POKEMANS!!!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Seinfeld, May 21, 2007.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Seriously...who used to play Pokémon? And I don't mean the new stuff. I mean the old games (red and blue version). Go ahead and laugh at me for saying this...but...that game was actually worth playing!

Who else enjoyed the earlier versions?

(I'm gunna hate myself for this thread) :lol::lol::lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't care what anyone says, Pokemon ruled back then and it still rules now. :lol:

I do find myself quiestioning why the hell I spent hundreds, maybe thousands on Pokemon cards back when I was a little kid but the games are still awesome. Hell I baught Pokemon diamond today. :lol:

I think the best games were Gold and Silver because the night and day system was cool aswell as being able to go back to Kanto when you're finished in Johto. Pokemon stadium was pretty decent aswell. It is apparent that the pokemon team are running out of ideas though.

I feel like I'm 10 years old again in this thread. :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Just the old versions? I play the new ones dammit! :lol: The online capabilities of Diamond and Pearl on the DS are actually really cool. The old games are sweet though and yeah they are worth playing. I don't know why they get so addicting.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I have Blue, Red, Yellow and Gold. I also have Pokemon Stadim and snap for my N64 XD Yeah, i'm cool :lol: I also still have all my Pokemon cards. Yes, you can say it, I rock! XD

Meh, Pokemon was awesome back in the day. But only the games. The TV show and the movie sucked. I could care less now. I wouldn't consider buying one of the new ones, simply because there are so many other games I would rather play haha.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

pokecat.jpg

Luke

That cat is fucking creepy. :lol:

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Strangely enough, that's the first thing i thought of when i saw the title :lol:

Seinfeld

That'S what I had in mind when I made it :lol:!

Well, I just hate how they had to make pokemon into this BIG thing...like the show and stuff...the show sucked balls...

Luke

Regardless of whether people thought the show sucked, it was instrumental in making Pokemon a multi-billion dollar franchise.

Seinfeld

well, sure...but the only good thing that came of the show was the yellow version imo

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think it's really funny you made this thread because I've actually just gotten back into the games and started playing the old ones after recently beating Diamond. :lol: I even got my girlfriend and my best friend into it.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

isnt there like a pokemon world (think disney world but uh.. with pokemon stuff) in Japan? lol
    I just started playing pOkemon emerald like 2 weeks ago lol

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I used to play hardcore back in the day.

Storytime!

I had Yellow on my emulator. The thing is, this was before it was in English. So my friend and I actually spent all this time going "Okay, the one with the long name is thunderbolt, I think." And we went through the whole game in Japanese.

When we were fighting Brock, all my pokemon got knocked out except a level 1 Pidgey. We were going against Onyx, who had run out of PP and was resorting to Flail. All pidgey had was tackle and sand attack. After about 2 hours I finally won and Pidgey grew like 4 levels. :lol:

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: Haha, awesome.

Yeah, Pokémon owned, everyone played it up to when I was like 11. :p
    I have Red, Silver, Ruby and N64's Stadium, had so much fun playing those games back then. XD
    Just bought Ruby to waste time on long holidays and carrides... but I think that's my favourite actually. Best graphics, etc.
    Used to have these competitions on Stadium, but I only played those mini-games, really.

About the cards and the tv show, the cards cost me a lot of money... and the tv show, well, it sucked but still got you to play the games. :p

Seinfeld

The cards got me grounded...a countless number of times...and just to be bragging:

I have 151 Pokemans on my blue version...I was like...all...proud of that... XD

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

HAHAHA!

Wow, I used to play Red and Blue all the time way back when. Didn't have a gameboy though. Had one of those Super Gameboy things that allowed me to play Gameboy games through my SNES.

Last year me and about 10 of my buddies were sitting around in our campus university/student center with nothing to do, so we pulled out a piece of paper and proceeded to name 149 of 151 pokemon. I can't remember which ones we were missing, but it was a trip down memory name,

For whatever reason, my favorite pokemon was always Snorlax. Weird.

[youtube]na0mYSFPoCU[/youtube]

Seinfeld

I do believe this would be a fun short game?

EVERYONE!!! NAME ONE POKEMAN!!! :lol:

1.:Charmander

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Seriously, though, it's Pokémon, not Pokéman. :lol:

2: Charmeleon

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

My right thumb still clicks every now and then from all the time I spent on Silver. I hate Red and Blue though - those two are completely biased in favour of anyone who has a Dragonite or Mewtwo.

I know it's not cool to say this but the new ones are the best, even if the series has progressed at about the same rate as LP.

Seinfeld

I know that ^_^

I just think POKEMAN is more fun ^_^...it reminds me of the cat (look above)

3.:Charizard