Kerrang! Reviews Minutes To Midnight

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Assume?

There are people out there like that. I am not fucking kidding. I've seen it, Will has, and I'm sure several others have too. Apparently, you haven't seen how ridiculous it gets.

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

I agree with it getting 3/5 but not necessary all the comments they've written

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I've been disappointed in everything Linkin Park has put out since Reanimation but I like this album.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Yes, but to assume that everyone who likes the album is like that is absurd. I'm proof of that.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

This is why you guys aren't on CNN.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the bundle from bandmerch. I pre-ordered the album from iTunes for the 2 exclusives (you have to pre-order the entire album to receive them). and me and the SO made a whole day out of Meteora, so it has signifigance. We are going Monday night, the 14th for a late dinner, movie and then to pick up the CD at midnight. Why question why I decide to buy 1 or even 10 copies of the CD? No offense, but aren't you the member that doesn't even like Linkin Park?

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

@Will, Yeah you are so better knowing and cool aren't you. Grow up, all the songs are great in their own way. It's just not all the same anymore, it's a mix.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I wouldn't say that if I were you. :lol:

It's Will's opinion. Let him keep it in his own way.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Seriously who cares if there's a lot of ballads on the album? Ever think that maybe LP WANTED to do the album like that? They finally got to express themselves without being held down by one kind of genre that they've been expected to have. I think this is how they wanted things to be and personally, I love the album. Yeah it's more mellow but who cares? If you like mellow, awesome, if you don't, DON'T BUY THE ALBUM AND LISTEN TO THEIR OLD STUFF.

Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

I Loved Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, and I have M2M preordered through Itunes, and after listening to it like 10 times....i love it too....I'm even going to to buy the DVD package. M2M is going to lose some of the hardcore numetal fans, but it's going to pick up alot of newer fans that also like coldplay, U2, Muse.....some of the lighter rock bands...and I'm not complaining...sounds good to me either way.

Radish

Radish Guest

this album is gonna be awesome. How could they diss Mikes rapping?..i think he's great. im not gonna rate it until i get the Cd myself

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I agree with you totally, although I haven't listened to the leaked album so I haven't heard the songs in their entirety.>_< But I definitley agree, and people need to stop being so hostile...it's a band (many of our favorite's band, mine included) but some of you are getting so upset at the CD and getting mad at each other, it's a little silly if you ask me...:ermm:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

the album has 12 songs;

1. "Wake" - 1:43
    2. "Given Up" - 3:11
    3. "Leave Out All the Rest" - 3:31
    4. "Bleed It Out" - 2:46
    5. "Shadow Of The Day" - 4:52
    6. "What I've Done" - 3:28
    7. "Hands Held High" - 3:55
    8. "No More Sorrow" - 3:43
    9. "Valentine's Day" - 3:18
    10. "In Between" - 3:18
    11. "In Pieces" - 3:30
    12. "The Little Things Give You Away" - 6:25

now, "leave out all the rest" is like sort of a ballad (from what i've heard), "in between" is a ballad, i guess, and "the little things give you away" is an acoustic ballad.

that makes 3; 3 out of 11 songs (excluding the intro) which are actually ballads. the album is not oversaturated with ballads as you guys are all saying.

"given up", "bleed it out", "shadow of the day" and "no more sorrow" are the more heavier songs - that makes 4.

"hands held high" is the hip hop highlight. "what i've done", "in pieces" and "valentine's day" are more ... poppier pieces.

isn't that enough variety for you all? :confused:

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Lol, the_chemist, I agree with you, too. It is a bit of a variety and everyone is just so dissapointed...i haven't listened to the album (and wont til may 15th) but everyone's comments are making me worried. :lol:
    But I definitley do like the direction Linkin Park are turning, I mean, I absolutley love their old sound, but I know that this will grow on me and I will enjoy it. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a diehard LP fan, I really think that this music will appeal to me. ^_^

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

I agree completely

samedirection

samedirection Member

I agree with whomever gave the album a 3.5K/5K. It's been said before, but another Hybrid Theory would have sucked. Two is enough.

By the way, could someone define ballad for me? Just anything a little less than mid-tempo? 'Cause I'm not convinced that there are all that many "ballads" on this album... Minutes to Midnight is just a bit slower-paced. Which is fine by me.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You didn't answer the question. But seriously, why three copies? Do you have a bad habit of losing things?

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Jesus, what's the big deal? Stop giving him shit because he's getting three copies. It's his money.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

What? It's not like I'm, "ZOMG UR WAISTNG UR MONEYYYYYYYYYYY". If anything, I'm just curious as to why someone would feel that they need three copies of one album.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I would say one for each hole, but it's a guy so nevermind.

He did sort of answer the question, though. From reading his answer, he's getting three different versions I think. The one with the bonus songs, the normal one and the DVD/CD combo. Some people like to collect. I could be wrong, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.