Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

one girl i know posted this at another forum. here's what she wrote:

I hope what I'm about to write doesn't spoil it for anyone (particularily you, lakerzkb8) ...

The studio was in Hollywood and yes, we had to leave all belongings in the car, couldn't even bring a purse in at all. There were about 15 of us there, we sat and listened to the album then Brad and Rob did a Q&A with us. I was seriously bummed that Mike wasn't there but it was great hearing Brad and Rob's take on the songs and recording process.

First off, this is not "Linkin Park", this is a new band comprised of the same guys. That's the best way to describe it, it reminded me sort of the Beatles white album because it was so different and used so many new ideas that you would not even begin to think.

Rob specifically said they didn't want to complete a triology of works, in other words Meteroa was so similar in sound to Hybrid Theory that they wanted something totally different.

The first thing that struck me is how little you hear Mike vocally. In the past, he's almost 50/50 with Chester but now Chester is the lead singer, period. There were two of the eleven that I remember Mike being the dominant voice and rapping, but that was it. There was one song where Mike was actually singing, I'd heard he has a good singing voice so it was nice to hear it.

Brad said that their tastes have changed so they allowed their music to evolve with them. He, personally, likes indie music so he wrote a lot of songs with no guitar at all, which is strange since he's the guitarist. By the way, I don't think he's cut his hair since Meteroa - it's a huge afro!

The first single is a good bridge between the LP that we know and what we're about to hear. I'd say there was only one other song with a "harder" rock sound. It's much more alternative and almost zero hip hop.

There are some sounds in there that stand out, like one song that had an old-school Metallica feel to it, one with a marching-band drum cadance sound, etc.

Someone asked if they were going to be making a move towards having a political voice, if anyone has seen their first video you understand the question. Brad said they all have very different views but their one unifying opinion is in support of the victims of natural disasters. He didn't say it, but as an example, Katrina, which you hear reference to in one of the songs.

Rob said they made it to be listened to all together. There is no one song they like any better than the others, they really want it to be heard altogether. They were both so excited that we sat there and heard the whole thing from beginning to end, that was how they designed it to be heard and hope that people will llisten to it like that rather than just download one song onto their iPod and that's it.

There is going to be 3 different versions released: regular albumn, special edition and then one with a lot of artwork and it going to be VERY expensive (Brad jokingly said it was going to be $50,000).

The guys were nice and you can tell they are really, really excited about the songs. It's one that you really have to let roll around in your head for a while, I feel like I need to hear it a few more times to truly understand it, but that won't be for about 5 weeks. lol

Totally amazing experience, I am sooooo glad I got to go!!

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

No source... no new info...

3. John

i understand, but i believe her, she wouldn't lie about it.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Still, no source, no new info, no reason to post in 'Got News?' about it. Read the first post of the thread. Needs a source (a credible one at that).

5. John

sorry. won't happen again.

6. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

7. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Mike Shinoda radio interview with WRIF 101, courtesy of the LPTimes.

8. lpxqwerty33

lpxqwerty33 Well-Known Member

9. jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

Btw the important thing to point out from this article is that "What I've Done" is a transition from old to new, which suggests that the rest of the album is much more different.

10. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

That's awesome.

11. lpxqwerty33

12. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I already listened. I think we know all the major bands we need to know, so we'll probably wait till they make the official announcement.

13. lpxqwerty33

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  14. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

15. Robot Man

Reuters has an article about Linkin Park and Minutes To Midnight here.

16. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Also here;

http://lptimes.com/news2007/april/news04072007.html

Here's the important info:

"A handful of tracks played for Billboard are proof of the band's stylistic ambitions. "Leave Out All the Rest" has an arena-ready chorus accented by drum machine beats, while "Shadow of the Day" shoots for a "With or Without You"-level ballad sure to inspire plenty of lighter-waving. Elsewhere, the six-minute-plus "The Little Things You Give Away" references a city "washed away as a nation simply stares" as multitracked a cappella voices fill the mix. Bennington gets prominent scream time on "What the F-- Is Wrong With Me," which flexes the band's more extreme sonic inklings."

What I've Done Single CD: http://www.linkin-park.it/e107_images/newspost_images/wihd_cd.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  17. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

From LinkinPark.com: MTV has a new project called “MTV Battle of the Videos” and Linkin Park’s video for “What I’ve Done” will be in the running starting tomorrow, Friday, April 6th at 10:00am. Each week, videos that are in rotation are set to battle against each other and viewers are asked to go vote for their favorite video at www.mtvbattleofthevideos.com. The winning video will be aired 4 different times the following week after the voting during the day on MTV and MTV2. Linkin Park will be up against Evanescence and Lil Mama. Voters will have until Monday, April 16TH to vote for their favorite video. Don’t forget to vote for Linkin Park tomorrow starting at 10:00am!

http://www.mtvbattleofthevideos.com/

18. Robot Man

You're a little too late. :lol:

19. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah.. damn :lol: I just posted it so there could be a chance.

20. Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

anyone post about the new LP.COM site? looks like a smaller version of whats to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.