Seeing Linkin Park 2x?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Ch3sters Ghost, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

Hey question for you guys. My buddy really wants to go see Linkin Park with me in Colorado for the 3 day tour with Rise Against and Mice vs. Men. However I already saw them when they came to Englewood with 30 seconds to Mars.

As someone who is a big fan of Linkin Park (albeit slightly tired of LP,) is it worth it to see Linkin Park twice? My other option is to go and see Jim Gaffigan whose coming to Denver, and I'm thinking of trying to convince him of that.

I've been slightly annoyed with how LP has been switching songs mid-tempo during live concerts like a commercial break or something. It just seems real cheesy and is kind of annoying me considering you paid to see a full concert, not songs that are cut in half. *Not only that but many of the audience members are starting to get real into the songs and then it switches randomly.*

Anyway, some of my frustrations, and I'm wondering from those of you who have been long-time LP fans is it worth seeing them 2x, or should I try and talk my friend into going to see a comedy show instead? :hodor:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I would try to see them as often as i can :lol:

And the US Tour is cancelled, sorry for you :( Your only chance would be to see them on a festival show, i think they are playing a festival somewhere with System Of A Down. hat would be your only chance.
    As i said, the US Tour is cancelled because of Chesters leg thing.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

...Why do people who clearly didn't read/comprehend the original post and/or know nothing about what they're discussing always try to answer people's questions? You think a post made on April 4th is somehow asking about seeing a future show(s) on a cancelled tour that would have ended on February 14th even if it hadn't been cancelled? REALLY? :facepalm:

They're talking about the Loudwire Music Festival in Colorado, which LP will be playing in June...you know, the whole part where the original post specifically mentions Colorado and the cancelled January/February tour wasn't going to Colorado, that should have been your first clue. Anyway, as I pointed out in the Shoutbox, the original poster seems to have some of their information mixed up, the Rise Against/Of Mice and Men lineup was only for the January/February shows, while the Colorado show is a festival with a bunch of bands on the bill (Rise Against/OM&M are not among them). LP is also only playing one of the three shows, which is on June 27th.

I've been pretty good about not being as much of my old dick-y self lately, but the LPA forums have served up a couple doozies in the past 24 hours...I'm relapse-prone guys, jeez.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah that was unnecessary. Nowhere in that OP does he mention the cancelled tour. He only mentions a tour with OM&M and RA which immediately reminds me of the cancelled tour earlier in the year. And I don't know about you, but most fans don't memorize tour dates and when tours start and end. It may be a little extreme to think the tour would last up until now, but still it was still completely unnecessary to be such a dick like that to Michele when all he did was make a misinformed reply to an already confusing and already misinformed original post.

Now back on topic, it really depends if you and your friend like the other bands that will be playing at this festival. None of us know you and your friend's lives, so this is something you guys should really talk about yourselves.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

That escalated quickly.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I just wanted to help , now i feel stupid :3

I like you Astat, but why did it has to escalated that way :lol:

A short message that i said something dumb would be enough (and this isnt the first time i said something dumb). :lol:

E: I am from Germany, so i didnt know exactly when the cancelled tour starts/ends without looking into some threads, sorry :shrug:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yep, time for me to confront you about your attitude yet again.

Incase nobody told you dude...it's not your duty to come in threads and be that kind of person, especially if you're unable to correct people nicely or in a respectful fashion. If you cannot engage people without feeling like it's necessary to resort to being your "dick-y self" (as you so aptly put it) then you really just need to stay away from here until you give yourself a well needed attitude adjustment. You are not the Official LPA Forums fact checker (nor did anyone voluntarily give you that title), and while I do appreciate your insightful and informative posts on here from time to time...I really do not like having confront you when you fail to handle things respectfully. I do consider you a good person, but you need to realize that being from Germany...that person's first language likely isn't English and they may have misnterpreted the post, which lead to the mistake. No need to jump down their throats or publicly shame them.

Get a grip man.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Getting back onto topic, Ch3sters Ghost, I recommend seeing LP as often as you can. You're almost guaranteed a great time every time you go. Who knows too, their amended songs playlists might not make it through to the festival shows. I'm seeing them in Milwaukee on the 30th of June for the 9th or so time and I'm excited because I have never gotten let down by LP at one of their concerts.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I've seen LP 4 times and everytime is absolutely brilliant. I managed to catch them at the final THP show in Indianapolis, and I will say that despite having enjoyed them, I wish the setlist wasn't so crappy. It was amazing at Carnivores, but having little changes half a year later for the america part of the THP tour was a bit of a let down. I'd say that since you didn't enjoy the setlist for Carnivores too much, hold off a bit to see if any announcements are made regarding changes to the setlist. I am catching them at Summerfest no matter what, but my hopes are that they throw in at least one more new track off The Hunting Party, hell even LIVING THINGS, but bring back Rebellion :lol:

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I saw their set at SSMF 2013 and saw the Dallas show of the carnivores tour. I think I enjoyed both equally, and was surprised at how much I liked their set. Especially the encore. It seems kinda lame, but it's truly a relentless set energy-wise and my friends and I were absolutely exhausted in the end. I'm sure they'll keep a similar set for the rest of this year, but replace FMTI or something with War and maybe something else from THP. Or maybe Mike's rap medley will be a place to advertise the new Fort Minor stuff that (hopefully) is coming.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I've seen LP every time they've come around the Metro Detroit area since 2004 (7 times) but I'm likely done now. For a long time, I thought it was worth it but I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to (maybe because I've seen roughly the same setlist the last few times they came here). I get that they have a lot of songs and a lot of "hits" that they have to squeeze into the setlist but they could switch it up a lot more than they do. Seeing The Carnivores Tour show and only having them play 3 or 4 Hunting Party songs kinda soured me on the new tours. With that said, since it'll only be your 2nd time, I think it would be worth it unless it's practically the exact same set you saw before.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This is pretty much the reason I won't be seeing them live this year. I saw them last year, and the setlist will basically be the same (-GATS and FM, + ALITS), so I'm not interested that much...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I´d undoubtedly say yes to a second gig after the one in Prague, this time would be in Portugal, I hope they make it to Rock In Rio Lisboa once again and that wpuld be my debut on the festival after seeeing LP perform there twice, but on the TV. I will do a second Epica gig in Portugal in August after Prague in January and Epica is no way near LP, so why shouldn´t I go to a second gig of my absolute favourite band?

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

If I had a chance to go again this summer while they're still in Europe, I'd go without thinking.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Why do you keep posting in threads that haven't been posted in for months? It's against the rules dude.

Ghoul

Ghoul Member

In 2014 I saw them on 4 occasions. Download Festival, then all 3 of the UK tour dates. Didn't get bored, was totally worth it.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Serously bruh?
    This is an old thread, stop posting.

Ghoul

Ghoul Member

Likewise.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Yeah, I'm closing this thread too before it gets out of hand. @LP Soldier 01 please visit the newbie camp and see our rules about necroposting prior to posting on our forums again. This is the second thread I've seen you do this to. If you want to make a new thread about your experiences, please do so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.