Potential Projekt Revolution Line-up?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

You tell us. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The next time anyone calls something emo I think we should just hand out warnings.

The word is thrown around like a cheap hooker. It's hardly used in its true context anymore. MCR aren't emo, neither are LP.

Emo's true meaning has been lost to the winds.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I wish I knew. :(

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

True.

We now live in a world where if a teen goes to school in black more than once a week, people bash him as an 'emo'.

Derek

More a matter of like...where is this unmissible lineup?

Unmissable would be including bands like Incubus, 30 Seconds to Mars, and some classic bands that have been around for a couple of decades, like some AC/DC and shit.

Throwing in a gender confused rock band, and another band that would be bottled to death by LP's "non scene" tolerating fans, is not my idea of an unmissable lineup. I am hoping the guy from MCR was going off of some old info, and that half of these bands since that time..have been dropped.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Incidentally, anyone know when that article was dated? :rolleyes:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I would shit a damn brick if an older band appeared on Projekt Revolution. It's just not something that would fit it with LP's younger audience. Reunited Police or Genesis? They wouldn't know what to think.

Even a Rage or Smashing Pumpkins looks out of place on this sort of bill. This is the best bill for their target audience. But for me, atleast, it doesn't satisfy my interest at all, nor does it make me want to attend. Oh well.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Incubus would be awsome especially if they played some older stuff. That stuff was a lot harder (not that Anna Molly was bad or anything).

BTW Nice touch with the clock on the homepage guys. My desktop countdown is almost made obsolete.

Derek

Who gives a shit about their target audience.

Personally I'd pay BIG DOLLARS to see either Smashing Pumpkins or Rage reunite for this tour. That would officially make it the most incredible festival tour ever. Otherwise its some shitty summer festival that will be quickly forgotten till next year.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I would hope that the people that organize this tour gives a shit about the target audience. You don't want to push away LP's fans just to bring on the bill a Rage or Smashing Pumpkins, bands that would only draw in a few extra hundred/thousand fans. The "older" bands are obsolete these days, they're just a relic. The newer bands, the Taking Back Sunday's, the My Chemical Romance's, these are the bands that people (read: teenagers) will pay to see.

I know very few 13/14/15 year olds (which is, admit it, LP's target audience) that would pay to see Rage or the Pumpkins. I know even less that know just who the hell they are.

EdGreene

I don't even know if I should really care 'cause they probably aren't coming to NC anytime soon... then again who is?

Answer: No one.

Derek

In a way though Casey, I think LP are trying to get an older audience.

I say this from the more mature sound, the crazy hair/lack of a 'pop' appearance, plus the vintage rock and roll style they've been trying to achieve as of lately. It all seems to be geared towards adults and not whiny 13 year old kids.

My Violent Heart

People have been becoming more stupid by the minute on these forums ever since that faithful day the album's name was released. Seriously, now we're arguing about what bands Linkin Park wants on their lineup. Am i the only one who thinks this is moronic? I mean, who the fuck cares if HIM is going to be touring with Linkin Park? You guys are all acting like the band has converted their religions over to some satanic tribe. If you plan on going to a tour.. you have to lean to accept its lineup. A band cannot make everyone happy. Okay, so basically people were talking about how 2004's was amazing. Basically.. I didn't think it much. I don't really enjoy Korn, but I still would have gone to the show for the other bands and Linkin Park, of course. Seriously, if you want to go to Projekt revolution, stop thinking about the bands and start thinking about the show. its going to be fucking fun, anyways. And many of you people are pissing me off with the way you are throwing the word 'emo' at some bands. I know some of you people might not be into that, or the 'scene' scene, but please, learn to deal with the fact that Linkin Park cant make everyone happy. There were people who liked the other lineups, and there were people who hated them too. Im sure that there are people out there who love this lineup as well. Personally, i like it [although i do not listen to Billy Talent]

But yeah. Learn to respect a band, no matter what it is, because they make music for their fans, and thats something we all need to appreciate.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but they just can't burst out of the gate with a new appearance and try to target older audiences. Their younger fans (which is the majority of their fanbase) will see the new look, and hear the new sound, and feel betrayed. That's how fan backlash happens. That kind of evolution takes time.

EDIT: someone missed the point completely.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I agree with Casey, bringing in Billy Talent is a really bad idea.

The ideal Linkin Park fan is what, between 13-19 years old?

Derek

This entire rant would've been mature had you not used the word retarded, which had you read the rules you would've known is not welcome here.

One point for you.

My Violent Heart

My bad. Not trying to be mature in a way either, i suppose. Basically it pisses me off when people do this stuff.

EDIT: changed the word. Sorry for the slur.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

What are we supposed to do? Follow what Linkin Park does, blindly, and never, ever object to their decisions on sound, lyrics, opening acts, etc.?

They have a word for that. It's called teenie. And, my friend, I am not one of those. My apologies for the way you feel, but I naturally object to anything Linkin Park does it seems. :lol:

EdGreene

So for the last 8 months I haven't been their ideal fan? Wh-wh-why? I-I-I have all their CD's and DVD's. I even have the crappy Breaking the Habit DVD! I joined the LPU this year! Wh-wh-what do I have to do to earn their love? waaaaaa!

And sarcasm over.

20. Derek

It pisses me off too but part of what makes our forums so unique is how strongly opinionated everyone is

A large percentage of the fans here protest this lineup, so hopefully LP will be browsing this thread and see this, because putting bands like these, who do not match LP's established fan base could create backlash for the band and for this tour. They honestly need to think things through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.