Kerrang! Reviews Minutes To Midnight

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

All this debate reminds me how awesome the LPA community is. I never see anyone say something like "You're an idiot" or "Shut the fuck up", like i see on YouTube comments or eBaums forums. :lol:

But i really think all this arguing about whether the album is good or bad is just.. pointless. I mean, shouldn't we all know that people are gonna love and hate any album? Don't bicker about it.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering how much Brad will do live because some of the songs are mostly like more programming and other instruments but this album sure is different. The album does have many cool moments on it. "In Pieces" turned out really awesome it really changes from like a ska beat to a rock beat/guitar solo thing. "The Little Things Give You Away" really does bring a great end to the album it's just really diverse.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
    abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

i couldnt agree more dude, i feel like only the fans can listen to the music and actually like it while the new people would only like Given Up or Bleed It Out or some other tracks on the album

btw. Bleed It Out really IS a good song. at first,i thought oh everyone likes this song w/e, its not even that good [cuse all i heard was the 6 second clip], but holy shit, i really like it.

it kinda gives the background music the irish pub feeling. (or its just me)

i have the leaked version till the 15th, where i pick up my preordered CD/DVD
    (ITS NOT BAD! IM STILL A DIEHARD LP FAN)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You're the kind of fan that bugs me. You're so insecure that you can't handle that another fan of the band doesn't like something the band did. Oh my God. Will doesn't like the album. That means that the band isn't going to make it. There's no reason for you to insult me just because I don't like the album. There are plenty of people out there who are going to like it just because it's Linkin Park. I did not say that everyone who likes the album is blindly liking it. There's a good portion of people who love it because the genuinely love it, but there's also a good portion of people who love it for no reason other than the fact that they love everything Linkin Park's done no matter how shitty it may have actually been.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Never insult a modder/supermember. He will always own you, no matter what you do. ^_^

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

o·pin·ion /əˈpɪnyən/ [uh-pin-yuhn] –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
    4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
    6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That is going in my sig. :lol:

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

well yeah i can see how you can think that... i don't think it's that great and from what i've seen i presume you're quite opinionated... but i just thought that using a system of K's for rating an album is kinda silly :) so i thought you were mocking the magazine or something.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

I think the album is fantastic (yeah I downloaded it, but I'm still going to buy it). LP have really grown up, finally we dont have to have every song about the infamous "you" ('you did this' 'you did that'). The confused teenager has gone in my opinion. These songs show a new side to LP.
    As for the comment this album is 'just for the fans' I totally disagree. I think the public is going to embrace this new style perfectly, the people who WONT are the fans who like LP mainly for their 'metal' aspect.
    There's so little of the old structure, this album is fresh. Great stuff. The only thing I'd change is Mikes presence. I'd put him in more songs.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
    YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

3 of 5 is a good rating - i would give them 3 out of 5 too

As mentioned before - there are too many ballads on this album (and a lot of them aren't really that good that i would listen to them...like... all the time..)

but therefore - the non ballads are kicking ass - still an album worth buying!

Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

I'll see what my TV guide says about them :D

Jejune

Jejune Active Member

What IS the difference between talking rhythmically and rapping, anyway?

panza

panza Well-Known Member

being a drug-dealing-gangsta-ghetto afroamerican:rolleyes:

3/5 is allright, there are some really great songs on the album, some averege and some are really shit. I take this album as a step forward, they didn't have an idea, they were just finding themselves. But the next album should be really good.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

:lol::lol:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's exactly what I said after hearing Meteora...

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Before you made it seem like everyone who likes it is liking it because it's Linkin Park. But that statement settles everything.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

Yes, me too..i love Linkin Park..im a diehard, hardcore fan as well, and im happy with what they've done on this album..i KNEW Rick Rubin would do good. The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" (which Rubin produced) was amazing, and so is this. Fuck everyone who says "Rick Rubin sucks" (ex. Official LPMB). Linkin Park has just been "Rubinized"..deal with it! Chester's singing is really good too..Brad's solos on "In Pieces" and "The Little Things Give You Away" are good too..especially for it being his first time doing guitar solos. I really hope they make number 1 on the charts like all the other albums did.

DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I knew people would dislike the album. It's just a natural thing. But honestly Will, I'm pretty sure you were giving the album 2/5 even before you heard anything on it. I doubt you listened to it open-minded. Now, you could have done so and still given a 2/5, which I would respect. However, seeing your comments for the past month or so, you were unconsciously rating the album poorly.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Upon listening to the album last night, i mildly agree with the rating Kerrang! gave it. I haven't read the article, i'll go buy it tomorrow or something, but the rating is justifiable in my opinion.

In my opinion, it gets a very generous 6.5/10 from me. There are some really good songs, and some awful songs. I find the ballads boring, and i don't like the rapping, so that rules out a lot of them. I have nothing against ballads or rapping, but these do nothing for me. I'm disappointed, but hey.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Listen to it open-mindedly? The fact that he gave the album a full listen means he gave it open judgement.

And Will used to Admin at LPA, so really he's one of the few people I think WOULD listen to it open-minded.

In my opinion it's better to expect the worst and get something better than to expect the greatest album in the world and get Minutes to Midnight. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.