The Meaning of 'Midnight' & More

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I tried to do that with Meteora. I kept it in my My Documents for a little while and told myself I wouldn't listen to it. then I just played a snippet of each song, then I decided to just listen to the live versions, then I played 2-3 songs, then I just caved and listened to all of it repeatedly until I went and bought the CD (first one in line, lol)

jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

Meh. I'll be listening to the live versions before anyone anyway. =) Unless of course, they pull another LPU tour. I'm going to Bamboozle!

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

I'm not going to download it, i'm gonna buy it, i like to have the cd in my hands, its more special lol.

Oceanic

Oceanic Member

I'm going to download it and if I like it [which I know I will], I'll go out and buy it on May 15.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If I remember correctly, Meteora was leaked about a week in advance, like someone said. I was on the LPMB when it happened. Some guy got ahold of the CD because he knew someone at a music store close to him that had gotten it early. We all begged him ripp it and upload it to a server. I believe I still have all of the PM's that were sent to me over there because people were asking me how I got ahold of it.

I've already told myself I'm not listening to anything but the single. This is the only LP site that I visit and I know the LPA aren't gonna host the new CD if/when it leaks.

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

i will probably just download the single but nothing more, beacause want to buy the cd to see the artwork on it,

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Next time someone uses all of the band smilies I may just hang myself.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be tough not d/ling it if it leaks, esp. with the douchebags on here that do download it and brag that "Oh, I got it <here> and it sounds so INSANE" like I know there will be.

Even though you can't post links or anything... I'm sure n00bs will. And they'll get banned.

And I'll laugh.

Suck it, all who can't wait. Suck it. :rolleyes:

Does it count if they're in your sig, Derek? lol

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:lol:

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

didn't phoenix say that he or someone in LP have been at lpassociation.com a cuple of times. i wonder if someone in the band have been here lately to chech out our comment to those news

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They probably have. They're probably laughing at everyone being unable to wait 2-3 weeks XD.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

if you think about it... 3 weeks isnt long at all. we've waited this long - 3 weeks isnt going to change anything. just be excited you've definately got something to look forward too

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Nah, they'll find LP fans cute :blush: :lol::D :lol:

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

hopefully i can get around the more raw guitars and the untripled vocals, because i liked the futuristic, more teched sound of LP. i'm sure the musicality and song writing will make up for everything though, because mike is an effin genius. the rest of the band is pretty fresh too :)

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Darn it, Why can't i make myself forget all about this until like a day before, Save my nerves from wearing out :p

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

haha, that is exactly how i feel. i am telling myself i will wait until the album comes out to listen to it [maybe the night before]. i pre-ordered meteora and actually got it on the UK release date by chance, so i was enjoying it the day before it officially released in US. that was nice, so if it does leak, i may check it out the night before and of course ensure i buy a copy the next day :) i will probably play the single out like i did w it SIB, but i still love that song, although it took a while for me to be able to listen to it again after the album came out. i actually think i may be able to hold off on the album since i did with meteora. i can see previewing some live versions maybe just to see how it may sound. i am particularly interested in that 6 minute song with a solo :)

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

dude meteora leaked 2-3 weeks before. hardcore LP traders had that stuff weeks before ^_^

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think many albums don't leak before release dates these days. :lol:

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

well i would only get the single if it leaked but like some other people have said i want the cd myself to just hold in my hands ^^

20. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I hope it leaks soon. I won't wait 2 weeks until the CD comes to Chile. I'm definitively gonna download it and listen it again and again. Obviously, I'll buy it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.