Mike Shinoda interviewed by The New York Times

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Feb 10, 2023.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park frontman Mike Shinoda recently sat down for an interview with The New York Times. Among other things, the interview touches on the process of compiling archived material for the 20th Anniversary Edition of "Meteora", and how it differed from a similar process for the 20th Anniversary Edition of "Hybrid Theory" in 2020. Shinoda also reveals the band's feelings about the new single "Lost", a song from 2003 that was left off their sophomore album, which has just been released to lead the promotion for the upcoming "Meteora" anniversary release, which is coming April 7.

The interview also reveals that "Lost" was "fully recorded and mixed" but ultimately left off the final "Meteora" tracklisting in favour of another pop-leaning song ...
    Shinoda and fellow bandmate Brad Delson also reminisce in the piece about late bandmate Chester Bennington:
    Shinoda goes on to reveal that there are other songs appearing in the "Meteora" Anniversary Edition which were at a similar close-to-completion stage as "Lost" was, and which received similar updated mixes:
    Among the contents of the "Meteora" Anniversary Edition (in specific editions of it, anyway) is a documentary titled "Work In Progress", which Shinoda reveals is made up of footage from the band's prolific "Meteora" touring run:
    These tidbits and more can all be read in the interview here. Drop by our message board and let us know what you think!

Source: The New York Times

Ree, Gibs, Andreina and 2 others like this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That phrase hits hard. Chester was uniquely talented, with a range of abilities unmatched. Oh how we miss you buddy.

Michele and Jesse like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Fighting Myself and More The Victim were just randomly debuted at Howard Stern show, which also had him interview Mike.

The sound quality is not the best though, and they're sometimes talking over the songs.

The songs themselves are classic 2003 LP, but in my opinion, with a surprising pop punk vibe in the chorus melodies/delivery. Almost Sum-41-ish (at a slower tempo).

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Just listened to them, they both blow Lost out of the water, I'm excited

Qwerty19 and The Free Element like this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

If anyone else managed to listen to Fighting Myself and More The Victim on the Howard Stern Show, could you please post your opinions and maybe a description of how both songs sound? I'm holding off listening to them until M20 releases but I always enjoy reading other people's thoughts on the songs that have released early. Makes me appreciate the song more when I listen to it to see if I agree, disagree or if there's something different I experienced when listening to it eventually. That was one of the things I always treasured about LPA during an album launch - when a song or album leaked, posters would describe the tracks and give their overall thoughts and I always liked hearing the various views.

Michele likes this.
    Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

FIGHTING MYSELF is classic LP, a mix between Papercut and Hit the Floor, the bridge is amazing, More the Victim is Cumulus with vocals, very punk, it has rapping and Chester's part remins me of dead by Sunrise to be honest, very very catchy

Foreshadowed_LP likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. Makes me even more hyped to hear the 2 tracks on April 7th!

Any more feedback from others is gladly welcome.

Michele likes this.