Blender Article Reveals New Information

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While we are aware this news has been circulating the internet for quite some time, in our effort to post only confirmed news, we felt it was best to wait until we could get our hands on the article, to prove the accuracy of this information.
    ---

In a recent Blender article, Linkin Park sat down with the magazine and revealed some information regarding the direction of the album, as well as what we can grow to expect in regards to the band's stripped down and more 'authentic' feeling sound.

"It's more organic and raw,"
    Bennington said, "Rick has brought more of a stripped down classic rock and hip hop kind of feel. We're using vintage guitars and drums carved out of wood and skin for a more tribal sound. It's definitely not nu metal."

In addition, Chester went on to provide information on the new album title, providing only a fill in the blank clue of T___ and T___, in which Blender guessed to be Trials and Tribulations although that is not the confirmed album title at this time.

"We're obsessive with secrecy around here,"
    remarked Bennington, "our friends have to sign in and out, and we have a guard 24 hours a day -- it's not a welcoming environment."

For a peek of the entire article as well as some interesting information about Rick Rubin's mansion, please click here.

Thanks to xefusioner for the scan and our awesome forum members for bringing this news to our attention!

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Classic rock? So no metal at all?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't think that's what he meant, it just has more of an old rock vibe to it.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Ok good, because I was about to turn into a sad panda

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I'd take classic rock over metal.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Yea I'd take classic rock with a mix of hip hop over metal anyday. Its in the magazine that it is due in February, so I'm guessing thats the final month. So hopefully a new LP site and some LPTV episodes will begin to surface?

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

"We're obsessive with secrecy around here," remarked Bennington, "our friends have to sign in and out, and we have a guard 24 hours a day -- it's not a welcoming environment."

They had the same type of thing last time around last time. On the LPTV studio Chester showed the sign-in sheet.. even Draven had to sign in..

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

damn, i hope so!!

this [again] just makes me want new stuff soooo bad although LPU is a nice relief of a small bit of new stuff, though of course not really anything related to the album at this point. "tribal sounding" -- that's interesting to me; i can't imagine that for some reason in my head. time will tell of course.

that's cool about the T_____ and T_____, although for LP 'Trials & Tribulations' sounds too generic for them... i mean we have "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora".. very unique and different, and all of a sudden this generic crap. i doubt that's the title. not sure what it will be though. who else has any ideas for it?

February would be a nice time to get this puppy released, thought they've been saying "SPRING 2007", and last time i checked spring starts in late March. :) i'm always for a push forward on the release dates of course!

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Basically stuff that we already knew. Although, the album title thing is pretty cool. I think that Trials and Tribulations is a good guess.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I guessed Trials and Tribulations, and I think that sounds like a terrible name. I hope it's something better, because they can do so much better than...that.

Like...Trains and Trees.

[LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

Yeah.. I agree with you.. All their titles are original and unique. And I don't think that "Trials & Tribulations" is their type, it's just to general, kinda deep.
    Who knows..!???
    maybe.. Trust & Tolerance?? ((but again it's not their thing, I'm just trying to match words with "T" over here lol:) ))
    -ugh, Truth & Trials?? ((Ew...!! horrible name))
    dude.. I don't know.. Does anyone have better names that the ones I just mentioned and that actually make sense???^_^
    Oh yeah.. by the way, I love that their working with Rick Rubin and that their album will be out in February..!.. Can't wait 'till their concert in NJ, May 6th 2007 either..!

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Why is everyone talkin about trials lol

I think its Truth And Tasks lol hahaha thats not any better but still lol

I cant wait for the new album in feburary!! im so excitedd

ernieball003

Turtles and Termites! :-D

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As a fan of HK movies, I like the sound of Time and Tide.

ernieball003

Triumph and Tribulation? Na..

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
    [LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

Yeah.. I like that one.! LMAO.! hahaha :withstupi
    well.. I remember in Rolling Stone magazine that Chester said the title "is gonna fit the world".. so it's gonna be something good ((I hope))
    Anymore ideas??

ernieball003

Terror and Tribulation?
    Dick Cheney.. *shivers

ernieball003

[​IMG]

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

:hmm:....Time and Tide sounds alright (good one Kayce). Early next year is going to be completely awesome. First Big Day Out with Trivium playing (got my ticket!) and then the new LP album. (Hopefully). :-D

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Tick and Tock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.