What I've Done - Fully Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Hahninator, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    NicoOrc

NicoOrc Member

Great!! Thx LPA!
    To bad Mike doesn't sing but Chester does it GREAT on his own.

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

Site not working. Would anyone be so kind to help me hear this song?

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

It's on YouTube.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Omg, i love this song. i searched it on YouTube and they had an almost complete version of it and i got so excited. I cant wait for tomorrow to hear a high quality version!! Cant wait for Minutes to Midnight, exactly a week before my b-day!!
    *jumps around in excitement*
    <3

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The song is great but I hope there's some even better stuff on the album. I think the fact that I've heard so many clips from this song has taken away the 'holy shit' factor from when I heard the first thing.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The very first part of the intro is cut off, compare how the rips tarts to how the loop on linkinpark.com is.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I think KRQQ just missed their world premiere.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Good! :D

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

the more I listen the better it gets :D

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I agree :D

LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the low quality of the rip, or what...to me, it's just not good at all. It's not that it's not classic LP, it's just not a good song to me. It doesn't climax at all, and I agree with some the others that have said that it just kind of ends. I don't know, I'll buy it from iTunes tomorrow to give it another listen in high quality, but right now, I give it 2 out of 10.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

That's how I feel. I was also thinking in the shower (as I am want to do on occasion) that if this is the "worst song" on the CD (which is very possible), then this is going to be their best album so far.

Rube Ranter

I'm not a huge fan of the song, it's good, love the new direction but the absence of Mike is a trend I believe we'll see with the rest of the album.

We will certainly see Mike rap...that's a given. I just don't feel we'll see him in every song like almost every other album. He's a big part of the band and probably contributed a lot in song writing and what not as well as intrumental, but from them describing the new sound, I'm interested to see where rap fits in and what not, and this song being their definititive example of their new sound, I think represents we won't see as much as of Mike in past albums.

Anyways, good song, Will play it to death over the next couple of weeks and probably ruin the song, but oh well. It's not my favorite, but I'm really digging the "calmness" of the song. It's like saying "we don't need to have screaming, metal-rock" to move people. This song is pretty powerful sounding. I like what Rick has done with them. It's definitely just them out there.

zzfaugc

zzfaugc Well-Known Member

It sounds great. I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow when there is a full digital version available.
    Out of respect for the band, I'm probably going to go ahead and purchase it. However, I'm going to wait and see if I can get it at CD quality first. I don't want to have to settle for AAC quality from iTunes.

As far as the climax, you have to listen pretty closely. If you have a subwoofer in your computer speakers, you can tell in the bridge where the drumming gets a little deeper before it goes into the final chorus

I also like where they are going with the lyrics. Personally, I think it is an improvement over what they have put out thus far and I am looking forward to the rest of the album when it comes out.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I've heard the song (un-clear version) is on youtube, but I didn't hear it cause I believed lpassociation.com would post the CD quality version.

Where is it, was it removed?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It wasn't removed, we never had the CD version. We had the radio rip and we took it down.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

no it's only the bad quality rip

CD quality hasn't surfaced yet...

Rube Ranter

I was about to post, I'm listening and I felt there was A LOT of bass in this song. The song is just really powerful, the climax doesn't necessarily just go off like One Step Closer or any of the old songs. It's very gradual, you hear the drums and the bass build up at the end end and then hear the final chorus. Again, very calm but yet really powerful.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

That's the same way I see it. This song does exactly what a first single should do.

It's a solid, catchy, radio friendly song and like a lot of first singles probably doesn't capture the full scope of the album. Kinda reminds me of One Step Closer as the first single. With OSC LP was trying to establish themselves as rock band and threw out their hardest song and played it safe.

This time around LP is one of the biggest bands in the world. They're intent on mixing up their sound after freeing themselves from the shackles of Don Gilmore. But they don't want to shock the world with their first single. A transition song is needed to pull old fans back in and possibly make some new ones. What I've done will do that. It's a nice safe song that probably doesn't capture the full scope of the album.

Meaning this album has a chance to be just as sick as HT (although in a completely different way). And considering the reviews from AOL Music and elsewhere, we have good reason to believe that.

20. raiyu

raiyu Active Member

yeah it's a good song, i still wish they stuck to their roots though ... to me so far, this song just seems like alternative rock mixed with popular rock with very little feeling or inspiration to it. so yeah it's a good song, but i'm used to linkin park putting out phenomenal songs ... there's a reason they've been my favorite band for 7 years (just worried they're not going to retain the title this year is all)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.