Linkin Park: A Changed Act?

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    hovat

hovat Member

Don't worry about it people. Just wait till the album comes out and see how it is. Dont speculate about what it will be like, because it probably wont come out that way.

If your really worried about it, then resort to downloading it and see if you like it, then go buy it if you do.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Chester did seem a little too leathery in the video. :lol:

Kobe #24

Kobe #24 Well-Known Member

well i know of someone who was actually invited to a private listening party yesterday for the album

basically they said that the intro is only like 30 secs, chester is definitly the lead singer now. she said more. ask me any more q's you might have and i can ask her for you

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

What was the chorus like in In Between? How did it go, roughly?

Kobe #24

ok ill ask her however she did say they were not told the title of the tracks, and only had them played for them. she does know their different songs so she might know. ill give it a shot

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Isn't Mike singing in In Between? I'm sure it'd be quite obvious.

Kobe #24

yea ur right. she did mention that his voice was "quite nice" but she almost wasnt feelin his stuff as much as chesters. regardless ill try and find out some lyrics for that song

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

I think people are misunderstanding the idea of political songs. It's one thing to push a particular agenda, such as Green Day's decidedly anti-Bush "American Idiot," or some of the stuff by NoFX, or things like System of a Down's "Boom".

But what Linkin Park appears to be doing is just raising the social awareness of non-agenda political/social topics. They're talking about the impact of war in general, about the stark contract in the world between the rich and the poor, about the impact of natural disasters. From all that I've read and heard, they're not saying you should believe in certain ideas, but that you should be aware of your world and what happens to people who may not be like you.

I think fans hear "politics" and immediately think they're trying to be convinced to accept an actual political position on abortion or the war or gay marriage when, in reality, the band is simply trying to say: "The world needs our help. We should look around and see what's going on and make sure that our brothers and sisters are okay."

chazychaz6287

chazychaz6287 Member

does any1 feel other than me that maybe Linkin Park will bash the government in some way, but it will be subtle, or through clues, or thats how we may take it?

not "f*ck the government"

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That girl was lying Kobe, they were definitely told the title of the tracks. It's how Malaysian newspapers knew which songs were what. =)

darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

LP

It was said the album has a political hint. But tell me, when you heard "What I've Done", did any of you connect it to politics before the video? To me that songs just about facing what you've become and changing. it relates to a lot of things. It's like From The Inside. The video had a bit of a political hint but would that have been said if the video was never released at all? I think it's fine to have a political hint. But I think a lot of the songs are still left as variables in a sense that you can relate em to whatever. That's what LP has always been about. The whole variable meaning thing.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I have one more thing to say.

If Muse can make a relatively political album without it sucking (Black holes & Revelations), then so can Linkin Park.

Maybe. :lol:

lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

Precisely! Personally, i think they've done enough of the "why is life like this?" songs - i was actually starting to grow a little sick of it. The stuff off Minutes to Midnight sounds fresh and original, and definitely more mature. We are all getting older too and they need to fulfill our lyrical need as well. Not all of us are young teens now...some are starting to get into their late teens. We are needing something new and this is it. And Im liking it.
    I dont think it will be like green day...they aren't subtle enough. But LP has the intelligence to put clues in their lyrics, or to hint things so we can have different thoughts when we listen to their songs depending on our mood, etc. Seriously - who thought of all the things in the What Ive Done video with only hearing the lyrics?

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I don't like my music to be political, but I'm going to stand by Linkin Park the whole way
    I'm definitely going to buy the album, and knowing me enjoy it a lot, but ill probably be a little annoyed that they are being political...but it wont be the whole album so..
    LP=LOVE

Kobe #24

im not so sure she was lying. she is pretty reliable. plus the party she was at was in los angeles. both rob and brad were there and talked about the songs but as far as i know no title were mentioned. i dont know why she got invited but i dont think it was quite the same thing as it was in malaysia

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm gonna tell you what I tell every other person who posts a story like this.

No one will believe what you are saying unless there is proof.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

:blink: Dude..........harsh! :cry: Aleast they're not wearing make.... oh wait. Chester does, I forgot. Well there is ummm :ermm:

:cry: not cool! *stomps away*

Kobe #24

well not to be rude but how i can give proof when it wasnt even myself that was there. if you want i can post the exact things she told me and you can judge her descriptions for yourself.

what i can tell you (although with no proof) is that she was indeed at listening party down here in LA yesterday with both rob and brad and about 30 people in total.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Exactly. I was 14 when Hybrid Theory came out. By the time MTM comes out I'll be 21 and done with my junior year of college.

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

yeah i'm the same age, and i agree. it's about time lp grew up. plus there's already too much "why is my life so crappy" or "she doesn't love me" music out lately. The radio is plagued with emo crap. I'm glad NIN's new music and hopefully a few of LP songs will bring politics back into music. With everything that's going on in the world, you would think this would have happened sooner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.