Bring Me The Horizon

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Broman, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Mantra is kinda meh, the main riff sounds like a lesser version of Happy Song, and the chorus lacks the punch.

I like the album cover and the title.

brady likes this.
  2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

My thoughts exactly. In fact, I've been listening to Happy Song a lot since Mantra came out :lol:
    One of their best imo

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah, what the hell? Most singles these days are released 2-3 months before album release. How are they going to keep up the momentum?

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

The 1975 released their first single back in May for an album coming out in October or November (conflicting reports).

They just released a 3rd single last week. My guess is BMTH will do the same and space out the singles.

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

6. brady

I'm gonna go back on what I said.

Mantra is a fucking banger

Captain-EO and Sasuke like this.
  7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this. I really enjoy their last 3 records.

Sasuke likes this.
  8. Sasuke

New song gonna be premierd tomorrow! on BBC radio 1

Oli just shared this snippet of it on his instagram account

EDIT:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  9. brady

Some initial thoughts after first listen: The chorus is absolutely fantastic, especially the final iteration with the horns. I'd have to take a pass on that bridge tho. Overall a pretty damn good, a lotta interesting things going on here.

Captain-EO and Sasuke like this.
  10. Sasuke

Yes it's amazing, I love it :)
    Also here's the tracklist of the album:
    [​IMG]
    they changed the release day from 11 to 25 of january.

11. brady

"ouch"

Captain-EO likes this.
  12. Sasuke

3/3 so far

13. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

lmao, this is bad.

Captain-EO likes this.
  14. brady

Kinda mediocre. This song just doesnt nothing special.

Kinda getting a bit worried for this album tbh...

Captain-EO likes this.
  15. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yeah this one is pretty mediocre. Not bad though.

16. Sasuke

I like it but I think it's by far the weakest song so far (I would even say since Sempiternal).

17. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You guys really don't like this new stuff.

Big fan of Nihilist Blues!

brady likes this.
  18. Sasuke

I've been playing the album the whole day and I think it's great! not so good like Sempiternal and TTS. but tbh those albums are two of my absolute favorites ever, so I wasn't expecting this one to top them though.

I Apologize if you Feel Something: Nice intro kinda reminds me of The Requiem.
    Mantra: my favorite song of 2018 so...
    Nihilist Blues: this one is their most experimental song ever, the heavy electronic production is fantastic. I even like Grimes feature who I never was a fan of.
    In the Dark: my least favorite of the album, but still good.
    Wonderful Life: wished there was more song like that tbh, a goddamn banger!
    Ouch: my favorite interlude I guess.
    Medicine: my favorite of the more poppy songs, it's so catchy!
    Suger Honey Ice & Tea: love this especially the vocal effects and the amazing solo.
    Why You Gotta Kick Me When I'm Down: BMTH going trap? lmao. as much as I tried to dislike this because of how cheap that tred is, but I think this song is great. :lol:
    Fresh Bruises: ok instumental track nothing more.
    Mother Tongue: amazing chorus, but wasn't a fan of the rest actually.
    Heavy Metal: wished they didn't ad the cringy beatboxing, it's almost ruined the song for me.
    I Don't Know What to Say: one of the best songs on the album, the strings and the solo at the end are amazing!

19. viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

So I played the album 6 or 7 times since it leaked and wrote a track by track review. Just my opinion, don't judge heh

i apologise - perfect intro for the album, really digging the vocals on it, the little percs in it and the transition into the next song 4.7/5

MANTRA - wow, just wow. From the riff through the drums and then Oli's vocals on it. The bridge is what really grabbed my attention. Could have been even faster but it's the best start for the album 4.5/5

nihilist blues - first listen-what the hell is this??? Second listen-alright, starting to dance a little, third listen-holy s***. The synths are just pure gold, the bass, drums, the background guitar which steps forward later is spot on. First verse is craaazey, the falsetto parts are nice, Grimes' part and instrumental section is eargasm for the soul, possibly my wildcard fave. 5/5

in the dark - reaaally digging the flow on this one. The feminine vocals that say the song title are such a nice addition to it, but could've been better if they were sung by Oli in falsetto, oh well. Instrumental wisely, it's okay, it stands out from the rest of the songs on the album, bridge is one of my favs on the album. 4.3/5

wonderful life - siiiiick one, the album needed that diversity in the tempo, instrumentals and vocals, it's not the old BMTH, it's the new rock of BMTH and I'm really diggin' it. Killer riff, the feature is nice and the last minute of the song is heaven 4.7/5

ouch - really nice interlude, the drums on it are really catchy, making you move, the vocals are so nice, the lyrics, man, the lyrics...the part with the drag through hell and the devil made me laugh for 20 min. All in all, a good transition to medicine 4.3/5

medicine - pop-rock in it's purest form, but I LUV IT. Most listened song from the singles for me. The middle of the chorus is the golden heart of the song, bridge is really nice, Jordan's add ons on the last chorus are soooo niice and the change in the drums there brings the song to a nice finish. 4.6/5

sugar, honey, ice & tea - that's just pure sex, folks. Guitar riff is so smooth, Matt on drum's is on level, Matt on bass is really stepping up his game(on the whole album), Oli and Jordan's vocals-no need to comment. Guitar solo and hysterical screaming at the end-OH MY GOD 5/5

why you gotta kick me when i'm down - now here we have something that is extraordinary and Oli really nails it with his rapping. Kids' choir is a little funny, but spot on. One of the songs on the album, where I liked the use of PC made hihats. The lyrics are direct and really have the core flow of the whole album. Oli screaming later on is good to hear too. 4.4/5

fresh bruises - now that one is a little strange for me, like one of the people here said, it has an almost Sempiternal vibe with those keys in the beginning. Beat that begins later on is the most strange part for me, but as a person who is producing, not a big surprise. Vocoder vocals are the highlight of the album, not only on that song, but anywhere. Another good transition to the next poppy rock anthem. 3.8/5

mother tongue - still gettin' used to that one. Lyrics are one of the best on the album, Oli's vocals are really wide and big on that one with the falsetto in the chorus. The drums in the chorus are addicting and fitting in the TTS era. Strings in the background are gold, last section of drums is perfect. 4.6/5

heavy metal - now that one will get so much hate, that I can feel it now. The lyrics are like a slap in the morning for the 'core fans' who were b****ing for the last 3 or 4 years. Instrumental wise, really nice drum beat, guitars are spot on, synth in the background in the beatbox section is addicting af, Rahzel was a wild card for me, but exceeded my expectations. Nice breakdown, no matter if it's short. 4.3/5

i don't know what to say - the perfect album closer...the lyrics brought some mm dark memories to me, I really related to them. Acoustic guitar and strings - who knew it would be such a good combo. Oli's voice here is full of emotion, I can connect it with FY on TTS. When the drums kick in with those strings, I got a little emotional just because of the sound and melody of everything in this track. Strange, but smart to have almost 2 minutes of instrumental to close the album. The solo from Lee and then again those god-blessed strings are the best musical piece I've ever heard. 5/5

All in all, I think that if BMTH shined with Sempiternal and rooted their status with TTS, now they made a statement that they are staying and will strive for more and more. Big fan of them since There is a Hell..., but the albums before Sempiternal are from a different era of the band. I think that the era that started in 2013 ended now, with amo. They need to make a U turn after amo, cause they don't need to sound even more stranger or poppier. Album of the year for me, even if it's f***ing January!

Overall score: 4.5/5

20. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This is the only track I like. :lol: