What I've Done (Live at Best Buy Studios)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ParkerRanda

ParkerRanda New Member

LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

I actually liked the perfromance.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I liken this to how everyone felt after the radio quality version of WID was released, then they heard the CD version and were much happier. I think once they actually get out there it will be the same thing, they'll pick up the energy, we'll be happy, and everyone's lives will return to normal.

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

Not bad, i don't know about Chester's vocals, they were kind of off, like all over the place.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was that bad. Pretty good actually. It's a difficult song to sing so you can't blame Chester. As for the backing tracks, I don't know why you guys are freaking out now. In case you haven't notcied LP uses some sort of backing track in almost every song they play live. Now I just have to wait until the audio format of this comes out because I really like the live version.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Same.

fatedreality

fatedreality Member

I agree completely :)! Also I know this is a little off topic but I just checked up on MTV's Battle of the Videos and Linkin Park is in the LEAD RIGHT NOW! I can't believe it! I thought for sure there was no chance they would catch up to Evanescence but way to go lp fans =D!

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Well I didn't think it was as bad as everyone is making out.
    I wasn't suprised by the piano being sampled, but I was disappointed with the part of Robs drumming the chose to use a backing track for.
    The parts they did play I thought were spot on, and I had no problem with Chesters vocals.

If you take a look in the video, mikes keyboard is sitting there, which implies that in one of the other two AOL sessions he'll be playing keys on a song.

And I cant get Parker Randa's video to play either.

:cloud:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Overall, Chester's vocals was the only thing I didn't have a problem with. Mike's gotta work on that 'na na na.." I guess they looked a little 'depressed' because there wasn't a crowd with the energy to feed off of. Anyhow, it wasn't a horrible performance..just bland.

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

I think the live version of What I've Done sounds pretty good. Needs more bass though. Also, where is the limited edition, with the hardcover book and all the content, on that Best Buy link? I can't find it.

blank_space

blank_space Member

Chester's voice was fixed during that performance. You can hear it best right when he goes into the Chorus saying "what i've..." . MCR had their voices controlled too on the AOL sessions for the Black Parade. It's so obvious. I wonder if the studios make them do this or is it their choice?

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Everything sounded fake. =/ Like with the backing vocals and the instuments already recorded... umm... yeah leave that shit for the pop artists. It was just a little too perfect for me. Well... I could hear Chester actually singing though.. and if if it wern't for them parts where he changed his voice just a bit I would of def. thought it was pre recorded. Or maybe... the song is just too simple for them. ? I don't know. I liked the performances though... I hate those aol sessions though cuz their just too fake.

Derek

Scarlet listen to the AOL version in the other news post, its far better and doesn't sound as fake.

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

Hmm.. So is the Best Buy pre-order and LP Band Merch pre-order different in any way?

What would you guys prefer?

_darkstar_

_darkstar_ Active Member

hmmm

I don't understand you guys. You are treating LP like their freaking gods and they have to be perfect 100% of the time. So they had one mediocre performance. Their only human. Ya gotta admit though, Chester looked smoking hot. :p

Derek

Take that back or be banned right now. No teenies are allowed. I hope you were being sarcastic.

_darkstar_

_darkstar_ Active Member

so Im not allowed to state my opinion? I just stated that I thought that he looked hot. I am a female. Im allowed to like men. right? geez...

Derek

Not on here when it comes to the band member's looks, of course had you paid attention to that little "I agree" section when you signed up you'd know that. Maybe you should've read the rules before saying it.

They are old enough to probably be your father. It's disgusting. And for the record, they are not hot at all. Not even close.

*EDIT* Here, I'm going to click the link on the forums again to make you 'accept the rules again'. You must've ignored them when you signed up at first.

_darkstar_

_darkstar_ Active Member

I have seen plenty of ppl say the same thing on here and you werent jumping all over them about it. I dont want to fight with you. Sorry that I broke the rules. What I dont get though is that ppl can cuss on here but we cant say that someone is good looking? How is it disgusting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.