Shinoda: Disc Narrowed to 16-18 Tracks

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Because without hope...we are but gerbils.
    I'm setting the over/under at 43 minutes, and I for once will be optomistic and take the over.

SparkyLP

SparkyLP New Member

waaa cool news

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

gee...this is taking too long!! My patience is running out. They should've just told us to wait till the end of the year, but release it in march/april/may so that it didn't feel as if we waited THAT long, know what i mean? XD

But in the end, this is all for a good cause! Taking their time to perfect the album heheh.
    I seriously can't wait.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Old news - Phoenix said about 16 songs in December in the LPA interview ;)

LP hasn't done that much since then is what I'm thinking. They probably tore apart some songs and fixed a couple of things and are mixing now, but that's about it.

Come the f*** on >_<

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I wonder if they really are at where they say they are at. I mean, maybe they are further along than they make it seem and are testing the waters, making everyone antsy, and then when the release the release date, it'll be sooner than we all thought? just wishful thinking I guess, lol

mrn!n.@ftr

mrn!n.@ftr Member

Well this sounds amazing, Shinoda has lyrically evolved so much for a rap artist.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I'm assuming 16 tracks. I really believe the first track on the album will be a long intro that turns into a song. I also think there will be an intermission instrumental at the halfway point. My spidey sense never fails :innocent:
    (Except on an album release date that I swear will be in 2008 and/or beyond)

As far as the title goes, self-titled. It seems as though the band can't agree on one so I say, re-define your name with the new sound.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I still despise the lack of patience...

There are worse things to be upset about, I'd say.

Oh well.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly.

Hell there's a statue of Margaret Thatcher going up in my home country of Scotland.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
    The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Didnt they confirm that there was going to be 17 tracks before? I really hope that they dont make a track like Foreward. That should not have been counted as a track. I hope that there is an instrumental (maybe three minutes or more, this time) and then the rest of the tracks are songs with vocals. I also hope that they will have at least one track that is 4 minutes or more.

hazemovitch

hazemovitch New Member

it will be da best album dis year for sure,then we got the detox ...

Luke

[​IMG]

They all look so old now. Hell Brad's hairstyle looks like a treetop. Lets hope their mature appearence is matched with evolved lyrics which will lose this teenie curse that's been placed on them. It was once great guys but you can't still be feeling insecure when you're 30.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Haven't seen this picture before...

Compare this and the picture on the back of HT. Doesn't look like the same band.
    Hopefully the music won't be the same as well.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

I really, really, REALLY need to hear some of the new 'no-nu-metal' sound before i let myself get excited or anxious.

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Well, single in March. There's your chance. :)

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Well.. Excuse me if I'm a bit skeptic until i see the headline on LPA announcing an actual single released :p

fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

Hellflame 2K7 where did you get that picture? are there more? or larger versions?

Luke

T'was in the LPU newsletter. :)

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

that's actually a good idea. reinvent the name w/ a self-titled. kind of gives a sense of a new start in a way, kinda.

actually, re-reading that "Reinvent the Name" is kind of a cool name for an album title lol. or maybe i'm delirious.

also, i'm confused: single in march or NO single in march? someone please confirm? i've seen both on this thread now. thx. i'm kinda thinking the album will be her late may/early june now after this update. it's almost march now, so they'll still need time to finish mixing [if they're still doing that], make a million copies, and still work on the album art, etc. if that's not been completed/started on yet. that will probably take a month and a half or possibly more depending on how deep they go into it with their art like meteora did.

linkin park is the most secretive about their new albums/material than any band i've ever seen. hell, bands that are coming out w/ an album in like August or so have already released tracklisting & album titles already. one of my other favorite bands released their album title in early february and it comes out mid-June. it's just crazy, but i guess that makes us all antsy/anxious/fucking psycho for a new LP album.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

You're delirious.

I don't feel like this is in anyway guaranteeing 16-18 tracks. I think they'll probably still cut a few and release a 13-14 track album with possibly some b-sides on a special edition or something. [or import like they did with the extra tracks from Hybrid Theory. However, it doesn't seem like that's the way they'd do things now.. I bet we could expect some b-sides on an LPU disc, but, then again, it's Linkin Park so I can also see them NOT doing that.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.