Cross-Atlantic Flight Terror Plot Foiled

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Aug 10, 2006.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Source: CNN

Oh shit. That's crazy.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, I just heard that on TV. I don't really know what to say, the world seems to have gone crazy...

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I heard about it this morning. It's insane and really distrubing. You can't even fly safely anymore...

21 British Mouslims arrested to stop the attecks, at least England did a good job stopping them.
    But this won't be the last attement, though.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As much as I think we dropped the ball with 9/11, this right here proves our terrorism intelligence has greatly improved since then.

This would've been terrible had it went through.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I beleive it was British intelligence for the most part, considering they were the ones who co-ordinated and carried out the "covert counter-terrorist operation" in Britain.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Good point. But even so...it seems in the wake of 9/11 and the London Bombings, the world is more in touch with what's going on. Thus britain being able to thwart this.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

This figures. I'M FLYING TO IOWA ON THE 31ST!

First time ever on a plane too. Now not only am I nervous about flying, I'm scared shitless!

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Good thing we stopped the bastards. I agree with the modfather that our intelligence has increased and the world has gotten more in tune with these evets. Kudos to the British Intelligence!

@Nate. There is no reason to be scared. The things you hear about happening to planes happen are very seldom compared to the massive numbers of flights that occur each day. If anything, it would be best to fly now with the increased security at the airports. Don't worry.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
    FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

My friend is still at Heatrow now I guess. She was planning to fly back to Amsterdam Schiphol today...
    What a mess.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Our intelligence didn't do shit. I give 100% of the credit to Scotland Yard, and hope Americans remember that when the republicans try to take credit for this for the 2006 elections.

Nate, don't worry. When you look at the numbers, you have a much better chance of dying in a car crash if you drive to your destination. There are thousands of flights each day, and how many plane crashes are there? One every 2 years, if that? I think the last commercial aviation crash in the US was the one shortly after 9/11 where the plane crashed in Queens, New York. Nearly 5 years ago. There was the one where that Southwest plane slid off the runway in Chicago last year but that doesn't really count since the only death was in the car the plane slid into.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

My mates plane home from Ibiza has been delayed by 24 hours because of this.
    He came MSN at an internet cafe telling me he was scared shitless because of all the fuss over there.

I think it is diabolical.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's amazing what this world has come to, eh?

We used to rarely worry about this stuff. We seemed so care-free and we didn't have to worry if some bastard would come onto the plane and hijack it with weapons and bombs.

Then 9/11 happened. We were all scared shitless, and we were all so affected by the tragedy that we didn't know how anybody would be able to fly again. We all recovered, but we all knew that the world isn't so care-free anymore.

Thank goodness that this plot was foiled. As Derek said, this would have been tragic. If Britain hadn't foiled the plan, the results would have been unimaginable.

This is definitely a step-up in the fight against terror, but there's still a lot to be done.

Thank goodness.

And Nate, don't worry about it. Like Superman says, it is still statistically the safest way to fly.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

All I'm gonna say to everyone is don't be effected by this in terms of fear. Whoever the hell is responsable for plotting such acts wants you all to submit to fear, don't.

I'm not bragging in any way at all but over here we've got it sorted out, the day of 7/7 brought Britain to a standstill for a day or two, but it was business as usual after that, that shows we aren't gonna be forced to fear for our lives as long as we're breathing the air.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd say it was more MI5 thing

They've been tracking the terrorists for months

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

My dad's flight from Boston got delayed.

And all of his liquids got taken up.

He had so much booze... and it's all gone. :lol:

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

It's bad. 7/11 was bad too. What if the British intelligence didn't do what they did?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Do you mean 9/11 or 7/7?

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Actually, and coincidentally, 7/11/2006 was the date of a series of 11 HORRIBLE blasts that hit the epicentre of Mumbai (india)'s population - they attacked local trains, which is like THE LIFELINE of people there. At just the time every office goer was returing home from work too- you cant imagine how many dads and moms just died then/

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

Who's doing month/date/year and who's doing date/month/year? I'm cunfused...

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

nope there are other countries in world besides the united states and canada.kindly be aware of the incidents taking place in those countries too.

Somehow his plot smells of P-A-K-I-S-T-A-N