Depression / Living in a dark place

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Pat, Mar 25, 2018.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hey community,
    some minutes ago i started a massive and bad conversation on the Post Traumatic Remix Contest thread.
    And I am more than sorry.

I would love to explain you my point of view why i did this - intentionally.

Yes you read right, - intentionally...

For a long time I suffered from massive depression, self-hatred and not being confident that i matter.
    While I fought against it for a long time "successfully", I had an insanely down-phase back in 2013.
    In any case, I fought back and faced my problems as best as i could.

Now, for whatever reason, I am feeling horrible again
    And it is even worse than 2013. And I do not understand why. I am having a "good life", I could not complain about it. No money problems, I have friends around me but...

I feel fucking alone guys. I feel horribly lonely and i dont know what to do.
    The reason i started this controversy was just to talk more than just "hello" to someone.
    I dont know what to do. Please give me any advice because i am currently more than ashamed to admit to my close ones that i have a massive problem. With myself.

Telling you this directly is a big step for me because i cant handle this anymore and everything gets out of hand. i dont have any grip at all anymore.
    Help.

Dragondust and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Pat, as someone who has suffered from depression...if it's bringing anger issues then you need to go see a therapist. The first step is admitting you have a problem, which you did. Now you gotta work to do something about it.

Pat, Dragondust and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I still see a counselor and psychiatrist. I have mental illnesses also and many people on LPA do. The great thing here is that no one judges people for their problems here (as far as my experience goes). The problems in your post are pretty deep and complex... you can always PM about any issues. I will be here.

Dragondust, Pat and Deliveranze like this.
    Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I am disabled from the military with Schizophrenia.... I do deal with depression as well... I find talking about it helps ... I'm also here if you'd like to talk.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Do you know what i mean, when i say - It is really hard to get YOURSELF to the point, saying "Ok, i go to a therapist now" - For some reason its harder than expected. It seems so easy but i just try to avoid it.....even tho its the right thing... I dont know why

Thank you so much for the offer and I'll definitely come back to this.

Also to you - thank you for your understanding.

-------------------------

Things are not easy recently.
    My brother passed away when i was 16 (9 years ago) - and to be honest, i never really had the chance to.... think about it or do something about it. My mum was (is) very sick and in a fatal condition.
    I always had to think about her first and taking care of her and more. That is always stuck in my head.
    Usually it was not that intense but recently it is, because of my mum being in a horrible condition, making me realize i do not have much time with her left - things catch up on me, knowing i lost my brother and about to lose my mum very soon.
    Feeling very lonely recently and useless make things even worse and i do not really know what to do even tho i know what to do.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Pat, I think I speak for all of us when I say you have a place here to talk to people. While we cannot be a substitute for a therapist, nor should we ever be, many of us are still your friends who care about you. Whether it'd be in the shoutbox, on this thread, or even through direct messages, you shouldn't be afraid to talk to us.

I'm always open to having a chat if you'd like/need, and sure there are others that feel the same :)

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Dealing with losing your brother and then your mother being ill is more than enough to handle. I’m sure being reminded of when your brother passed makes things feel like a steep climb. You might need time for yourself and to also slow down, not trying to juggle more things than you can. At least that’s my opinion. I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life, that’s up to you to do at your own pace. I’m really sorry for your situation, and for the loss of your brother, then your mother being sick.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Hey, it gets better once you overcome yourself. :) You get used to talking about your problems more and more. Just be careful with antidepressants.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

In case people were interested -
    i got myself to sign up for therapy since some weeks now.

It did indeed get worse after i wrote here but i think its time to get back up. So off we go
    wish me luck.

Dekar likes this.
    Autumn

Autumn Member

I'm somehow watching this thread. Good luck. I actually am making a long delayed visit to a psychiatrist today myself...been really struggling since my fiance died. Take care.

Dekar likes this.
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I dont know if thats okay to revive a 2 years old post but i felt like giving an update -
    Long story short - was in rehabilitation for a while - came back home a couple of months ago.
    Therapist helped a lot - feeling a lot better and find more value in life and more.
    I guess that sums it up.

Love you all.

Dekar likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Great to hear that Pat :)

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I'm glad to hear you're doing better Pat. You've been missing from this site for too long!

Dorothy Perks

Dorothy Perks Well-Known Member

wow great to hear that Pat, you made it!!!

aminmohmed11

aminmohmed11 New Member

Feeling like you're alone even though you are surrounded by people that care. It's just a cloud that's over my head every now and again.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's been a year since i posted on here and i do not know if anyone ever reads this but in case anybody does
    I am feeling great and much better. Having a more or less free mind and therapy helped me a lot.
    I do not think I will end therapy soon tho. Anyway just felt like giving a super short / quick update.
    Of course i hope you guys are feeling fine.
    Yep. Thats all. See you soon!

Lotus and Kevin like this.
    astatine

astatine Well-Known Member

It's so good to hear that you are breaking free from the dark and getting back in your shoes again.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    LinkinFuzzy

LinkinFuzzy Member

I am happy and proud of you. God is working in your life.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I figured it would be a nice time to update whats been going on with me and my life (if anyone would be interested)
    I'm still in therapy and have no plans to cancel that either. It really helped me a lot and i am grateful for the people really believing in me
    I do still feel very much regret and guilt of pain and misunderstandings i have caused (not only here but in general) and i do not think this will go away very soon to be fair
    After a long long long time of therapy, i tried to find other hobbies and things to do aswell and i found a bunch - like travelling or 3D Modelling! (which is hard as fuck, but still fun)
    Still doing music tho! - mostly for myself actually but this helped me a lot just as much.
    I'm not 100% okay, its still a long road I think, but believe me when i say i am MUCH better than i have been in YEARS and for once i can say that i wake up into my days without the thinking "here we go again..."
    I was so close to do something very dumb, for me, my friends and my family - and it was time to admit that i am hurting myself the most if i would do something unthinkable (back then, i mean)
    but therapy and friends helped me day by day, and once i accepted that i needed help... things started to be better on its own. crazy ~
    ANYWAY
    Thank you for reading and for being interested.
    I hope you all are doing fine! Miss you all

Pat

Captain-EO, Gibs, Kevin and 1 other person like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Glad you are doing better Pat! <3
    Its nice to hear you again :)

Wish you the best for the future!

Pat likes this.