Bullet For My Valentine to pull a Trivium?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by androidkaita, Apr 15, 2007.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

All they need to work on is their lyrics, in my opinion. :lol: Some of those were really embarrassing.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Agreed.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I swear to Bob, if they stop screaming, I'm going to be one pissed-off motherfucker.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Ditto.

What is it with this whole thrash revival? I mean, I wouldn't mind so much if it actually sounded decent. Eh, I guess it's not so much the music itself that pisses me off, but if the vocals sound anything like The Crusade, I'll also be one pissed-off motherfucker.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't see BFMV going down the same route as Trivium. Percides even if they do, Matt Tuck can actualy sing quite well, Matt Heafy just sounds like a constapated dog on steroids.

a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

If an "older, thrashier" sound means more songs in the vein of Her Voice Resides and No Control, then i'm all for it.

If it results in The Crusade pt.2 then :(

thought what is it with metal bands going for an '80s sound now? *wonders if this is going to be the next wave of metalcore and/or nu-metal*

I mean Trivium,Machine Head, BFMV and Avenged Sevenfold have all done it, I wonder who will be next to jump on the bandwagon....

Daniel

Her Voice Resides is thrash?

Eh, I'd rather that no-one else jumps on the bandwagon tbh.

androidkaita

I liked Her voice resides and No Control, so if more songs sound like that, than thats good too. I just really dont want them to stop screaming, just like most of you

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

I would totally hate it when they do the same as trivium, I was a huge trivium fan untill the Crusade, now lets hope bfmv doesnt do the same

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Not to mention The Showdown. I mean, Temptation Come My Way is a good album, but it's nowhere near as good as A Chorus Of Obliteration.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

With all the trouble Matt has with his voice, presumabley because of screaming, and because of what has just been said in that interview. I doubt they'll much, if any screaming.

I wouldn't mind if bands stopped screaming, but when they do, they seem to change the entire sound of the band completely.

Like Trivium, 'Dying in Your Arms' had no screaming in it, except for the bridge, and that song in my opinion was an amazing track, if they stopped screaming but kept a similar sound to that I would have stayed interested in the band. Or Avenged Sevenfold, 'I Won't See You Tonight' is a great track, if they stopped screaming and kept writing in that similar vien (I don't mean writing an album full of 9 minute long epics, but using his actual singing voice still aposed to trying to sound like Axl Rose and Bruce Dickenson all the time) I probably would have still kept interest.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The thing that makes me say they wont stop screaming is because at the concert I went to in January they played one of their new songs. It had screaming in it aswell as an awesome guitar solo. Of course much could have changed since then but I think they'll still scream.

androidkaita

Was that the song scream aim and fire?

Metal_God

Metal_God Member

Yeah. I hope not. Trivium's new album is nowhere near as good as their older one's, and the "taking idea's from the news" thing is interesting, but kind of cheesy. I think Trivium going to go back to their old sound, and I don't think BFMV will change their sound. They don't need to.

androidkaita

What makes you think Trivium go back to their old sound? ever since they made the Crusade, they've been metallicas best friends.:lol:

Metal_God

Metal_God Member

Haha. Well, Metallica going back to their old style, too. Solos are back and, apparently, the old Metallica's back. I think Trivium'll realize that they made a huge screw up, then it's back to old Trivium. Hopefully.

androidkaita

I hope so too, but I doubt it

Daniel

I guess I wouldn't mind AS much if BFMV stopped screaming, so long as they didn't completely and utterly change their sound.

And like Adam said, yeah, Matt (Heafy) had to stop screaming because of his voice and whatever, but his normal singing voice is actually halfway decent. Case in point, "The End" from the Roadrunner United CD, or, as Adam said, Dying in Your Arms. It's just when he tries too hard to sound like James Hetfield that he sucks :lol:

Chrono

Chrono Well-Known Member

lyrics aren't near as important as being able to play your instrument. i would much rather listen to the instruments in a song than listen to the lyrics. i agree their lyrics could use a little work but personally i don't feel like it hurts the band very much.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007