A concern of mine...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Aug 17, 2006.

Glitch

Glitch Active Member

I'm pretty sure Hahn is responsible for that big, creepy-sounding hit during the verses. He's not present in all the old Linkin Park songs either so I'm not complaining yet.

I like the heavier sound but I hope LP makes some softer, Breaking the Habit-type songs as well. If the whole album is like QWERTY I wouldn't enjoy it at all. I'm not really a big fan of metal...

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

you say that like more than 66% of slipknot is talentless. and what does being white have to do with it.

Soldado-del-fuego

Soldado-del-fuego Active Member

well it's not like there any black members in slipknot...last time I checked. And slipknot is tallentless all they are is a bunch of raww raww raww roar, I can do that but you don't see me with a record deal.

Testament

and what does being black have to do with it?

and do you even fucking listen to instruments?

Soldado-del-fuego

Nevermind with the white and black people you don't get what I mean't. I've listened to all three albums and even mate feed fuck kill (what ever it's called) I used to like them a lot but when I picked up guitar and tried playing there stuff, it was so incredibly easy which made me think...what talent do they have other than the drums. I really like the drums thats about the only thing I appreciate about slipknot. I'm just not a goth/death metal kind of person, I like metal but like rwar rwar stuff.

Li

Li Well-Known Member

Um... you could say the same with linkin park's guitars.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not worried at all. You can't base Linkin Park on one song...

Look at Somewhere I Belong. And Meteora. :lol:

Soldado-del-fuego

This is true, but a) I never said LP has no talent, b) There catchy to me, slipknots I dunno, I like a few of there songs, they've gotten better since there self titled debute, I like wait and bleed and eyeless, but those songs are simple not much goin on there. In there third album, I really didn't expect an accoustic song from them that really shows some talent.

Testament

yes, true, Jim Root sucks, the only thing he has going for him is Christina Scabbia.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

kk by that do u mean somewhere i belong is good? and meteora sucks? or the opposite?!?

I hope linkin park has some songs like breaking the habit and easier to run on this album! But still once and a while its good 2 get some anger out and it just hepls when u hear chester scream his fucking head off!!!! :thumbsup:

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Im not that worried about it. I mean, both Hybrid Theory and Meteora had thier metal songs. Take Dont Stay, or Hit The Floor for example. Still, I hope that the rest of the album does not sound like this. I mean, the songs great, but I was hoping more for something like Cure for the Itch or Session with vocals and guitars. I think that with some techno elements, Qwerty could sound really great and atmospheric.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I mean that everyone assumed that Meteora was going to sound uniformly like SIB.

I'm not saying one is bad and one is good. I'm saying they both were 'meh' in different ways.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

how's this 4 an idea: mayb LP just played qwerty just to see how fans react to it. mayb they'll not even put it on the album. i hope they dont lose their HYBRID identity....PLEASE DON'T.. it's all that rubin guy's fault agrrhhhh

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's just ONE song. And we don't even know if it's going to be on the album. He said that it's a new song, not a song from the new album.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I really can't wait until the new LP site is revealed, I really wanna see the theme of the album. I need a release date! Its looking like an 07 release IMO.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly, the guy from God Forbid is black and they scream :lol:

No one's saying you have to be a fan of Slipknot but you basicly trashed alot of bands out there that, yes, do scream, however are increadibly talented bands.

I'd try and be a tad bit more considerate of people's musical tastes before you go and make mammoth statements like you did. And by the way, it is possible for people who aren't of white skin colour to take an interest in hard rock music ;)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

thats true - everyone needs to calm down a wee bit. lets just wait and see :)

Soldado-del-fuego

ugg for christ sake you don't know what I"m trying to say, nevermind.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Linkin Park are, in no way, shape or form, limiting themselves by attempting to utilize a different sound for their new album. If anything, they're broadening horizons and are leaving themselves wide-open for experimentation. The soundscapes that they can come up with are seemingly endless; it just depends on if the band's able to utilize all their talent to achieve that. A heavier sound isn't going to limit them and cause them to have to ditch using non-familiar instruments, or even their scratching. It's not even going to cause them to lose their "electronica" sound.

I've been listening to a lot of heavy music for the past couple months and haven't listened to Linkin Park at all, save for Fort Minor on occasion. There are hundreds of sounds that are blisteringly heavy that have epic soundscapes that leave the listener breathless. There are also hundreds of songs where, when you're listening to it, you pause the song for a second, turn to the person next to you and ask them, "Did I just hear that in a metal song?" There's a good chance Linkin Park's going to do the same thing; it's what they're known for. For example, "Nobody's Listening" could've been the same as all the other songs on Meteora if the band would've kept the guitars nice and loud like they did on the other tracks, and the flute would've still fit the song like a glove.

Linkin Park are experimenting, and that's what I've always wanted to hear. Brad's riffs in "Qwerty" are, by no means, great, but they're different and heavy, and they're something to look forward to on the new album. Mike's rapping has improved (I'd guess because of Fort Minor) and Chester's vocals were absolutely gorgeous. Rob's drumming seemed about the same, and I couldn't hear Phoenix's bass, but I'm sure they'll improve as well. As for Joe... well, he's just sort of there.

The fact that Linkin Park has been around hundreds of bands of other genres the past couple years has opened them up. They're not going to stick with one sound on this album; they know the fans won't like that. They've been influenced by punk rock, screamo, heavy metal and hip hop heavily over the past few years. Now they're just combining all they learned from those genres and all the sounds they heard into one unique sound, and it's still going to be their hybrid theory - just a little heavier.

Edit:
    Oh, and, Derek - death metal? Hardly.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

im sure i can hear something more from mr hahn underneath the music in qwerty, its too hard to tell off a live bootleg though. and besides, theres been great songs where he hasnt featured prominantly, i dont think he stand out except in the "shut up" part of one step closer, yet hes obviously there in the rest of hybrid theory. they're not gonna stop their "hybrid" sound, ever im sure
    :cloud: