Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Well, the album has been out for over a month now. A lot of bands and artists drop a single and then drop the album and then tour for the album and that's pretty much it. Heavy did well and I guess the album did too, right? I think the label is who decides singles and when to drop them. I would say Invisible is likely, but I'm not sure anymore, since they've dropped the live performance of it they were saving from Corden a while back and I'm not sure how the actual song is doing in the charts. Good Goodbye could also be a single, but that song has been out for a long time now, about a month before the album even came out, as well as a music video, etc. Not sure what else would really do well on radio as a single off of the album. Can't see Talking To Myself, Halfway Right or One More Light being singles or successful singles if they did become them. Maybe Sharp Edges, MAYBE. Nobody Can Save Me doesn't really flow like a radio single, so I would say no to that one. Sorry For Now could possibly, but again, the structure is a little strange for a radio single that would be a big hit, especially since there are tons and tons of songs on the radio that sound like that one that have a more normal structure. Invisible seems like the likely choice.

I need to find this version you're speaking of. I've only ever heard the version on the album. I think I might enjoy this version. I know we can't ask for links, I assume it's on YouTube, so I'll search when I get back home. Seems interesting to me. I missed a lot of stuff from The Hunting Party era, I don't think they promoted it well enough, you gotta search for stuff from it.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Nobody Can Save Me" could work on radio but I personally couldn't picture it actually doing well. "Heavy" was really the song with the best shot and it didn't do fantastically

3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Its still did pretty well for an LP song in 2017. They really should release their second single soon (I would think Sorry For Now has the highest chance of getting radio play).

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I could honestly only see Talking to Myself as the next single. It could reach a wider audience since it's the most rock-ish song on the album.

BTorio likes this.
  5. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Not to mention they seem pretty intent on playing it at most shows. I feel like Halfway right is just as single-worthy as Invisible, if not more so. I don't wanna see Sharp Edges as a single when there are such better songs.

6. brady

Why would they promote their only rock-ish song for a pop album?

7. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Why would they promote two of their least heavy-rock songs on a heavy rock album? *UIG and FM*

8. brady

Because they were the most radio friendly and were still at least rock songs. Making TTM their next single is just setting themselves up to fail.

Sasuke likes this.
  9. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Well, it seemed like you were saying they wouldn't pick it because it's the most different, so I was pointing out an example where they also picked the two most different tracks. They might fail to all the fans who were looking forward to more Heavy, but lots of fans of their rock sound would be pleasantly surprised in comparison to any other song on the album.

Also, just noticed Heavy finally moved down to their second most popular track on Spotify. It had quite the run though.

10. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

According to another user, Talking To Myself is the next single for the album. As I said before in my post, I can't see it working well as a single, especially with the album having been out for a few months by the time it probably comes out, but who knows, maybe it will catch on.

11. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Talking to myself is the next single cause its the only good song on the record :halfkappa:

rocker94 and Michele like this.
  12. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The full OML instrumentals, probably they leaked.

13. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Just loved this instrumental, thanks for sharing it @Sasuke For Now. It probably sounds better than the original because there are some sounds you can only notice when you take out the voice and let the instruments do their work. If there is a new release only with instrumentals I´ll buy it for sure.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Sasuke and minuteforce like this.
  14. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

They're only available until tomorrow due to copyright stuff I guess. Oh well, this was really nice of you guys to share. :)

15. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Damn, the Nobody Can Save Me instrumental is awesome. I think it and Sorry For Now are far and away the most interesting instrumentals on the album.

blackout. likes this.
  16. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

They're out there for much longer if you know where you're looking :shifty:

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, that wasn't difficult :rolleyes:

18. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

It's time to bring second single. What took them so long?

19. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I don´t know, but I saw on Wikipedia that there´s going to be a Sharp Edges Music Video (I´d prefer one for NCSM or SFN). I think this album could have at least 4 singles. Now that we have Heavy, we could have NCSM, SFN and SE or TTM.

20. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe anything wikipedia says but am interested in TTM music video (if it's the next single). It's one of my favourite tracks on OML.