What You'd Like to Hear in the New Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Matt, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    the_musicman

the_musicman Member

more rap metal stuff. more guitar from brad, more bass from phoenix, a drum solo from rob like in the beginning of faint. more screaming from chester, and more piano and rap from mike.

all in all, more from everybody

sledger_spite

sledger_spite Member

i would like more faster and heavier drums and ofcourse a solo from rob
    well from brad a more heavier metal sort of guitar
    more bass and if possible a solo from pheonix
    more turntablelism from joe
    possibly show more of his skills
    more screaming from chester
    more piano and rap from mike
    overall
    more jumpier, heavier,rythemic,melodious and soothing songs from LP

Shell Shock

Shell Shock Active Member

yea , those are some of their best songs

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

When they say softer and more melodic, i cant help but think of the chili peppers. i reckon the chilis are great, but id hate to see lp take that road.
    they need to keep the heavy sound, but add some more standout kinda stuff from phoenix, and we all know how fast mike can rap from xero, so he should probaly speed up his rhymes as well
    and that stuff they did at rock am ring in '04 was awesome!!! more intros like that please!!!

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I'm guessing they mean sorrta like In the end with slow and melodic....or just that their sound's becoming more mature...I mean...it already is but you never know what has changed in the eye of an artist...^_^

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

i want all the stuff that made linkin park great, but stepped up. they said they were gonna change the sorts of sound they were doing so there might be stuff i don't like. i want the depressing lyrics like old times and i want a more techno theme like reanimation. i also want effects like in breaking the habit.

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Thank you :)
    But besides that,
    I'd like to hear more of the good songs they have always made :))

(s)AINT

(s)AINT New Member

I think that they don't have to change something to their music!!!The way it's sound is great and i founded really different and unique!!!I think that linkin park is a new type of music and that's why i love linkin park!!!!:)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think if LP are really interested in pleasing the fans they will have the album sound different than everything else, yet remain the same Linkin Park sound that we all know.

I hope it's one of those things where it sounds so fresh and different, but when it will come on the radio you still know it's Linkin Park just because it has that Linkin Park feel.

I hope that they do some more experimental things with it and more complicated beats like in Reanimation. I don't want Chester to hang effects on his voice the whole album, but some cool little effects here and there would be really nice.

I definitely want alot of hard songs and tons of screaming on this album. Hopefully they'll even them out. I hope there are those songs that are very loud and powerful and tons of screaming, but later on there is some soft, groovy, and peaceful things.

Something fun to try would be Chester rapping along with Mike in one of the verses. When he was rapping along with Jay-Z at Live 8 I thought that was different and cool. Funny in a way, but I'm sure they could make it sound good if it was just a little bit of Chester doing that.

I'm hoping for some deeper, less straightforward lyrics. With Mike and Chesters lyric writing skill the past two albums, however, we'll probably just get the same old simple lyrics that can pretty apply to almost everyones relationships with whomever at one point in their life.

But whatever, the album is going to be great. Linkin Park has never let me down even though they seem to have let alot of people down with Meteora. I thought Meteora rocked. I'll most likely fall in love with it in the beginning anyway, just because it's new Linkin Park material.

Shell Shock

Claps Hands:innocent:

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

How about they do another song that is laid back like My December? Everyone would love something like that. It's funny how My December is one of their best songs and it helped make them famous back in the day just like in the end, but it's not even on the record..ha

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
    Sub6

Sub6 Member

How about happy thingy? wtf this world isnt fucking happy at all man, car crashes everywhere, war in the middle east or w/e and such. There is no happy crap in the world anymore...

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Uhm...just to point it out:

weddings, birth, linkin parks existance, music in all and all kindsa crap that makes this life worht living....hells yeah this is a happy world...it's just sad and depressing to the ones who choose to see it that way :D

I also think that when linkin park says they're gonna change their sound...well look at hybrid theory and meteora....2 completely different sounds...and still LP....so stop worrzing ^_^

Harlz

finally someone who thinks hybrid theory and meteora were completely different. all these people out there calling meteora hybrid theory part 2, doesnt make sense to me, i thought they were different enough
    :cloud:

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

i just dont kno why ppl hate meteora so much! i can relate 2 meteora so much more than hybrid theory! but wtv i guess thats just my point of view! so i hope mike sings some chrouses in the album! :)

Shell Shock

If this album is heavy then i want to hear some NIN Wish Cover on the CD eh, but if its slow, poppy etc then i want a Sweet Child O' Mine, GN'R eh. Those would be nice additions.

but i think LP might be doing a SOAD and they might release two albums, one in 2006 and another in 2007. One should be heavy like Faint and the other should be BTH style. hmmm, or is that too much for us to handle.....

Harlz

theres a 19 second clip of the new song up on youtube. am i allowed to post a link to it? only 19 secs cos the guy reckons he ran outta space on his camera. but its definately lp, and its definately new

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I moved it to the Got News thread already. I PMed you about it. :lol:

Harlz

haha ok sorry, still kinda learning my way around here

kevin515

kevin515 Active Member

hey guys new to the forum here, but a long time lp fan. For the new album im lookin for a more heavy sound, but i dont want them to branch out to farm from their sound just because critics think they sound the same. I dont want to see them ruin their unique sound, im sure lp will get it right though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.