Papercut For Hardcore LP Fans?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LP Tekkie, Apr 15, 2007.

LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

Home come every show I've listened to since Meteora came out, Mike always asks the crowd if they're hardcore Linkin Park fans before they play Papercut? He did this at the show I went to during the Meteora world tour, on Live in Texas, and a ton of other shows. Anybody know?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Part of the stage show. He always asks this before Papercut. Probably because it was the first song off the first album.

MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

It's a big song... umm and he's just crazy. Or it's like his favorite so uhh yeah... I'm done.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think that may have been the most constructive post. Ever.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Well there are certain songs that take a little bit of preparation time in terms of roadies having to set up stuff, give brad a different guitar etc. and Papercut i believe is one of those. So Mike talking before Papercut is probably just a way of killing time while that happens.
    You'll find that the stage show will stay pretty much the same for any given show in a particular tour. When they came here to Cardiff they said all the same stuff they said in Manchester two days earlier.

semiHYBRIDITY

semiHYBRIDITY Active Member

Well, yeah, that could explain it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

well, in the same way, they always dedicate "with you" to the pit and they always have the crowd sing half of "crawling" (and to "sing along with chester" on "in the end") and, most importantly, they always ask for the "biggest pit [they've] ever seen" when they play "a place for my head" ... that's just how LP roll. :cool:

"papercut" is sort of one of those songs that is associated with the old-school LP fans; so it's dedicated to the hardcore fans. ;) however it relates, whenever i think of "papercut" and "one step closer", those are the songs i most strongly associate with the name "hybrid theory" and the album cover.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
    Good Night Witness Light

Good Night Witness Light Member

It's part of his spiel/routine.

Radish

Radish Guest

Probably because Papercut is like one of their favourite songs to play. After all remember Mike saying that Papercut was the song that descirbed their style the best?

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I agree with Neil.

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

Mike continued the trend at the NY show friday night.

Pr3D

Pr3D Active Member

I guess if you develop a great routine that gets the crowd going then stick with it.

I love how on live in texas just before i think it was pushing me away Chester tells all the musicians in the crowd to preservere and that one day they'll be up there with LP and the other headline acts. Makes someone you idolised growing up seem that little more human. If you know what i mean :)

Glitch1138

Glitch1138 Member

It's just like how a lot of times before they play Faint, mike says "This song is called 'Faint'" a little redundant, but its just sort of what they do.