed it out would be better as single rather than Given Up.
    The video's gonna rock!!!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

awesome choice.. if i had to pick, i think it would have to be 'Bleed It Out' anyway :)

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I like Bleed It Out, so im happy that its a single. I think that after this, the singles will go as follows:

- Leave Out All The Rest
    - No More Sorrow
    - Shadow of the Day

I would like TLTGYA to be a single, but its unlikely. I would love to see a video for it, though.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

i thought given up would be the next single, but im glad they chose b.i.o., it's my fave song because of the energy it has. I hope they stick to the party environment idea they had for the song. It'd be great to see a video more focused just on lp rocking a small crowd rather than the usual heavy meaningful vids.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

With all due respect, I really don't think that the "AC/DC guitar and Motown drums" description of the song was true at all. When I think AC/DC guitar, I think heavy distortion, major chords (not the powerchords that LP uses), simple progressions that largely consist of E, G, D, and A chords, and a kickass guitar solo in the middle section. The guitar in Bleed it Out is nothing like that. And Motown drums...yes, the drums were played on that Motown-sounding kit in the studio, but the ENTIRE SONG drum-wise consists of nothing but bass and snare. It's the most simplistic drum part LP has ever used in a song, if Rob didn't also play the tambourine part live, he could play the whole song with one hand.

The most Motown thing in the song is the piano part in the background, and the most AC/DC thing about it is the fact that Chester's voice bears a slight resemblence to Brian Johnson when he sings the chorus.

I personally think that Given Up and No More Sorrow will be the last 2 singles off this album. Why? Because we all know Warner has the final say on singles, and that would make the 4 singles released the most old Linkin Park-sounding songs on the album. That way all the teenies who just watch TRL and listen to the radio and don't know any song that isn't a single won't be scared away by how different the other songs are.

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

100% AGREED

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

good to hear that bleed it out is going to have a video and be a single. one of my fav songs off the album.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Derek kind of already addressed that point a few posts later. :lol:

partycake

partycake New Member

locations!!!!
    i hope which this video not be like points of autority or wid

handthatfeeds_25

handthatfeeds_25 Well-Known Member

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

How come Warner Brothers has the authority to choose over Linkin Park's single? That utterly sucks.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

cuz LP said they don't give a shit about what are the singles and what not.:unsure:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As a guitar player that can play both songs, I can tell you that they aren't similar at all. Thunderstruck's intro is a pretty complicated line of hammer-ons and pulloffs over the entire neck, executed using only the left hand, Bleed it Out's intro is just a simple 8th note pattern played on 2 strings over 4 frets.

Angus Young is one of my guitar gods that I've spent a lot of time studying the work of, when Chester first stated long ago that "Accident" had AC/DC-style guitar in it, I had a gut feeling he was exaggerating.

And I'm sure if LP really wanted to challenge Warner over single choice, they could, but they've said that they think the record label is better at deciding on that kind of thing. They've gone against the band's intentions with singles once before, Mike stated bluntly before Meteora came out that Breaking the Habit was a song "you'll never hear on the radio." We all know what wound up happening with that song. Since LP accounts for so much of Warner's sales, I have a feeling Warner is scared to release the more risky songs as singles. What I've Done was very much in the vein of a song like Numb, Bleed it Out, while pretty different instrumentally, follows the same song structure people have come to expect from LP: Mike rapping the verses, Chester singing the chorus, and a screaming bridge. It's also a radio and MTV-friendly 2:44 in length.

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think that you are wrong.Totally different intros.I don't see any relation(that's the word?).

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

In regard to the drums, while it may be simple it is a semi-motown influenced part. The tamborine is part of the kit and that's why he can play it with one hand. I'm sure Rob was thinking of that when he recorded his part. He's not a bad drummer in my opinion and he's improved a lot on this album. He uses the toms more, especially on No More Sorrow, and he uses the cymbals better like on TLTGYA and In Pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.