June 09, 2017 - Bretigny-Sur-Orge, France | Download Festival France 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 8, 2017.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Yes I've been to a festival once outside the US

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I have technically as well, I went to see the band in Canada once in Toronto. The crowd was crazy, loved the Hybrid Theory & Meteora shit.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I would have loved to go to a concert back in the day like 2003 or 2004 just to hear the HT and Meteora songs crowds must have been insane. I couldn't I was too young and had no money, something that bothers me all the time. But I'm grateful I got to see them twice living things cycle and THP cycle. I would have gone this year too but I don't like the setlist they are playing recently and I don't wanna hear one more light songs.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What a twist :rolleyes:

Captain-EO likes this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

If it's true that some people really booed the band, then that's just sad.
    I agree that, maybe for festivals, the band needs to put some heavier tracks but booing is a sign of huge disrespect and immaturity because in the end, the band never stated they will only play old songs.

I've said this before elsewhere. This album cycle has really shown how immature & disrespectful people can be

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Halfway Dwight likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Honestly at these sorts of festivals they should just go out and play the new album front to back. Twice. :halfkappa:

brady, Alexrednex and TobinKnowsBest like this.
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It doesn't surprise me that they got booed, as much as I enjoy OML, it doesn't really fit in with what Download Fest is known for. It's not a rock record and really shouldn't be promoted at a rock music festival.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

But this is to be expected especially with an album like one more light cause it's pop. I mean I hate the album but I'm not gonna act immature and be disrespectful, everyone is different. I mean some fans are really angry so of course they are gonna boo the band.

Jmuuh

Jmuuh New Member

life goals update: listen hallelujah from chester and brad :music:

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

They could have sing songs like Rebellion or A Line in the sand at least...they didn't

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Honestly, if I saw LP live, I would want the most energetic setlist possible. Dunno if this would work for me.

Thanks! I will add this to the show post, and credit you. :)

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

You're performing at a metal festival and you play Roads Untravelled intro, Castle of Glass, Battle Symphony, Invisible, Waiting For The End, One More Light, Crawling piano version, Leave Out All The Rest and Heavy?? Seriously?

No wonder they got booed.

Michele and Filip like this.
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

They got booed? Lmao. Hellfest crowd might throw axes at them.

Also, if I were to hypothetically see a band, and that band plays "Heavy" three songs before the end of the set, I'm leaving.

Michele likes this.
    Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

The band needs to play to their audience. It's as simple as that. Play heavier stuff at festivals. Play whatever they want at their own shows. Then everyone will be happy. Or, well, less angry.

Captain-EO, HybridT, Brawler and 5 others like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ I emphatically agree with both of these points. :sleep:

Bane likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry they got booed and can't believe some people were serious in facebook comments:ermm: I can imagine how the band must feel, it's certainly not a comfortable situation. However, they're playing at rock festivals and should have adapted the setlist to the audience, it's not enough to say f* those people who don't like our new sound and push whatever you want. They're promoting a new album, it's understandable they want to play as many songs as possible but it's not the right kind of people and place.
    I'm with @Filip, hope to see more energetic setlist in Hungary.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I was so ready to finally see Linkin Park live this summer. But this setlist has drained my ambition to see them completely. I enjoy One More Light and I fully realize the album is better live than on record but I agree with you, I wanna see this band rock the fuck out at a concert. Not put me to sleep. Maybe next album cycle....

No kidding. This is easily the band's weakest setlist by a mile. I remember people complaining during the A Thousand Suns world tour about a weak 4-5 song section, but here there's only about 4-5 songs with any real palpable live energy to them.

Talking To Myself is great, but it has got to be the weakest opener the band's ever performed, and throwing Burn It Down right after is just so... safe and bland. And don't get me started on the middle of the set... *yawn*

It's probably exactly how they've felt since February when Heavy was released. Only now the internet comments are happening live.

Doridorica likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

On a more positive note, the Remember The Name intro for Waiting for the End is pretty cool :)

It should play from the right time if I've done this right, if not, it starts 3:20 :lol:

Michele likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I totally understand why people are dissatisfied but to boo the band during the live concert is also kind of disrespectful although they're playing at the rock festival and people do expect heavier stuff. But, at the same time, I can't understand the band pushing the new album so much and playing half of it at that kind of event. I'm excited to see them live but really want to hear another setlist.

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

In Monza will be funny listen first God Save Us All (Death To POP) by Sum41 and then Good Goodbye :')