June 09, 2017 - Bretigny-Sur-Orge, France | Download Festival France 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 8, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

The band's European tour begins tonight at Brétigny-sur-Orge where they are headlining this years edition of Download Festival France!

This will be the band's 17th show in the country, and the third one this year. Well, at least for Chester and Mike. The band has visited France during each of their touring cycles, except Living Things. However, the band has never played in Brétigny-sur-Orge before.

Mike and Chester
    performed in Paris twice on March 27th, and you can read all about the second of those shows here. Earlier that day, they also performed "Heavy" and "Crawling" at the Le Petit Journal. They also premiered "Battle Symphony" live in it's acoustic form that day, a performance which you can revisit below.

Seeing this is the first performace of the European tour, we really have no clue what the band will play. The last we heard from the full band was when they performed in Los Angeles at a release party for their new album One More Light. The band played a 12 song set that was a mixture of fan favorites and songs from the new album, but perhaps the most interesting thing is that they reportedly rehearsed a shortened version of "My December" before the show. Could this song maybe return to the live set for the first time since 2008? If you ask me, chances are slim, but definitely higher than at any point during the last few touring cycles, if the reports are true.

Before that, throughout May, the band did a four date South American tour, and then another round of smaller promo shows for their new album around the USA. During their South America tour, the band played between 21 and 24 songs every night, beginning with the new "Roads Untraveled" intro into "The Catalyst" or "Talking to Myself", and ending with the fan favorite "Bleed It Out". At their May 19 show in Las Vegas, the band played a portion of Depeche Mode's "Strangelove" over the bridge of "Bleed It Out".

The band did rehearsals for this tour at their Third Encore rehearsal space on June 1st and 2nd. They posted clips of songs from One More Light being rehearsed to their Instagram story, and Chester later revealed on Twitter that the band has also been rehearsing the album closer "Sharp Edges". If they add the song to their setlist, it will be the seventh song from the new album that has been performed live, leaving only "Nobody Can Save Me", "Sorry for Now" and "Halfway Right" not performed live. It's important to note that Living Things and The Hunting Party had only 7 and 6 songs played live as they are on the album, respectively.

However, the last performance the band members did was on May 26, when Chester and Brad performed "Hallelujah", written originally by Leonard Cohen, at the funeral of their friend Chris Cornell. We will not be posting footage from the funeral, however the band also dedicated their song "One More Light" to Chris earlier that month, just a day after his death. You can revisit the emotional performance below.

After this show, the band continues on June 11 in Prague where they are playing the Aerodrome Festival.
    If you're attending any of the band's announced shows, make sure to sign up in our official meet up thread, and if you find other members going to the same show, be sure you snap a pic together and send it over to @LPAssociation on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and we'll be sure we share it absolutely everywhere. Seriously. Your grandmothers will have it on their timelines.

Will you be attending this show, though? Excited to see what the band plays? Well, discuss anything, from the show to chicken wings in our forums!

UPDATE: The band didn't play any new songs at this show, check out a photo of the official setlist below, credit to @Brawler.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jun 11, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic, Aerodrome Festival
    Jun 12, 2017 - Berlin, Germany, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 14, 2017 - Nickelsdorf, Austria, Nova Rock Festival
    Jun 15, 2017 - Krakow, Poland, Impact Festival 2017
    Jun 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy, I-Days Milano 2017
    Jun 18, 2017 - Clisson, France, Hellfest 2017
    Jun 20, 2017 - Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 22, 2017 - Madrid, Spain, Download Festival Madrid 2017
    Jun 24, 2017 - Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival 2017
    Jun 25, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival 2017
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 07, 2017 - Manchester, UK, One More Light World Tour

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Michele and minuteforce like this.
    Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Hope all of OML songs will be played live. It will be the first time since Minutes to Midnight album cycle ended.

Iopia and minuteforce like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Sharp Edges hype!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Excited to see the setlist!

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see them in Monza in June 17. There will be 80.000 people! Can't believe it (they will sing with Sum 41 & Blink-182)

Blake likes this.
    thor

thor Well-Known Member

same here!! hoping for something different.

Zach994

Zach994 Member

Similar setlist till now.
    I just hope they don't drop any of the HT/Meteora songs.

Brawler

What songs did they sing so far?

From twitter: "Linkin park very badly headlining". What's happening? :/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Setlist so far:
    01. Fallout w/ 'Roads Untraveled' Vox
    02. Talking To Myself
    03. Burn It Down
    04. The Catalyst Shortened (No Third Verse/Breakdown)
    05. Wastelands w/ 'War' Outro Sample
    06. One Step Closer 2017 Intro; Ext. Outro
    07. Castle Of Glass Experience Version; 2017 Ending
    08. Good Goodbye Ext. Singalong Intro; Live Version
    09. Lost In The Echo Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)
    10. New Divide
    11. Invisible Ext. Intro
    12. Waiting For The End 'Remember The Name' Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro

Brawler

From Twitter: "Hahahahahaha #LinkinPark just got booed at #DownloadFestFrance Finally played an old song but stripped it right up #Crawling. NO GUITARS"

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised. But that makes me extremely sad. I'm going to attend Download Madrid in two weeks and I'm really scared of people's reaction. I believe in Madrid things will be different because there will be really a LOT of LP fans since they don't go there for 7 years or something. I mean, I don't even know what kind of music festival LP can go in right now. They don't belong to heavy music festivals anymore. So sad.

Brawler

I hope they will understand the mistakes they are making.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I'm not saying they are making mistakes, I enjoy the new album and I'm ok with what they release. But regarding festival seasons, the usual festival where they play soon won't pick them anymore and for good reason, they simply aren't heavy anymore and most people there think they suck.

Brawler

People continue to tweet "shameful performance". I'm scared of people reaction in June 17 at Monza, where i will see them.

Zach994

Zach994 Member

I actually like the stripped down version of Crawling.

Brawler

What are other songs?

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Is people REALLY booing them for playing songs from the album they're PROMOTING? :rofl:Some crowds are just stupid and disrespectful, but they still pay to hear the band. Like, do they really thought LP would have played just HT/M songs? Has this people ever been to a concert?

brady, Alexrednex and blackout. like this.
    Brawler

Setlist:

[​IMG]

Nothing new... :(

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

If they are booing overseas wait until they come to U. S places like NYC and such they are gonna get really booed and that's sad. Personally I only like 7 songs they are playing in the setlist I wouldnt wanna pay all that money to listen to 7 songs. THP setlist was amazing glad I went 3 years ago. It's not like they can play 2 separate shows for their divided fan base, they can't play only the heavy songs for the metal heads and the soft pop stuff for the ppl who like that all in the same day.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

You always have a handful of people like this. In general one should be careful to give too much trust for a random dude that spits his nonsense on twitter. First you can really see where he is coming from when you read some of his other tweets and the general "no guitaaaarrrz" crap... second: there are many positive comments on twitter. Third: Actually knew some people that went there. They had a blast but they generally don't care for this childish "band wars" ("OMG, band x should have been the headliner yada yada"). So people that are going to other festivals in the near feature - relax. LP is a bank live :)

Have you ever been to a festival outside the US or where does this impression come from?