NBA Playoffs 2007

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Louis, Apr 16, 2007.

somekid

somekid Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if the rockets make the western conference finals. They need to improve on their rebounds though.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm from Dallas, so of course, the Mavs.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I'm a Nash fan, but since Nash left the Mavs a couple years back I think it'll be Mavs or Suns for the title.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

anybody catch the bulls/heat + warriors/mavs games last night? i kinda feel bad for the heat being down 3-0. they're gone. hope the warriors can pull off the upset. praying that the lakers win on sunday. :p

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I think Golden State is going to knock out the Mavericks.

I also don't like how the Heat are down 3-0. I'm praying that they make a come back. I doubt they will, because no one has won after being down 3-0. More power to them if they pull it off. :lol:

I don't think the Lakers are going to win on Sunday. Phoenix played badly after the 1st quarter and that's the only reason they lost. And of course, the Lakers played the Kobe game and he came out of the game with 45 points. The Suns aren't going to let another advantage like that slip away from them. No way. I see the Lakers getting out in two more games.

Version One

while the suns had an off night, give credit to their high screen and roll d. we know the lakers aren't a good defensive team but they stepped it up. kobe had a quiet 45 that night with a lot of points coming off drives and dribble pentration. the game was won by big performances from kwame and odom. i feel that if kwame and odom can play at a high level again, with kobe being kobe and there being that same intensity on defense, they have a shot.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I'm from France so go Tony Parker lol. Seriously, do the Spurs have got a chance?
    (I really don't know anything about the NBA)

Louis

Yeah, Lakers definitely took control and played pretty well defensively. I was surprised to see that. Odom and Parker did really well.

They have a shot, but it's a long one. I think the Suns are going to take this series in 5 or 6 games. I'll be disappointed if it has to go to 6 games. I'll be ashamed of the Suns if it goes to 7.

Version One

the spurs have a good chance. they're a perennial contender.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

I'm a Bulls fan.

Yeah, I said it.

Louis

I think Denver is going to beat the Spurs.

Man, I really do hope that Golden State takes out Dallas, and that Denver takes out San Antonio. If that happens, it's straight shot to the Finals for the Phoenix Suns. That'd be great.

And personally, besides the Detroit Pistons, they are the team that deserves it the most. You guys think otherwise, but they are the best team in the league without a doubt. They have proved that they can beat any team. No team has an answer for Amare Stoudemire and no team has an answer for Leandro Barbosa's speed. I really hope this team takes it all this year.

And if you don't think the Suns deserve it, Steve Nash does. He's one of the best team players and he has taken the Suns far. He deserves an NBA title.

Version One

a bit disappointed that the lakers lost today but if the warriors win today i'll be content. sucks to be the heat. haha.

i don't think denver will beat the spurs, and i could care less who wins that series.

if denver and gs both win, the suns for sure. but they'd be criticized for their easy path to the title (not having to play dallas or sa).

the suns definitely deserve it. last year they lost from fatigue and the lack of amare. i think amare's kinda overrated though. it's nash that's making this dude and everyone on that team look like a million bucks. amare has improved vastly on ft and mid range game, but one on one he didn't do anything today. most of his points came from nice nash passes and contested or open jumpers. he's still good though (although cocky as hell).

i do believe that nash deserves a title, as well as another mvp award. he makes the suns the lethal threat that they are.

of the spurs, mavs, and suns, i'd want the suns to win the most. definitely don't want the pistons either. but of course, i'm still going to root for the lakers.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I think this year finals will be : Spurs vS Pistons .

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I believe you mispelled BULLS.

Louis

Everybody, say good-bye to Dallas.

Golden State is up 3-1.

I wish the Heat hadn't lost. Oh well.

And how about them Suns?

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Fuck....Dallas is choking.

The Bulls sweeping the Heat...amazing.

The Suns owning the Lakers...also amazing. Steve Nash is a device created by God personally to kick everybody's ass.

Louis

No, no, no. Steve Nash is God. :lol:

Version One

the last 6 minutes of that warriors game. wow. that crowd is nuts. and the warriors made stop after stop, shot after shot. it was nuts. hope they don't blow the lead like the lakers did last year against the suns.

Louis

They won't. Dallas' confidence is shaken. They can't win this series. Golden State won't let them because of how confident they've become. They know now: they can beat the #1 team in the NBA.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

The Mavericks will not win this series...

Why? Because Golden State's head coach, Don Nelson, is the former head coach of the Mavs. He pretty much taught Avery Johnson everything and knows how the Mavs play.

In short: They were fucked since the beginning.

Last edited: May 1, 2007